itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Anybody checked out this new series Ray Donovan?

Nice cast of characters and shaping up to be pretty good a couple of episodes in. Had no idea what it was but came home the other night and it was on and I got sucked into it....set the DVR to check it out from the pilot on Showtime.

It's had violence, athletes, dead hookers in hotel beds and stalkers and some sex...that was just in the first 30 minutes

ticklz
    Tick L Me Elmo
    ticklz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

looks legit, ill watch it and report

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exec producer for Ray Donovan is indicted in the big sportsbetting/poker/russian mob ring that got taken down in NY a few months back. Its an 84 page indictment Brian Zuriff or something is his name. His bail was one million he is facing ten years. The indictment is online in a bunch of places. By reading it you can tell if he is in big big trouble ( extortion type charges to collect debts) or just big trouble ( the gambling type charges ). I read the indictment months ago because Justin Smith the poker player was indicted, he is not charged with the violent type charges

Feds take down high-stakes poker, sports booking ring favorited by A-list celebs, Wall Street fat cats - NY Daily News

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Exec producer for Ray Donovan is indicted in the big sportsbetting/poker/russian mob ring that got taken down in NY a few months back. Its an 84 page indictment Brian Zuriff or something is his name. His bail was one million he is facing ten years. The indictment is online in a bunch of places. By reading it you can tell if he is in big big trouble ( extortion type charges to collect debts) or just big trouble ( the gambling type charges ). I read the indictment months ago because Justin Smith the poker player was indicted, he is not charged with the violent type charges

Feds take down high-stakes poker, sports booking ring favorited by A-list celebs, Wall Street fat cats - NY Daily News
    The dude lives his work then

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

IP, I mentioned this the very first week it was on. I think it is going to be a hit too. Showtime and AMC have made quantum leaps in quality. IMO, these type shows are about one thousand times better than any of that shit not so much reality, reality shows. Most are scripted and stupid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle

James D

Only saw episonde one, have others recorded. So far i really like it. The show has a sopranos like feel in the sense that the show depicts these type of people not only living the life of shoot outs car chases, and partying. It shows the real life's that everyone lives. The scene with his wife complaining about being stuck in calabasas and trying to get her kid juiced into a top high school was so spot on with the women in calabasas. Even the schools she named were accurate. Then when rays boss sh*ts on calabasas saying how "howie mandel and sinbad live there( they do but sinbad lost his big house to IRS if I recall correctly) " it was exactly how Beverly Hills/ bel air snobs feel about calabasas and the rest of the valley. It reminded me about the sopranos with Tony's loser sister and mom that as a real b**ch and all the other little minutiae that became great parts of the soprano landscape

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Most notable scene so far was when Joh Voight was talking to his grandson in the shoe store about dating....dropping some solid advice he learned in prison:

If one of your guy friends wants to give you a blowjob, thats fine, a mouth is a mouth....but don't EVER let anyone fukk you in the ass...thats how you get sick kid.

James D

Brian Zuriff producer of Ray Donovan pled guilty in the mob case mentioned earlier itt. Paid 500k fine and faces 5 years.

useless fact: his residence is the house in the movie knocked up

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

seen 2 of 4 episodes so far

might stick with it

just been getting behind on staying caught up on shows

bout to watch Dexter in a min

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4754

Started watching this in the last week. Up to episode 9 now. Quite a good series. When does the second season begin?