ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Ever been knocked out before?

Knocked out or hit so hard that you had jello legs? What was it like?

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

was beaten by around 9 or 10 people for my Celtics jacket and hat.

Never lost consciousness though, One dude body slammed me like they do in wrestling.

Was hit in the temple with a baseball bat mid swing harder then hell and did not get knocked out.

So, its crazy whenever I see peeps gettin knocked out so easily.

My brother Benny was a golden glove boxer and he said the key

to laying someone out is connecting just right on the jaw

Guess its all about where you get hit... idk.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Yup... Summer Camp when Sammy was 14

You actually see 'stars' and legs go rubbery

Was not out like a light...

ApricotSinner32

Never happened to me was just curious.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

patty love to give you a haymaker right to the dome pal

before that will set you up with solid jab action to throw you off

patty you do not want it with me guy i am a tough guy in these parts

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

The summer of August 1994 I was riding my bike down a hill and found out I had no breaks so I turned on the grass to slow down, I lost control, and last thing I remember was falling head forward into bench. Was knocked out for a while

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    was beaten by around 9 or 10 people for my Celtics jacket and hat.

Never lost consciousness though, One dude body slammed me like they do in wrestling.

Was hit in the temple with a baseball bat mid swing harder then hell and did not get knocked out.

So, its crazy whenever I see peeps gettin knocked out so easily.

My brother Benny was a golden glove boxer and he said the key

to laying someone out is connecting just right on the jaw

Guess its all about where you get hit... idk.
    Did those 9 people fight amongst themselves after for the jacket? Why don't you cheer for Chicago?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Yep, Sr. year in HS, got in a fight with a guy and knocked him down the stairs, he broke his ankle. Later that night I got invited (setup) to go to a house party. Little did I know the party was for me. And it was being hosted by the BIG brother of the guy I had got into it with earlier that day. I was there about 5 minutes and I saw a bunch of guys standing in a circle in the living and one of them had a video camera. I had no clue what was going on but instantly got a bad feeling. That's when he clocked me. It was a cheap shot. I still have a scar around my hair line from the ring he was wearing. To this day, I have no recollection of getting hit. I remember at some point, I came to it and my buddy had a steak knife from the kitchen drawer and was swinging it at people. We got out safe. Cops were called by neighbors. They all went to jail for drugs and assault.

ApricotSinner32

Funny you mention a bike ride seaweed.. I think the closest to ko'd I was was on long island I was bmxing (wasn't good at all) with my friend and tried to clear a jump and hit the lip of the landing lip and I flipped and the bike fell on top of me. Wasn't a huge jump (height or length) Or else I could have gotten fuked up bad... but I remember being dazed/light headed for the 2-3 mile ride home. Hard feeling to describe. Shari if you saloon this shit you're done. I will make a few calls and have you baking beatles in kenya for 9 shekels a day.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Shari is going to saloon it in 8 minutes

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Yip weird feeling. A bouncer king hit me because my mate was being a smart arse and I thought it would be a good idea to get in between them, turns out it wasn't his other bouncer buddy smoked me. Didn't see the punch or know what happened just woke up to this this massive dude standing over me abusing me still (I'm tiny so I'm not sure what he was trying to prove). It was a funny story at the time got a few stitches but nothing major, seems like king hit fatalities happen all the time now though so I guess I was pretty lucky in that regard.

Seaweed
    Update your status

I'm scared to fight because I never know what the other person is capable of. Personally, I'm not a fighter because I do not like to cause harm to others. I don't feel good about it and I don't like those situations. I just want to be happy and safe

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Yep, Sr. year in HS, got in a fight with a guy and knocked him down the stairs, he broke his ankle. Later that night I got invited (setup) to go to a house party. Little did I know the party was for me. And it was being hosted by the BIG brother of the guy I had got into it with earlier that day. I was there about 5 minutes and I saw a bunch of guys standing in a circle in the living and one of them had a video camera. I had no clue what was going on but instantly got a bad feeling. That's when he clocked me. It was a cheap shot. I still have a scar around my hair line from the ring he was wearing. To this day, I have no recollection of getting hit. I remember at some point, I came to it and my buddy had a steak knife from the kitchen drawer and was swinging it at people. We got out safe. Cops were called by neighbors. They all went to jail for drugs and assault.

shitty story. Something exactly like that happened to one of my friends a long while back when we was still in school

Weird thing is, she is a girl. She destroyed some chick earlier that day and she was set up .

