The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

My brother went to the Dentist last week and they quoted him 10k for some dental work. Now he's looking at going to Mexico.

Ive heard mixed reviews. Just curious if anyone here has ever done it and if so , where'd you go?

What are your thoughts on this?

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I'd go. Haven't myself, just need to do meticulous research. If the Doc went to an accredited school here in the states I'd sure as hell pay the $1500 instead of the 10k. Got to think some smart guys make their way south, they probably make more profit from the $1500 they'd charge down there than the thousands more here.

The Kraken

Salooned in less than a minute

Bobby must be on duty

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

10K??? What the hell does he need done....

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

don't try to cut corners when it comes down to your health

just picture the situation if something goes wrong after this procedure...what is he gonna do? go back to Mexico to fix it?

The Kraken

Byron, im not sure. Maybe an implant. Ive becer noticed him having bad or messed up teeth. Im reading some stuff on google and theres multiple people saying their dental bill here was going to be 30k-50k. Sounds unreasonable.

The name of the town he's looking into is Los Algodones.

I may go with him and get braces.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I've had insurance issues for years. Now I have dental problems.

Let me know how this goes.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

not even lying i honeslty went to doctor vidal in tijuana to get my wisdom teeth pulled 2 years ago

good guy, his wife works the front desk. very sanitary. about 85% cheaper than usa

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave TonyTall 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts gave TonyTall 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

peppermillrick
    peppermillrick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Yes, I went there for my "special" operation, I thought they did a wonderful job!

The Kraken

From reading, Ive come actoss two towns, nuevo progresso and los algodones. Lots of dentists in both towns. More reading.

Wheres Mayan? I need his input. Would you go to Mexico for dental or medical care?

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    not even lying i honeslty went to doctor vidal in tijuana to get my wisdom teeth pulled 2 years ago

good guy, his wife works the front desk. very sanitary. about 85% cheaper than usa
    How much did that cost you down there?
    I need mine taken out.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    My brother went to the Dentist last week and they quoted him 10k for some dental work. Now he's looking at going to Mexico.

Ive heard mixed reviews. Just curious if anyone here has ever done it and if so , where'd you go?

What are your thoughts on this?
    i would be scared. what about canada?

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

benny $700 for 2 wisdom teeth. i think i was quoted at $3,500 in boston

the doctor lives in san diego and commutes. speaks perfect english of course

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i would be scared. what about canada?
    Most if not all of your foreign doctors got their degree from some third world country. They came to America to make the big money.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My entire life I was led to believe that you are supposed to avoid going to Mexico for medical care.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

go to a dental college and send me pts later

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My entire life I was led to believe that you are supposed to avoid going to Mexico for medical care.
    I wouldn't go for major surgery in Mexico or cosmetic surgery, because better to be safe than sorry. Dental, minor procedures, and routine procedures such as X-Rays, Cat scans and evaluations are fine.

If you think your foreign doctor from Nigeria, Thailand, or Philippines who got certified in America (took a test, paid a lot of money to get his license and transcripts translated and approved) is any better good for you.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

3.5k, 10k, 30k!!
    lol thats funny. Even private places in UK cost something like £80 for white fillings,£70 for tooth removal, £600 for root canal.
    Im stunned, 3.5k to have wisdom teeth removed, thats ridic.

Prices from Kensington dental spa..
    http://www.kensingtondental.com/fees/

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    3.5k, 10k, 30k!!
    lol thats funny. Even private places in UK cost something like £80 for white fillings,£70 for tooth removal, £600 for root canal.
    It is hundreds of thousands of dollars to become a dentist in the US so they charge ridiculous prices unless somehow you have great insurance. About 10 years ago my Wisdom teeth were $1300 plus whatever insurance paid wasn't even done good too. Fillings are cheap and anything to do with root canel, tooth removal, or any major in plant are thousands of dollars with no dental insurance. HOLY S*!T!!! For that incisor crap I paid about $1500 insurance covered half (Out of pocket about $750), only 300 pounds in the UK. No joke I just had that done like a year ago.

Dental insurance here is usually garbage.

Health costs are more ridiculous than that. If you don't have health insurance for a hospitalization $30,000 (now almost everyone will either have private insurance, medicaid, or medicare).

HOW CAN ANYONE LOVE THEIR DOCTOR OR DENTIST WHEN THEY F*CK YOU OVER!!!.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-17-13 at 05:46 PM.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Even $700 in Mexico for 2 wisdom teeth removed to HUGE amount
    jesus

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

3.5k, 10k, 30k!!

