thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

I can't understand why everyone specially chilidog is wasting his time responding to this guy?? He is here to vent and obviously not going anywhere....people who renounce US citizenship to avoid taxes generally have millions of dollars and you obviously don't.

And if you really leave the US wait until you experience policies of EU countries, you will board the first flight back to the US...but will the US let you back??

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I can't understand why everyone specially chilidog is wasting his time responding to this guy?? He is here to vent and obviously not going anywhere....people who renounce US citizenship to avoid taxes generally have millions of dollars and you obviously don't.

And if you really leave the US wait until you experience policies of EU countries, you will board the first flight back to the US...but will the US let you back??
    You are an idiot as well as illiterate.

thunderous
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You are an idiot as well as illiterate.
    Thank you!
    Oh the irony....

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

If you don't want your taxes to go to helping poor people you could always move to a country in central America or Africa, They just let the poor people starve and fight like animals on the street. Sounds like paradise and then around Christmas time you could donate a little money to help feed some children or not because they're just going to turn into more poor people

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Some illiterate people on here it seems.

I stated clearly I wasn't leaving to avoid taxes.

thunderous
    Update your status

Some illiterate people on here it seems.

I stated clearly I wasn't leaving to avoid taxes.
    I never said that was your intention....I just mentioned the fact that people who renounce their citizenship do it normally to avoid taxes and I am not talking about the wages a normal person earns....

You can live in a foreign country without renouncing your citizenship. You will be taxed in the US but not at the rate a resident US citizen would be taxed while the host country would also tax you but your net tax would be close to what you are paying now.
    Have you looked at taxes in other countries before bitching about taxes here?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I never said that was your intention....I just mentioned the fact that people who renounce their citizenship do it normally to avoid taxes and I am not talking about the wages a normal person earns....

You can live in a foreign country without renouncing your citizenship. You will be taxed in the US but not at the rate a resident US citizen would be taxed while the host country would also tax you but your net tax would be close to what you are paying now.
    This is what you said...
    people who renounce US citizenship to avoid taxes generally have millions of dollars and you obviously don't.
    You clearly thought I was leaving to avoid taxes, hence, you are fukkin illiterate.

I don't give a fukk about what the US taxes me. Once I'm gone officially they can't touch me.

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

any reason you won't state your destination? Looks like a handful of people are interested

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

As a Canadian, I would never want to live in the US. The only benefit I can see to living in the USA is the low tax rate. If I had to deal with the high crime and violence, I'd be out of there. New Zealand, Scotland, or Germany are top on my list if Canada ever gets to be like the USA.

nate turner
    Update your status
    nate turner's Avatar Become A Pro!

what you should do is stick a pistol in your mouth and do the lords work.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I can't understand why everyone specially chilidog is wasting his time responding to this guy??
    Because he seems sincere with his questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosseman22 View Post
    If you don't want your taxes to go to helping poor people you could always move to a country in central America or Africa, They just let the poor people starve and fight like animals on the street. Sounds like paradise and then around Christmas time you could donate a little money to help feed some children or not because they're just going to turn into more poor people
    While it is true that government assistance is lacking in Central America, it isn't needed. People understand that if they don't work, they don't eat, and families greatly look after each other. It's actually kinda cool seeing how everybody bands together to take care of each other, without some national disaster happening first.

You will be taxed in the US but not at the rate a resident US citizen would be taxed while the host country would also tax you but your net tax would be close to what you are paying now.
    We're taxed at the same federal rate, but we do get a foreign tax credit in the $9x,xxx range. This applies to earned income. This tax credit is supposed to offset the taxes that you pay to your host country.

I don't give a fukk about what the US taxes me. Once I'm gone officially they can't touch me.
    You should really, really seriously do your homework, man. It seems like this is just a dream for you at this point. The US can touch you.

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    As a Canadian, I would never want to live in the US. The only benefit I can see to living in the USA is the low tax rate. If I had to deal with the high crime and violence, I'd be out of there. New Zealand, Scotland, or Germany are top on my list if Canada ever gets to be like the USA.
    You're painting the States with quite a broad brush there, aren't you? The States (as a whole) is a very safe place to live - very much so.

thunderous
    Update your status

This is what you said...

You clearly thought I was leaving to avoid taxes, hence, you are fukkin illiterate.

Do you even have a college education?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Do you even have a college education?
    An illiterate asshole like you is asking me if I have a college education? Do you have a high school diploma?

thunderous
    Update your status

An illiterate asshole like you is asking me if I have a college education? Do you have a high school diploma?

So I am assuming you are.....okay mr Educated big shot let me tell you that the education you received is in part funded by the tax payers money. So stop bitching about taxes and be thankful that this tax system let you go to school and then college and helps you every fukking day of your life. Contribute to the society don't fukking think of running away like a pussy.....you are a traitor. End of story

Bye Bye have a nice life in whichever part of the world you wish to go you pussy.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave thunderous 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't get this. If I get pulled over by traffic police while stateless, then legally, I am not bound or subject to their laws or anyone else's.

Right?
    oh jesus for the love of god

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

So I am assuming you are.....okay mr Educated big shot let me tell you that the education you received is in part funded by the tax payers money. So stop bitching about taxes and be thankful that this tax system let you go to school and then college and helps you every fukking day of your life. Contribute to the society don't fukking think of running away like a pussy.....you are a traitor. End of story

Bye Bye have a nice life in whichever part of the world you wish to go you pussy.
    This thread isn't about taxes. I never brought taxes up. Stop making it an issue when it's not.

You stupid fukk.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Were you just in the village for this 4 day festival? Are you sure the other 361 days in the year there aren't complete hell?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Were you just in the village for this 4 day festival? Are you sure the other 361 days in the year there aren't complete hell?
    Yes, I was in the village for the 4 days I was there. It has everything I need and lacks nothing. It's basically my personal paradise.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

This thread just needed to be bumped.

