dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Google benzo withdrawal symptoms and believe all of em.

Stay away.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13605

Quote Originally Posted by ADR51 View Post
    Take two of them in the morning, two at lunch with a couple of beers and two at night with a glass of scotch!
    This with a bit of relativity. Wasted at night.

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

if u take sticks only take a 3rd of one n u pass right out ifu have no tolerance. DO NOT DRINK ON THEM. even on a little piece of a xanax if u drink u will black the fuk out and wake up on friday thinking its still tuesday.

really not even worth it...ur better off gettin some ambien or lunesta or some shit to sleep.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by joco View Post
    if u take sticks only take a 3rd of one n u pass right out ifu have no tolerance. DO NOT DRINK ON THEM. even on a little piece of a xanax if u drink u will black the fuk out and wake up on friday thinking its still tuesday.

really not even worth it...ur better off gettin some ambien or lunesta or some shit to sleep.
    sticks are 2mg. they guy has said over and over he has .25 but yea you can not drink on xanax you will black out and do some of dumbest shit you could ever imagine.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

You'll be fine for a while. Just make sure you're not taking them recreationally throughout the day. You'll develop a tolerance much faster and the cycle is accelerated.

Eventually one way or the other, you'll require 0.5mg to sleep. Then 0.75-1.0mg to sleep. Then you're taking 1mg twice daily because you're having withdraw symptoms throughout the day.

And before you know it, you're addicted. Then you're on here telling the next guy that starts a thread like this what you've learned and your experiences, hoping he'll heed the warning but knowing deep down he won't.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    You'll be fine for a while. Just make sure you're not taking them recreationally throughout the day. You'll develop a tolerance much faster and the cycle is accelerated.

Eventually one way or the other, you'll require 0.5mg to sleep. Then 0.75-1.0mg to sleep. Then you're taking 1mg twice daily because you're having withdraw symptoms throughout the day.

And before you know it, you're addicted. Then you're on here telling the next guy that starts a thread like this what you've learned and your experiences, hoping he'll heed the warning but knowing deep down he won't.
    you only catch withdrawal if you go with out. you don't really build a tolerance to xanax unless you abuse. if he take it as prescribed he'll be fine.

the question is will he abuse it or not.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

have been taking benzos off and on never got addicted. if you have anxiety issues and pop them thru the day you could i guess get addicted. but if you just take them at night to sleep you should be fine. a small dose will just settle your nervous system/hearrate. best if you could just take it before work nights and then force yourself to go without it on weekends

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie;1945718[B
    4]you only catch withdrawal if you go with out.[/B] you don't really build a tolerance to xanax unless you abuse. if he take it as prescribed he'll be fine.

the question is will he abuse it or not.
    Sorry wager but both of those are incorrect. Well to be exact, you're first statement is just vague. Going without is relative. You certainly can have both physical and mental WD symptoms throughout the day, even if you've had your dose the night before. The peak around 24-48 hours of going without but to a lesser extent they can certainly be present in much shorter time frames.

Everyone builds up a tolerance to benzo's/opiates etc if they take it regularly, which he is planning on doing ie nightly..., regardless of whether you abuse it or not. Abusing it only speeds up the process. 0.25mg to sleep every night will build up a tolerance just like taking a 5mg Lortab every night will build a tolerance. It just happens.

I don't know him but he's on a gambling site, so odds are he has an addictive personality to some degree. So if I had to wager, he will abuse it.

Just like the rest of us.

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

one of the few drugs i will take. after a few days of not sleeping with my mind racing, they are a miracle. i will sleep like 12 hours and feel renewed. .25 isnt very strong and a few times a week to catch up on sleep is fine. never felt withdrawal when i run out and i do have an addictive personality but i do have a strong anti pill mentality. good luck

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Hey if .25 works then that's great. Xanax is a awesome sleeping aid. I took it plenty of times and trust me slept like a baby, even woke up crying. Seriously, its the best sleep aid there is.

wagerjunkie

Sorry wager but both of those are incorrect. Well to be exact, you're first statement is just vague. Going without is relative. You certainly can have both physical and mental WD symptoms throughout the day, even if you've had your dose the night before. The peak around 24-48 hours of going without but to a lesser extent they can certainly be present in much shorter time frames.

