Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

If you could only own 2 Firearms for protection what would they be?

I think i would choose 44 magnum revolver the short kind that fits in your pocket and Benneli tactical shotgun
    ( same as marines use)

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Depends what type of protection.. If you truly want a concealed carry I would go with a ruger lc9 it's a slim fit single stack pistol...

But home defense the tactical shotguns are phenomenal.. You won't miss an individual in a hallway I like ARs though

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I think i would choose 44 magnum revolver the short kind that fits in your pocket and Benneli tactical shotgun
    ( same as marines use)
    Have you ever fired a .44 mag? I have two and these are no joke and I wouldn't want a short barrel...you want the long barrel, classic blued S/W .44.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I wouldn't buy a bennelli, just plain and simply are not worth what they charge. Just a principle of mine, when I can get the exact same quality for less why would I give bennelli my business? Remington tactical much better value and mossberg fine enough also. And .44 completely unnecessary when a .45 is better all round for protection. I'd take a 9mm over .44 for protection also.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-10-14 at 01:49 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Some sort of low power scatter gun that won't kill easily.

Do you really want to immediately resort to being a killer in defense of your TV and Xbox?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

protection from what? thieves? zombies? exgfs?

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Do you really want to immediately resort to being a killer in defense of your TV and Xbox?
    Yeah, just injure the guy so he can try again next week...

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

My trusty M9 and a shot gun.

Concealed carry is my XD9 sub-compact.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

An FN F2000 would be sufficient for me:

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

Sheeeit. That gun is phenomenal. Never even held one.

That's one of those video game guns.

Way more than anyone needs.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

lol where i live crime is high.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

wow that is insane! that is probably illegal right?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    protection from what? thieves? zombies? exgfs?
    in my neighborhood a lady woke up in the middle of the night with a masked man in her bedroom

he had a key to her house so he didnt have to break in or anything. Luckily for her he just left when she woke up instead of trying to harm her.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It depends on the state laws. You may have to have a special permit and have it registered.

ChalkyDog

Any fully automatic is illegal without an assload of paperwork, even in Arizona. The grenade launcher doesn't help.

brooks85

bought and sold one of these during the hysteria last year. Took every ounce of will power to not take it to the range.

brooks85

Only in states where criminals are given a handicap ie california. At that point you have to modify it, longer barrel, bullet button lol

brooks85

This is what I want though kriss super v, it throws a wall of .45s and has, I think it was, 90% less recoil than an mp5 which only shoots 9mm. Accurate out to 100yds

here is the rifle you want, FN scar 17s.

folding stock + buy a 12inch barrel and it looks like this and now you're shooting .308s

This guys are so new and I just don't need them so be years before I buy one to actually keep.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-10-14 at 03:43 PM.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Only in states where criminals are given a handicap ie california. At that point you have to modify it, longer barrel, bullet button lol
    F2000 is a fully automatic rifle. The one above has a grenade launcher.

That shit is illegal without a mountain of paper work, even in Texas or my gun loving state of Arizona.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

RockRiver AR-15
    Sig P-938

If I could only keep two of my collection, thats probably what I would go with. RR by far makes my favorite AR, I also own a Colt and Bushmaster, but will never buy anything but RR from now on.

Also, Bennelli is well worth the price tag if you're using them for hunting or trap shooting. I use a Bennelli Super Black Eagle 2 for duck, dove, turkey, etc. and it's the best shotgun you'll ever handle. If you want a shotgun for next to your bed...go to a pawn shop and pick one up for $100.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    F2000 is a fully automatic rifle. The one above has a grenade launcher.

That shit is illegal without a mountain of paper work, even in Texas or my gun loving state of Arizona.
    Indeed it is, good thing they make the FS2000 which is the exact same gun, especially if you have the right gen pack. And no, mine didn't have a grenade launcher, didn't think I would need to specify that lol

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Yeah, just injure the guy so he can try again next week...

lol where i live crime is high.
    Maybe I don't get how bad the crims are there, but having worked as an insurance investigator in a number of cases where guards or shop keepers shot people, I'd say most of us would feel damaged or at least changed after taking a life. Whoever it was. Or whatever we might think about them beforehand.

But more important than that, If I ever made the mistake of shooting family, friend or the daughters boyfriend trying to sneak in at night, I'd like to know I can't make a fatal error. ;-)

Not that I don't like all those cool guns. If ever in the US I fully plan to spend a few days on a range firing all sorts of crazy weaponry.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    RockRiver AR-15
    Sig P-938

If I could only keep two of my collection, thats probably what I would go with. RR by far makes my favorite AR, I also own a Colt and Bushmaster, but will never buy anything but RR from now on.

Also, Bennelli is well worth the price tag if you're using them for hunting or trap shooting. I use a Bennelli Super Black Eagle 2 for duck, dove, turkey, etc. and it's the best shotgun you'll ever handle. If you want a shotgun for next to your bed...go to a pawn shop and pick one up for $100.
    Strange you mentioned such a specific brand.