They had this big bitch waiting for her at the house she was invited to

The huge bitch fought her 1 on 1 and as soon as they saw Mandy was still somehow holding her own they all jumped on her.

Seaweed

They were all a group.

Thankfully most of my friends were older then I was ,long story short, had the jacket brought to me by one of the people who was involved.

I did not swing on the dude or take the jacket back. I asked him for a couple names (which he gave) and threw the jacket

away because blood was on the inside and outside of it.

Only team I cheer for in any sport is the Redbirds..... Weeds......

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Closest I've been to getting knocked out I was sparring with an instructor and I hit him too hard or in the wrong place, he got mad and hit me square in the nose with a spinning heel kick (wheel kick). You aren't supposed to hit the front of the face in sparring, just the headgear, but he decided to break that rule.

My sinuses felt weird, I buckled and fell back but didn't go out, just had a bloody nose.

Oh and been beaned in the head trying to scoop a baseball a few times that sucks

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Closest I've been to getting knocked out I was sparring with an instructor and I hit him too hard or in the wrong place, he got mad and hit me square in the nose with a spinning heel kick (wheel kick). You aren't supposed to hit the front of the face in sparring, just the headgear, but he decided to break that rule.

My sinuses felt weird, I buckled and fell back but didn't go out, just had a bloody nose.

Oh and been beaned in the head trying to scoop a baseball a few times that sucks
    Centaur, remember what you did to me last superbowl? It's been done again

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Centaur, remember what you did to me last superbowl? It's been done again
    LOL who? I promise it isn't me or a ghost

Seaweed
    Update your status

LOL who? I promise it isn't me or a ghost
    Kraken. It's in playerstalk

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I've been in a few fights but never KO'd straight up. Frankly never lost straight up. I tried to break up a fight in HS. Buddy of mine and a teammate who had beef. Anyway, I step in and blam some dude takes a running start and clocks me in the temple. Never saw him coming. Woke up and couldn't see. It was pretty brutal. Decided fighting was not for me. Now I just stab or shoot.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Twice. I boxed when I was younger, and got KO'd sparring because I was in with a bigger fighter, and beating him so I got cocky, then a straight to my temple took my ass out quick. It's like you want to get up, but your body is not letting you. Your mind is totally there, but you look like you have no idea what's going on, because your body isn't linking up with your brain. Getting hit in the nose stuns you, temple and jaw can KO you instantly.

The other time a foul ball hit me in little league practice while I was playing catch. I don't even remember it happening, just waking up and watching the other kids freaking out since they've never seen it happen before.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

When playing hockey, some guy wanted to fight after I had just finished a 5 minute shift. I could bearly lift my arms, so I turtled. The guy pushed me backwards and my head slammed in to the ice knocking me out instantly. Then the dude punched me about 5 or 6 times before refs jumped in. Didn't feel any of it cuz I was out. I don't remember how I got off the ice.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill knock you out if ya want centy

What instructor? You a black belt in some martial art centy? Cuz you got me there. I quit at green.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

hit in the back of the head with a brick by a 210 lb black dude. staggered , but i didnt fall. just bled like hell. stitches.

punched in the heard by a black belt hard in high school after an altercation in gym class . my whole body slammed against the lockers. staggered didnt fall down. people around me looked in awe. just a contusion.

fell down some stairs . stitches wasnt knocked out .

2 bike (regular bike not motorcycle) accidents because i refused to wear a helmet cuz i was stupid . stitches never knocked out.

plenty of fights, shoving punching. never knocked out. beaten up though.

in conclusion never broken any bones, never knocked out

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Anybody ever play the other knock out game, where you take 10 deep breaths, hold and a buddy squeezes you
    in a bear hug until you pass out? I have. You're only out for a few seconds. When waking up my tongue would
    be all tingly.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

my JR year in high school got jumped by 3 big thugs....beat the living fuk out of me. I don't remember anything as I took many blows to the head. The girl I was with is the only reason I know it happened as she told me. Couldn't remember shit just kept asking why I was bleeding. The next day we had a Varsity football game and I had a helmet to helmet hit on the running back and my team realized something was wrong. I went to the opposing teams huddle (to huddle up) not knowing what the fuk was going on. Apparently I had a concussion on b2b days. Never had any tingly feelings more of just a fog or haze.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

A few times.
    When I was younger, around 10 or so, fell out a tree landed on head, took an ambulance. Don't remember much but waking up in hospital.