Prices from Kensington dental spa..
    http://www.kensingtondental.com/fees/
    dude I went to get one filling done in States two weeks ago before I left for Russia - fukking $1300 cash
    had all 4 wisdom teeth removed about 4 years ago - $6G's

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Wisdom teeth removal free here if you go to hospital.
    for all 4 out privately probably £200-400.
    Those prices would result in riots here.
    People are complaining they cant get NHS dentists which are half of what is quoted above. Like £250 tops, root canal and porcelain crown lol.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Wisdom teeth removal free here if you go to hospital.
    for all 4 out privately probably £200-400.
    Those prices would result in riots here.
    People are complaining they cant get NHS dentists which are half of what is quoted above. Like £250 tops, root canal and porcelain crown lol.
    Rates in the UK (US dollar conversions)

Wisdom teeth removal (4) - $320-$500
    Root canal - $400 tops
    All cosmetic dentistry - $60,000 and up

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    dude I went to get one filling done in States two weeks ago before I left for Russia - fukking $1300 cash
    had all 4 wisdom teeth removed about 4 years ago - $6G's
    You got ripped off. I have never heard of anyone in the US paying $6,000 for Wisdom Teeth removed or $1300 for a filling.

Also I had 5 teeth removed when I had mine done had a extra tooth in my mouth with my Wisdom teeth. $1300 and my dental insurance covered the rest which I believe was a $1000.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

What you mean by all cosmetic 60k and up?
    Veneers around 400 per tooth. Implants 500-1k per tooth. But you guys are talking of things you need doing....like a filling for 1.3k.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    You got ripped off. I have never heard of anyone in the US paying $6,000 for Wisdom Teeth removed or $1300 for a filling.

Also I had 5 teeth removed when I had mine done had a extra tooth in my mouth with my Wisdom teeth. $1300 and my dental insurance covered the rest which I believe was a $1000.
    I know what I'm paying for- I go to the best docs in Stanford...and No I didn't get rip off

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Yes, only for some juice and ketmina

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I know what I'm paying for- I go to the best docs in Stanford...and No I didn't get rip off

Well, maybe you did get ripped off if you went to the best doc in Stanford. Usually when you seek the best doc wherever you will be getting ripped off. We aren't talking life or death here, we're talking wisdom teeth.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Well, maybe you did get ripped off if you went to the best doc in Stanford. Usually when you seek the best doc wherever you will be getting ripped off. We aren't talking life or death here, we're talking wisdom teeth.

DoYouNotGetIT

Now I know you're lying no way in hell if you think I believe the best dentist in the US would charge $1,300 a filling. Nobody would check out multiple dentists to find the best one and then allow them to screw you for $1,300. Not plausible.

Also let me have the name and office number of that dentist. I would love to call them to do business and see how much they charge for a filling.

The Kraken

Id rather go to Mexico and let a real dentist work on me that a dental student and some retired dentist that hasn't practiced in 10 years work on me. Just my thoughts.

Ive read a bit more into it I think Mexico is a legit destination for quality dental work. There are sites dedicated to reviews of dentist in Mexico. Some have 100's of reviews, almost all positive. I may look into getting braces down there if my brother decides to do it.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouNotGetIT View Post
    Now I know you're lying no way in hell if you think I believe the best dentist in the US would charge $1,300 a filling. Nobody would check out multiple dentists to find the best one and then allow them to screw you for $1,300. Not plausible.

Also let me have the name and office number of that dentist. I would love to call them to do business and see how much they charge for a filling.
    broke attention hoe

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Id rather go to Mexico and let a real dentist work on me that a dental student and some retired dentist that hasn't practiced in 10 years work on me. Just my thoughts.

Ive read a bit more into it I think Mexico is a legit destination for quality dental work. There are sites dedicated to reviews of dentist in Mexico. Some have 100's of reviews, almost all positive. I may look into getting braces down there if my brother decides to do it.
    Got to live close to the border, because you have to go back to the orthodontist for braces. I remember when I was a kid you had to go back to the dentist every few months, but may be with Invasiline it is different. At the end you had to go back monthly.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-18-13 at 02:03 AM.

The Kraken

Thx. I did not know that. Seeing as I don't live anywhere near any border, not even our state border, Ill go see a dentist here and get a quote.

12 Last