Take note.

Philly never answered the question about what he does for a living. Why? Because he receives Social Security. That's right-- Mr. Freedom Seeker is reduced to earning his way in life-- via the United States Government Teet.

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

philly, are you stiil stateside, pal?

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by nate turner View Post
    what you should do is stick a pistol in your mouth and do the lords work.
    lmao

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I hope this fn tool was roasted alive by cannibals and eaten and quickly shitted out

nate turner
    Update your status
    nate turner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boys, I have an opportunity to live abroad. Everything I need will be there. Thinking about making the move permanent and giving up my US citizenship.

The way I see it, I'll actually be taxed less and have more personal freedoms like being able to gamble freely online. Hell, we aren't even allowed to smoke Cubans here in the States. Where the fukk is the freedom?

Plus, I won't get my taxes raised to support Shaniqua and her 20 kids with 15 different men.

What are the benfits and ramifications of doing this? Can I still come back to visit?

What do you say SBR?
    SUBSCRIBE NOWto get home delivery

Report: More than half of immigrants on welfare

Alan Gomez, USA TODAY Published 12:08 a.m. ET Sept. 2, 2015 | Updated 7:21 p.m. ET Sept. 2, 2015
    According to a study by the Center for Immigration Studies, a majority of immigrant-led households receive some form of welfare benefit. USA TODAY

(Photo: Davis Turner, Bloomberg)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 38 COMMENTEMAILMORE

More than half of the nation's immigrants receive some kind of government welfare, a figure that's far higher than the native-born population's, according to a report to be released Wednesday.
    About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration.
    Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.
    The findings are sure to fuel debate on the presidential campaign trail as Republican candidates focus on changing the nation's immigration laws, from calls for mass deportations to ending birthright citizenship.
    Steven Camarota, director of research at the center and author of the report, said that's a much-needed conversation to make the country's immigration system more "selective."
    "This should not be understood as some kind of defect or moral failing on the part of immigrants," Camarota said about the findings. "Rather, what it represents is a system that allows a lot of less-educated immigrants to settle in the country, who then earn modest wages and are eligible for a very generous welfare system."
    Voices: Empty words about birthright citizenship

Linda Chavez agrees with Camarota that the country's welfare system is too large and too costly. But Chavez, a self-professed conservative who worked in President Reagan's administration, said it's irresponsible to say immigrants are taking advantage of the country's welfare system any more than native-born Americans.
    Chavez said today's immigrants, like all other immigrant waves in the country's history, start off poorer and have lower levels of education, making it unfair to compare their welfare use to the long-established native-born population. She said immigrants have larger households, making it more likely that one person in that household will receive some kind of welfare benefit. And she said many benefits counted in the study are going to U.S.-born children of immigrants, skewing the findings even more.
    "When you take all of those issues into account, (the report) is less worrisome," she said.
    Chavez, president of the Becoming American Institute, a conservative group that advocates for higher levels of legal immigration to reduce illegal immigration, said politicians should be careful about using the data. Rather than focus on the fact that immigrants are initially more dependent on welfare than the U.S.-born, she said they should focus on studies that show what happens to the children of those immigrants.
    "These kids who get subsidized school lunches today will go on to graduate high school ... will go on to college and move up to the middle class of America," Chavez said. "Every time we have a nativist backlash in our history, we forget that we see immigrants change very rapidly in the second generation."
    Much of Trump immigration plan not 'radical' in GOP circles

The center's report is based on 2012 data from the Census Bureau's Survey of Income and Program Participation. It includes immigrants who have become naturalized citizens, legal permanent residents, those on short-term visas and undocumented immigrants.
    Camarota said one of the most shocking findings from the report was the high number of native-born Americans also on welfare. About 76% of immigrant households with children are on welfare, but so are 52% of native-born households with children.
    "Most people have a sense that if you were to work for $10 an hour, 40 hours a week, you couldn't be receiving welfare, could you? You couldn't be living in public housing, could you?" he said. "The answer is yes, you can. That's one of the most surprising things about this study."
    Other findings in the report:

• Immigrants are more likely to be working than their native-born neighbors. The report found that 87% of immigrant households had at least one worker, compared to 76% for native households.
    • The majority of immigrants using welfare come from Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean. The use of welfare is lower for immigrants from East Asia (32%), Europe (26%) and South Asia (17%).
    • Immigrants who have been in the U.S. more than 20 years use welfare less often, but their rates remain higher than native-born households.

Guess he would hate this story.......lmao

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

most people giving up their us citizenship usually do this first off, ordering one of these:

you don't seem to fit that mold.....

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    most people giving up their us citizenship usually do this first off, ordering one of these:

you don't seem to fit that mold.....

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

Boys, I have an opportunity to live abroad. Everything I need will be there. Thinking about making the move permanent and giving up my US citizenship.

The way I see it, I'll actually be taxed less and have more personal freedoms like being able to gamble freely online. Hell, we aren't even allowed to smoke Cubans here in the States. Where the fukk is the freedom?

Plus, I won't get my taxes raised to support Shaniqua and her 20 kids with 15 different men.

What are the benfits and ramifications of doing this? Can I still come back to visit?

What do you say SBR?
    you have to first obtain another citizenship before you renounce, because being a citizenship-less person can become hell in case of any emergency or so.
    As for US citizenship - I know 2 people in Canada who had renounced it and said - they saved so much money not just on US worldwide tax, but on accounting fees, as they are able to do local taxes themselves and US accountant cost them few thousand bucks a year.
    So if you never plan going back - I see no reason why you need US passport, there is even no such thing as retirement pension in the US, is there?

First 12