Took a baseball bat to the head, out for a few seconds, didn't realize anything was wrong, trip to hospital for 23 stitches.

Football, high school, senior linebacker popped me pretty good going across the middle. Cocky freshmen. Learned my lesson. At least I got to sit out the running part of practice at the end.

Last year, out for a few seconds, no biggie, woke up the next morning puked a bit, overall felt fine though.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Never in a fight...

However, I have been knocked flat out cold about 3 times in my life and have suffered from around 9 concussions that are known (within the last 4 years, since concussion testing became serious)

Two times Ive gotten it the worst

Once was in 2009 (senior year in high school) football…it was first round of playoffs and I went for a sack on the scrambling quarterback and my buddy was coming from the other DE position and I went in and the crown of his helmet hit the side of my temple..out cold for about 2 minutes…woke up to the trainer asking me who was the new president was….it was halftime came out after half and finished and won the game..

The other time was last year 2013, playing high level rugby…We were just tearing this team in half..the score was like 61-3 or something and its a huge rivalry. The smallest kid on their team (no joke maybe a buck 40 soaking wet) who was also Australian, was nuts, this kid was fcking insane all over the field laying the wood..well we were coming back from a chip over in open play got nice momentum and go forward and the kid who had the ball in front of me got shoelace tackled on his way down he was popping me the ball I saw a HUGE overload to the right and no one there…the next thing I remember the game was over. The kid blindsided me just absolutely crushed me. Head right to my jaw. boom. out… finished playing the rest of the game which was about 10 minutes before the trainers knew anything was wrong said I was mumbling and shit right after the try when they went to bring water but just thought I was tired… You can watch the whole thing happen on film and then I am stumbling drunk the rest of the game.

By far my worst concussion..

shit happens. I'm still playing and want to play as long as possible and represent my country at the higher level. but the past few years things are a little off, hard time remembering little details, hard time sleeping every now and again Ill get nauseous a bit slower reaction time but its what I love and competition is the only thing I've known for my life. I got some other cool stories as well but those two are the most prominent. other than the 2x4

The Kraken

Edit: Disregard. It appears everything was spelled correctly
    Last edited by The Kraken; 01-15-14 at 01:32 PM.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    shitty story. Something exactly like that happened to one of my friends a long while back when we was still in school

Weird thing is, she is a girl. She destroyed some chick earlier that day and she was set up .

They had this big bitch waiting for her at the house she was invited to

The huge bitch fought her 1 on 1 and as soon as they saw Mandy was still somehow holding her own they all jumped on her.

Seaweed

They were all a group.

Thankfully most of my friends were older then I was ,long story short, had the jacket brought to me by one of the people who was involved.

I did not swing on the dude or take the jacket back. I asked him for a couple names (which he gave) and threw the jacket

away because blood was on the inside and outside of it.

Only team I cheer for in any sport is the Redbirds..... Weeds......
    Amazing we're alive Fidel.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Dam some crazy stories on here...

Worst for me was taking a baseball to the temple as a kid...had double vision for a couple of minutes and was dizzy and nauseous for what felt like hours.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

I snuck into bed at about 4.00am half drunk one morning.

Snuggled down on my side and just started to fall asleep when totally unexpectedly...

Whack. The wife does a full haymaker type swing from the other side of the bed and slaps me over the ear and side of head as hard as she could.

I was groggy and saw stars for about 3 minutes.

She wasn't good enough to knock me out though!

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I snuck into bed at about 4.00am half drunk one morning.

Snuggled down on my side and just started to fall asleep when totally unexpectedly...

Whack. The wife does a full haymaker type swing from the other side of the bed and slaps me over the ear and side of head as hard as she could.

I was groggy and saw stars for about 3 minutes.

She wasn't good enough to knock me out though!

I feel your pain my man!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Knocked out or hit so hard that you had jello legs? What was it like?
    Yes had a steel cap boot to side of my head repeatedly by a drunk guy 6'5 260 lb on a train 15 years ago.

Only remember waking up in hospital. Apparently I was conscious the whole time after it happened but don't remember a thing.

Around 9 months later the same guy was walking alone at night when a van approached him and (apparently) 2 guys got out wearing full face helmets brandishing baseball bats and went str8 for the guys kneecaps.

15 years on and I still occasionally see the guy getting around in his wheelchair.

Again, all hypothetical but karma is a carnt to some people...