TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Number of U.S. expatriations reaches record high In 2013

Obama: Jam it up your loose azz

Apparently for some U.S. citizens it's true—you can't go home again!

The Treasury Department published the names of 560 Americans who renounced their citizenship or are long-term residents who gave back their green cards during the third quarter of 2013, The Wall Street Journal reported.

According to tax lawyer Andrew Mitchel who tracks the data, these expatriation s reached a record high of 2,369 for the year. The prior highest number of published expatriates was in 2011, said Mitchel.

(Read more: Is it tough to land a Singapore expat job?)
    How's this for a parting gift? Taxpayers who renounce their citizenship or turn in their green card can be subject to an exit tax. People who renounced last year might have avoided higher taxes on income and estates—including those on long-term capital gains—which took effect in 2013.

"The reality is that the U.S. tax system gives dual citizens a good reason to walk away from their U.S. citizenship or permanent-resident status," said Jeffrey Neiman, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. "It's a painful process but easier than staying in compliance with the law."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101195604

TheRifleman

In exchange for payment of taxes American citizenship used to afford the holders with certain unalienable rights such as protection from illegal search and seizures, illegal detention, torture, drone strikes etc. etc. ...

It's become slightly less attractive now that the former benefits have been stripped and you are just left paying the taxes...

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

What about record deportations?

15 million people here illegally and O is just talking about changing the rules to let them stay.

TheRifleman

In America, there are three types of "citizens".

1-The smart-n-savvy people who hire sociopaths (aka politicians) to create believable-bullshit for the dumbasses.

2- The dumbasses, who turn the bullshit into soothing self-delusion.

and

3- The sociopaths who deliver their dumb-asses to the smart-n-savvy people who feast off of them.

Very simple.
    Points Awarded:

PAULYPOKER gave TheRifleman 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

TheRifleman

Although I am a strong advocate of individual liberty (and all of the consequences, good and bad, of doing so), there is a deeper and more sinister agenda at play in America ( and the world for that matter)

For decades there has been concerted effort to incrementally restrict defining 'right vs. wrong' (i.e. morality). This attack on conservative values is simultaneous with the attacks on our monetary system, economic system, civil liberties and vast expansion of government.

Every fabric of what America and its Constitution used to be must be destroyed so that a Unified Global Government vision can come to fruition. Obama is a huge link in that attack, and so might The George Bush's.

The Bottomline is that the average person FUCCKED.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Americans began leaving the US when Bush was in office. The word has spread that there is a beautiful world out there beyond the US borders rife with possibilities. Now Americans are leaving at record pace. Not because of Obama, but because the cost of living abroad has now offset the benefits of staying here for many.

I would not hesitate to move to parts of Mexico, brazil, Honduras. Belize, CR or Argentina, if I were older and needed affordable and quality healthcare. Right now, thats not my priority. I'll have to make those decisions one day.

I'm pretty much guaranteed employment in most nordic countries, I may move there for my final productive years and enjoy the benefits of the best healthcare system in the world during retirement.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Not because of Obama, but because the cost of living abroad has now offset the benefits of staying here for many.
    Did it ever occur to you that part of that might be 5 years of President Hussein?

They are dumping 85 billion into the system every month, that is a trillion dollars per year to go along with our 17 trillion in debt and our trillion dollar deficits. Even if the deficit is only 500 billion, do you remember when Bush ran 500 billion dollar deficits and we thought that number was so outrageously large?

Obama isn't letting the system reset. The result is higher prices and a much weaker economy.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    What about record deportations?

15 million people here illegally and O is just talking about changing the rules to let them stay.
    In a few weeks, the number of undocumented immigrants deported since the President took office will surpass 2 million.
    That’s right. Two million people thrown out of our country in less than five years. That’s more than under any other President.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1476073

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Did it ever occur to you that part of that might be 5 years of President Hussein?

They are dumping 85 billion into the system every month, that is a trillion dollars per year to go along with our 17 trillion in debt and our trillion dollar deficits. Even if the deficit is only 500 billion, do you remember when Bush ran 500 billion dollar deficits and we thought that number was so outrageously large?

Obama isn't letting the system reset. The result is higher prices and a much weaker economy.
    Yes, I actually did. My rationale was that Obama is no more directly responsible for it than Bush. Amazing logic, eh?

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Exactly. Defer, defer, defer...