Everyone builds up a tolerance to benzo's/opiates etc if they take it regularly, which he is planning on doing ie nightly..., regardless of whether you abuse it or not. Abusing it only speeds up the process. 0.25mg to sleep every night will build up a tolerance just like taking a 5mg Lortab every night will build a tolerance. It just happens.

I don't know him but he's on a gambling site, so odds are he has an addictive personality to some degree. So if I had to wager, he will abuse it.

Just like the rest of us.
    i dont know man. i am speaking from experience. i have been on xanax for 3 years. 2mg in the morning whenever i start feeling panicky or jittery or my mind starts racing IE panic attack and 2mg at night right before bed. and I never go through withdrawal and my tolerance is fine. i've been on this dose for almost all 3 years. and yes i know its a high dose and i'll prob be on it for life.

i dont have bars tho, 1 ** footballs. so if there was ever a case for a person to abuse them it would be me cause i have so many pills but i don't, i just take them as prescribe or when needed and I'm good.

I suppose that's rare tho.

The Kraken

Everyone is different and most everyone starts at 0.25mg and develop a tolerance and work up from there. I have a somewhat unique perspective as I've worked as an RN in an ER, for a Pain management team of doctors and like yourself from personal experience.

The sad thing is the amount of old people hooked on it and opiates. I've seen 75 year old women begging for a fix. Shaking, heart rate 120's and literally begging for a new prescription. Saw an older man rip up a prescription for 60 Xanax and 60 7.5mg Lortab because he wanted 120 of each at higher dosages, said that amount wouldn't do shit for him. He came back the next day asking for the script we denied him. I'm sure he had a tough couple weeks readjusting to life without his happy pills.

wagerjunkie

Everyone is different and most everyone starts at 0.25mg and develop a tolerance and work up from there. I have a somewhat unique perspective as I've worked as an RN in an ER, for a Pain management team of doctors and like yourself from personal experience.

The sad thing is the amount of old people hooked on it and opiates. I've seen 75 year old women begging for a fix. Shaking, heart rate 120's and literally begging for a new prescription. Saw an older man rip up a prescription for 60 Xanax and 60 7.5mg Lortab because he wanted 120 of each at higher dosages, said that amount wouldn't do shit for him. He came back the next day asking for the script we denied him. I'm sure he had a tough couple weeks readjusting to life without his happy pills.

I believe that!

the sad thing is though all you have to do is go to another doctor with your history and they are pretty much obliged to prescribe you a new script if you are in benzo withdrawal cause you can literally seize and die from it. but they gotta have your legit file history.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

It'll definitely help you fall asleep....

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

been sleeping great so far the past few days. wish I had gotten it earlier

wagerjunkie

just take it as prescribed and don't abuse it and you'll be fine. don't let it play mind games with you and think "oh I'm growing a tolerance, I can't sleep anymore I need a higher dosage" just cause you heard that on here.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    and I agree with whoever said, if you don't have authorization to automatic refills. stay away man. you are in for a world of hurt. once youre on xanax, youre pretty much on it for life.

but hey, if you need it and it WORKS for you and improves your quality of life IE getting your sleep. then WTH?
    it help with panick attack and the are good for sleep, 25 milligram if it help why not,,

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

slippery slope. try some exercise before you go the pill route. maybe working out harder during the day will help you fall asleep without the need of a sleep aid at night. Never drink on xanax. I know a feel people who have died this way. I also know a ton of people who have drank on xanax and have not died. Everyone is different. Not worth the risk imo though

First 12