SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

HTC, Iphone or Samsung?

So my Iphone 5 got stolen a couple of days ago. What should be my next phone?

Is android better than IOS?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I have an HTC, like it, find it easy to use and stable over 2 years on same handset. Have not come across any apps I want that only work on iphone and not in Android store.

the few times a friend has handed me their iPhone to use I found it less intuitive, but its probably just what you are used to.

I'd just pick whatever phone i liked best, or the best deal, and not care about what operating system it runs personally.

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I have an HTC, like it, find it easy to use and stable over 2 years on same handset. Have not come across any apps I want that only work on iphone and not in Android store.

the few times a friend has handed me their iPhone to use I found it less intuitive, but its probably just what you are used to.

I'd just pick whatever phone i liked best, or the best deal, and not care about what operating system it runs personally.
    Thanks man. Im probably going to buy the HTC one mini for €500. I had too many problems with my Iphone 5 and I dont want to spend 700 + euros on antoher smartphone.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Stick to the iphone. They have the iphone 5c and iPhone 5s being released within the next week I believe.And the new iOS is coming out for the rest of iphone users on sept 18th.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iphone 5c is only 100usd with a new contract or update and iphone 5s is $200 with a new contract or update. Not sure if you're due for one or not. Also did you check with your phone carrier about what to do if your phone is stolen. I think they can track it. I know I can track mine if I lose it or it's stolen. They have a free app called find iphone. You can locate it using any computer or someone else's phone

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Iphone dominates all.

Bigger is NOT better in this situation.

I bought the Samsung S4 like 4 months ago and returned it in 24 hours.
    Iphone is WAY easier and convenient to navigate.

If you text a lot the Iphone is what you need.
    Those other smartphones are way too big to one-hand your phone if that makes sense.

I'll probly be an Iphone guy for life now after exploring other phones and never wanting them more than a couple days.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Thanks man. Im probably going to buy the HTC one mini for €500. I had too many problems with my Iphone 5 and I dont want to spend 700 + euros on antoher smartphone.
    I really like the look of that too. Biggest downside of my HTC Incredible S for me is the rear speaker. I like to use the handsfree at my desk and you either cant hear or the other party cant hear you depending which side you lay it down on.

Everything else about it, including speed, is still fine even though 3 models old now. Well it was until I dropped it face down on concrete the other day and it went sliding off for about 15 feet. It put chips all around the bezel but the screen is fine still.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Very little differnce in functionality so likely stick with what you are comfortable with. Personally I like android and specifically Samsung.

SharpBoxing

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Iphone 5c is only 100usd with a new contract or update and iphone 5s is $200 with a new contract or update. Not sure if you're due for one or not. Also did you check with your phone carrier about what to do if your phone is stolen. I think they can track it. I know I can track mine if I lose it or it's stolen. They have a free app called find iphone. You can locate it using any computer or someone else's phone
    I live in Belgium we dont have an option to buy our phone with a contract. A new Iphone will cost at least €700.

I already went to the cops, they cant track it. And the find Iphone app doesnt work when the phone is shutdown.

Im gonna wait till HTC one mini and the Iphone 5S are released here then make up my mind

SharpBoxing

Anyone have experience with Huawei smartphones btw?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

iPhone 5 hands down

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Anyone have experience with Huawei smartphones btw?
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/18/45...-investigation

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!

Galaxy hands down. Getting used to the size but its amazing

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

will be getting the 5S as soon as it comes out can't wait

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Nexus 4 is sharp. I do like the size of the Iphone 5...Some of those phones are too big.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I used to have an Iphone, but I switched to Samsung. Some apps are better quality on Iphone, but Samsung is better is every other aspect. Watching movies and sports is better on the galaxy, and I hate ITunes.

SharpBoxing

Ive decided to go with the HTC one mini. Hope its worth the money