lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Medicinal Cannabis- worth it?

I live in Canada and applied for further info, my doc laughed in my face when I asked him for a referral. Can't eat or sleep without it

If you live in a state with medical, can you recommend it or just better off getting on the streets? I can get really good stuff but I'd rather not have my dope go through so many hands. I have no idea who grows the stuff.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

In CA 35$ gets you a referral. Depends on the shop as far as quality, but the good ones have ridiculously good ganj. Prices have been coming down too. Used to be that an 8th of the really primo shit was 80-100 - now less than 60 in most cases. That being said, I do not have a card and prefer to keep my name off of the lists. All my friends do and I just add to their orders.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

price is coming down due to increased popularity of concentrate/oil......yummy.

cecil127

and the sheer amount of chit being grown....everyone wants to be a pot farmer. and apparently you can.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    price is coming down due to increased popularity of concentrate/oil......yummy.
    yeah, my buddies mostly vape wax. very popular in LA

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If you can't get a referral, you haven't tried.

Those things are handed out for a small charge, zero legitimacy to any claim. Just say you have back pain - boom. Medical marijuana card.

Also, it is worth it. The street prices for Sour Diesel are competitive with the store price for the same. Actually, it's not even close, the product inside the stores are superior to anything you will get with the exception of knowing a grower yourself, but even then you are pretty limited to the strain types.

I've walked out of a "pharmacy" with a quarter of OG Kush and Platinum OG and a half zone of Sour Diesel, while my buddy got a whole bunch of edibles and another ounce of Mind Eraser.

You'd be hard pressed to do that on the street, and if you can you have the best dealer on the planet.

ChalkyDog

MMMMM, sour D. One of my faves all time.

I need to go get me some Christmas bud. Some of the best weed you can get is available this time of year.

Sour D is on the list, these bitches better have it.

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Much different in Canada where the clubs are few and far between. Affordable high grade is readily available on the streets, even people prescribed will opt out of the program.

Seems like America is crushing Canada on the war on drugs, never though this would ever happen.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by lunch View Post
    Much different in Canada where the clubs are few and far between. Affordable high grade is readily available on the streets, even people prescribed will opt out of the program.

Seems like America is crushing Canada on the war on drugs, never though this would ever happen.
    I live in an insanely conservative state that will put someone in jail for less than a gram or incredibly insignificant amount. (See Michael Beasley in Scottsdale). Hell, they just passed a bill where if they pull you over and have reasonable suspicion enough to warrant them taking your blood, and your blood is positive with THC - they can hit you with a DWI, even if you haven't smoked in weeks - as the marijuana stays in your system for up to a month. That's how fukkin stupid the state I live in is.

But, I was able to get my medical marijuana card without even needing a referal, because I went to a fair when it first got OK'd and they had a tent setup where a doctor would perform a consultation and write you a card for the cost of the federal application.

I've only gone to the shop twice since then, don't know why. I get weed on the cheap is more than likely the reason. The shop really can't be beat if it costs you $300 for an ounce of some high grade shiz on the street anyway.

I spent a summer in Seattle, and stayed a weekend with my cousin in Vancouver - that was without a doubt my best experience with weed ever. The chronic circulating the pacific north west is incredible, and Vancouver has the goods. This was years ago, well before the current situation out there, and well before this huge marijuana boom in the united states.

Canadian weed is incredible and it's impossible to convince me otherwise.

Sorry, thought you were a Yank. I have no idea the benefits of a medical marijuana card up there, especially if there is no legal ramifications to getting stopped with personal use on you.

Medical Marijuana card is necessary for me, as I can't afford to get hit with a possession charge, as I usually am found with a personal stash on me.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I live in an insanely conservative state that will put someone in jail for less than a gram or incredibly insignificant amount. (See Michael Beasley in Scottsdale). Hell, they just passed a bill where if they pull you over and have reasonable suspicion enough to warrant them taking your blood, and your blood is positive with THC - they can hit you with a DWI, even if you haven't smoked in weeks - as the marijuana stays in your system for up to a month. That's how fukkin stupid the state I live in is.

But, I was able to get my medical marijuana card without even needing a referal, because I went to a fair when it first got OK'd and they had a tent setup where a doctor would perform a consultation and write you a card for the cost of the federal application.

I've only gone to the shop twice since then, don't know why. I get weed on the cheap is more than likely the reason. The shop really can't be beat if it costs you $300 for an ounce of some high grade shiz on the street anyway.

I spent a summer in Seattle, and stayed a weekend with my cousin in Vancouver - that was without a doubt my best experience with weed ever. The chronic circulating the pacific north west is incredible, and Vancouver has the goods. This was years ago, well before the current situation out there, and well before this huge marijuana boom in the united states.

Canadian weed is incredible and it's impossible to convince me otherwise.

Sorry, thought you were a Yank. I have no idea the benefits of a medical marijuana card up there, especially if there is no legal ramifications to getting stopped with personal use on you.

