PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

US spying targets ‘activists’

The US government’s spying programs have not been used to improve Americans’ life but to attack activists “trying to do that”, says Randy Short, an American human rights activist.

In a phone interview with Press TV on Sunday, Short said “if the US government has been spying on all our calls”, US officials should know everything about “the drug launderers, they know about the drug dealers, they know about the racists, [and] they know about police brutality.”

However, he said, US officials have been unwilling to “improve the quality of life for the American people while attacking activists who are actually trying to do that.”

On Friday, Obama called on Congress to reform Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which allows the National Security Agency to collect phone records of American citizens.

“I don’t believe anything until I see it happen. And, how would we know? Who would be watching to ensure that the NSA or any other spying agency will stop?” said Short.
    A few days after Obama called for the reform, the former director of the NSA, Gen. Michael Hayden, indicated that the US spy agency would even act more aggressively.

Hayden said on Sunday that the NSA would want to use an advanced algorithm to sieve through the vast amount of data it had collected on the American people.

Such an algorithm would enable NSA operatives, for example, to read the email of every American citizen.

link to audio of this interview:

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Pauly we need winners...not kookie articles......give me a baseball winner for today

PAULYPOKER

MIAMI ALVAREZ +190

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

i like posts like these. it will probably get salooned soon like the rest of my kookie ones too. and ya the spying isnt anything new. just the public knowledge of it is. it funny how we feel like we have privacy until someone with somewhat credibility says we dont. makes me a little worried about posting my tttaaxxxx free income, but i dont make enough for it to be worth their while imo. (and yes i fcked up that word just incase the algorithms are looking lol)

PAULYPOKER

Ex-NSA chief: US spying will get worse

Former director of the US National Security Agency, Gen. Michael Hayden,

The former director of the US National Security Agency, Gen. Michael Hayden, has indicated the spy agency would want to use its databases in more aggressive ways.

Hayden told CBS’ Face The Nation on Sunday that the NSA would want to use an advanced algorithm to sieve through the vast amount of data it had collected on the American people.

Such an algorithm would enable NSA operatives, for example, to read the email of every American citizen.

Earlier in June, in the wake of the revelations about the NSA’s spying programs, Hayden, who presided over the creation of a secret surveillance program, also said that the US spying program expanded under the presidency of Barack Obama.

Meanwhile, the Guardian reported on Friday that a top-secret document provided by former NSA contractor turned whistleblower Edward Snowden shows that a legal authority enables NSA operatives to search for Americans’ email and phone calls without a warrant.

The newly disclosed document reveals for the first time that the NSA is legally authorized to sieve through its databases in search for specific American individuals’ communications using their names or other “identifiers”.

The Guardian explained that the term “identifier” may refer to an individual’s name, telephone number, email address, or IP address and username.

This comes as on Friday, Obama called on Congress to reform Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which allows the NSA to collect phone records of American citizens.

Meanwhile, on NBC’s Tonight Show on Tuesday, Obama denied that the White House has “a domestic spying program” and described NSA’s spying programs as “useful” mechanisms that “can track a phone number or an e-mail address that is connected to a terrorist attack.”

PAULYPOKER

Obama ‘lied’ about NSA programs

President Barack Obama and some US senators have “lied” and have been “lied to” about the massive surveillance programs by the National Security Agency (NSA), says an American journalist.

“He (Obama) has lied, he has denied that NSA engages in domestic spying and somehow a number of the members of the US Senate,” Rob Kall, executive editor of OpEdNews.com, told Press on Sunday.

“It’s clear that Obama has been forced to respond to… the spying program and NSA program and the program that he has expanded using the Patriot Act and Homeland Security,” he added.

On Friday, Obama said he would ask Congress to narrow and improve oversight of Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which permits the government to collect phone records, after Edward Snowden, a former NSA contractor, leaked secrete information about the spying programs.

Kall said Obama will not roll back the surveillance programs in the US. “Obama will improve surveillance measures and that means expand them. I just do not believe that he will really push any executive powers.”

During a congressional hearing in March, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said that the NSA did not collect data on millions of Americans; a response he later said was “clearly erroneous.”

“Clapper should be fired, Obama should fire him,” Kall said.

Snowden revealed to news media that the NSA collects phone records and email communications of Americans and foreign nationals. He is wanted in the US for charges of espionage and theft of government property.

He arrived in Russia from Hong Kong on June 23 and remained in the transit zone of Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport for more than one month before being granted temporary asylum on August 1.

ItsMeMrMattE

you seem to have just stumbled upon this info recently Pauly. heres a good one for you.

PAULYPOKER

No,,,

I just love to shove truth down dumbed down America's throats.....

ItsMeMrMattE

told you. salooneddd