I just heard of Rock River this past weekend when I went shooting with my buddy. He literally just got one.

Not a single misfire, jam etc like most AR-15's are known for. We shot hundreds of rounds.

I've had a Colt and Bushmaster myself, sold them both. POS's in my opinion.

Shooting the Rock River was the first AR that I've considered owning in years.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

basic 12 gauge Remington or MossB and a .40/.45 caliber side. Mission accomplished

ChalkyDog

brooks85

^that's hot

I've heard a lot of good things about rock river, never shot one though.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Strange you mentioned such a specific brand.

I just heard of Rock River this past weekend when I went shooting with my buddy. He literally just got one.

Not a single misfire, jam etc like most AR-15's are known for. We shot hundreds of rounds.

I've had a Colt and Bushmaster myself, sold them both. POS's in my opinion.

Shooting the Rock River was the first AR that I've considered owning in years.
    I would high recommend Rock River. They are a little more pricey, and can take a while to aquire, but it's well worth it.

ChalkyDog

^that's hot

I've heard a lot of good things about rock river, never shot one though.
    Few years back, went to go shooting with the girl on the right, she brought her dumbass friend on the left.

Picture is a perfect example of why shooting with chicks is life threatening.

Girl on the left has her finger on the trigger and a loaded revolver in her pants to "try" and look her way hotter friend. (although, chick on the left has a decent body when she takes that hoodie off, face is busted up though).

Anyway, that is my AK. Collapsible stock is a must. The AR is just a cheap upper and lower put together by my buddy. Decent scope though. Made it a lot of fun plinking.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Rock River is where its at….buddy has one thats exactly what I want… I sold a Daniel Defense last year during the hysteria too….thinking I would keep the money and rebuy…didn't happen…I will probably buy a lower receiver here in the next couple of days and start my own build, would feel much more accomplished and it would let me fit it to exactly my needs.

I had a smith and wesson m&p 40c…terrible for concealed carry was like a brick on my side..thats why I switched. My girl carries a bodyguard 380 in case anything happens to her, I taught her the same my daddy taught me…always safe then sorry but when you decide to draw you better be prepared to fire.

Honestly concealed carry can be more dangerous than when you may be unarmed, a robber might have a gun and only plan on robbing and leaving..but the second you try to pull on him he's gonna fire back...

With that being said I wouldn't live without at least a couple..have one in every room..call me paranoid but its the nature of the beast..people these days are absolutely insane and you never know what may happen.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    Rock River is where its at….buddy has one thats exactly what I want… I sold a Daniel Defense last year during the hysteria too….thinking I would keep the money and rebuy…didn't happen…I will probably buy a lower receiver here in the next couple of days and start my own build, would feel much more accomplished and it would let me fit it to exactly my needs.

I had a smith and wesson m&p 40c…terrible for concealed carry was like a brick on my side..thats why I switched. My girl carries a bodyguard 380 in case anything happens to her, I taught her the same my daddy taught me…always safe then sorry but when you decide to draw you better be prepared to fire.

Honestly concealed carry can be more dangerous than when you may be unarmed, a robber might have a gun and only plan on robbing and leaving..but the second you try to pull on him he's gonna fire back...

With that being said I wouldn't live without at least a couple..have one in every room..call me paranoid but its the nature of the beast..people these days are absolutely insane and you never know what may happen.
    Absolutely. You can get lower's for $100 right now, decent ones too. Don't go too cheap on the upper and you can make yourself a really nice gun with awesome scope for the same price as a new Colt or Bushmaster.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery

Absolutely. You can get lower's for $100 right now, decent ones too. Don't go too cheap on the upper and you can make yourself a really nice gun with awesome scope for the same price as a new Colt or Bushmaster.

Yeah during the crisis last year I wanted to start my own build but the lowers were like $500 but now their down around the hundred..looking at spikes tactical lowers..have read good reviews.

But it is nice after reading this thread the state I live in how easy it is to have the option to carry and own these type weapons.

brooks85

yeah it's crazy. When I sold that FS2000 I specifically labeled it to be California complaint because I knew I would get the most profit but learning about the rules in Cali made me laugh, would never move there for any amount of money.

I had to drill off the muzzle break on the fs2000 by drilling out this metal pin so I could unscrew it because the gun wasn't long enough then attach extended on just so the rifle was long enough. Then had to install bullet button which is hilarious someone thinks that would prevent a massacre. And also pin the magazine so it would only take 10 rounds. It was surreal to say the least, that I actually had to be doing this in USA.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-10-14 at 11:29 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post
    RockRiver AR-15
    Sig P-938

that sig p-938 looks cool.

how trusty is the safety switch on that?

i want to be able to tuck it in my pants without shooting my dikk off

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Girl on the right.. Plexico Burress in 3...2...1...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Girl on the right.. Plexico Burress in 3...2...1...
    those girls look like they would be a lot of fun...