Medical Marijuana card is necessary for me, as I can't afford to get hit with a possession charge, as I usually am found with a personal stash on me.
    I'm not a smoker, but when I read your stories Chalky about weed...man do I wanna smoke!!! Unreal...I might hit a joint shop in Cali when I come back in States....

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I'm not a smoker, but when I read your stories Chalky about weed...man do I wanna smoke!!! Unreal...I might hit a joint shop in Cali when I come back in States....
    I highly recommend it.

Love weed and never saw it do anybody wrong. (some people get a little paranoid, but it's far from sideways I've seen people go on other shit).

Actually stopped smoking for about 3 years, because of a chick. My choice, just wanted to see if I could. I could, easily, cold turkey. The pussy was really good. She had one of those magical twats. Tighter and warmer than average... anyway I digress.

Picked it back up a couple years ago and it had an immediate positive impact on my life. Just gotta find the right strains. Not all weed makes you sleepy, or lazy and hungry. I'm a big Sativa guy as a result. Much more of a laughing high and psuedo-philosophic discussion (if judging people is a sin, is Santa a sinner?). Indica is a much more of a body high, feel lazy and lethargic.

Find whats right, but bottom line - it's all good.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I highly recommend it.

Love weed and never saw it do anybody wrong. (some people get a little paranoid, but it's far from sideways I've seen people go on other shit).

Actually stopped smoking for about 3 years, because of a chick. My choice, just wanted to see if I could. I could, easily, cold turkey. The pussy was really good. She had one of those magical twats. Tighter and warmer than average... anyway I digress.

Picked it back up a couple years ago and it had an immediate positive impact on my life. Just gotta find the right strains. Not all weed makes you sleepy, or lazy and hungry. I'm a big Sativa guy as a result. Much more of a laughing high and psuedo-philosophic discussion (if judging people is a sin, is Santa a sinner?). Indica is a much more of a body high, feel lazy and lethargic.

I'll hit you up, when I'm ready...would need some suggestions from a pro like you

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I live amongst a jungle and would put my weed up against all comers growing super skunk, original diesel and bcn diesel.

cecil127

I highly recommend it.

youd love this tahoe OG Kush im holding.....fo real. yummy indica
    Last edited by cecil127; 12-21-13 at 02:07 PM.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

OP, if you're going to get it straight from dispensaries in Cali at least, it is very expensive.

Best way long term is to become friendly with a grower who supplies the dispensaries... and just have him hook you up with some on the side.

Still get a medical card because it makes the transaction perfectly legal.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    OP, if you're going to get it straight from dispensaries in Cali at least, it is very expensive.

Best way long term is to become friendly with a grower who supplies the dispensaries... and just have him hook you up with some on the side.

Still get a medical card because it makes the transaction perfectly legal.
    if you're talking to me then I got connections in Cali, bot legal and illegal ...but thanks for the tip

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

if you're talking to me then I got connections in Cali, bot legal and illegal ...but thanks for the tip
    Naa, not really at you Rocket.

I was just letting lunch know that that seems to be the best way to get cheaper yet still high quality stuff, wherever you are.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Naa, not really at you Rocket.

I was just letting lunch know that that seems to be the best way to get cheaper yet still high quality stuff, wherever you are.
    ahh I gotcha...but sometimes you gotta pay for the quality at dispensary just to be sure that you get the real deal...I mean I know nothing about it...it just my guess

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Chalky can you ship me a dime bag!?

I will pay triple???

I bet if everyone smoked weed it would be a better world.

cecil127

you were too scared to step out and sample the GDP I had at Parx a few moons back jj...why the sudden change of heart?

cecil127

ahh I gotcha...but sometimes you gotta pay for the quality at dispensary just to be sure that you get the real deal...I mean I know nothing about it...it just my guess
    if you don't know that much about it then pretty much ANYTHING at the shop will work beyond your wildest dreams....its the guys who know the names, the look, the smell that need the Real Thing baby

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    if you don't know that much about it then pretty much ANYTHING at the shop will work beyond your wildest dreams....its the guys who know the names, the look, the smell that need the Real Thing baby
    I mean I've tried different kinds a few times many years back...even had a fukking vodka made out of weed once, but yeah you're right...at this point anything would blow my socks off with a very 1st puff

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Chalky can you ship me a dime bag!?

I will pay triple???

I bet if everyone smoked weed it would be a better world.
    No, I prefer not to get a trafficking charge in every state between Arizona and New Jersey as well as federal. I suggest you do the same.

JJ, just walk down any street in America and ask people if they can get you some weed. Half the people you will run into can, just a matter of time before you find someone willing to help you out.

Also, a dimebag? WTF is this, the 90's? Or do you want some mexican weed? $10 might get you a joint of chronic if you're lucky these days, and most likely a pinner at that.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I live in the 70's still
    Ok Chalker .. Your a fukkin expert at so much shit here

Unreal