innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Question about ghosts.

If sbr is doing nothing to prohibit ghosts from having multiple accounts.

What is the advantage of people going pro?

You could have a obese shut in (living in his moms basement) who simply makes hundreds of ghosts accounts and transfers 2 points per day into one account.

Just a thought

Does SBR do anything about ghosts.

I think the only person I know who was banned was that pabinator fella.

oddly some people have disappeared or have they?

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

In that scenario I think it would be pretty obvious what was going on with the scamming of points so they'd shut that down quick. But there sure isn't anything stopping people from making 3 accounts so when one gets inevitably buried they can move to the next.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

SBR catches on quick if you do what you suggest innovation.

They claim to do something and if it's the same IP the system auto bans you. Anyone with a brain can get around that, so it's kind of hard. But if it just increases traffic, SBR isn't going to spend time and money to go all ghostbusters.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

They catch the ghosts on the points transfers.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Don't get me wrong fellas I am happy with the whole pro gig. I just wanted to make sure cheaters are not allowed. I am not suggesting anything. Just wanted to make sure there was some guidelines and rules that sbr does follow.
    Last edited by innovation; 01-07-14 at 10:18 AM. Reason: called tt drinker lol

dalrom
    dalrom's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was banned here awhile ago and created a new account the other day in 30 seconds. i have my own private ip that changes dynamically because i dont want the government monitoring me. it is pointless for SBR to have moderators when they have such lax registration standards. even if this account is banned, i can still go create a new one in 10 seconds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

As long as not stealing points I don't think is a big deal

Ghosts are just insecure men that are losers

We all know they are and we laugh At them

Very difficult to keep catching ghostd every five minutes and very time-consuming and it's not worth it

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    If sbr is doing nothing to prohibit ghosts from having multiple accounts.

What is the advantage of people going pro?

You could have a obese shut in (living in his moms basement) who simply makes hundreds of ghosts accounts and transfers 2 points per day into one account.

Just a thought

Does SBR do anything about ghosts.

I think the only person I know who was banned was that pabinator fella.

oddly some people have disappeared or have they?

yes SBR has a very strict policy regarding this.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by dalrom View Post
    i was banned here awhile ago and created a new account the other day in 30 seconds. i have my own private ip that changes dynamically because i dont want the government monitoring me. it is pointless for SBR to have moderators when they have such lax registration standards. even if this account is banned, i can still go create a new one in 10 seconds.
    how did you get your own private IP that changes dramatically?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

there are no ghosts here

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by dalrom View Post
    Give us a little more credit than that.

Some good and accurate comments in the thread. We can't discuss the methods we have to ghost bust. It's a problem, we are mainly searching for scammers. We confiscate about 20k points a month from scammers. A ghost sometimes is a harmless situation of a guy who has been away and forgets his password or some other reason. We will NSA those guys to make sure there is no scamming. I would guess we bust over 50 probably over 100 ghosts/scammers a day. We are doing something even if it doesn't seem like it.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Some good and accurate comments in the thread. We can't discuss the methods we have to ghost bust. It's a problem, we are mainly searching for scammers. We confiscate about 20k points a month from scammers. A ghost sometimes is a harmless situation of a guy who has been away and forgets his password or some other reason. We will NSA those guys to make sure there is no scamming. I would guess we bust over 50 probably over 100 ghosts/scammers a day. We are doing something even if it doesn't seem like it.
    Hi John, were you the one that busted Jon Cheer (scammer at betislands) too? or somebody else?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post