Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

Vegas flights/packages

Anyone know where to get cheap flight/package to Vegas?

Thanks

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

It depends where you live.The only cheap flight to Vegas out of central Iowa where I live is Allegiant and Southwest if it wasn't for those 2 airlines I probably would never fly.I can fly out of Des Moines and Cedar Rapids using Allegiant.I travel to Vegas and LA A Lot and I cant not find cheap flights on any other airline. I will use the flight to Vegas and drive over to LA it is cheaper to make the extra 3 hour drive then to spend anther 500 bucks to fly to Ontario or LAX. I miss America West I had great luck with them.If you have a Jet Blue at your airport which my friend does in LA OR Long Beach there good too

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I've found the cheapest package deals at bookit.com

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Greyhound

We'll see you in Vegas

Mr. Green

Thanks for everyones' responses. I'll check those out!! except for the hitch-hiking and greyhound...haha!
    Points Awarded:

tony_come gave Mr. Green 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
    Anyone know where to get cheap flight/package to Vegas?

Thanks
    When I lived in St. Louis in the 90's, travel agents had packages with hotel rooms that were very good deals, basically paying for the flight and getting the room for free. Now that I live in Vegas, I don't know if those are still being sold.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17903

No deals from St. Louis. Only Southwest flies direct anymore. Sucks!!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Bicycle or legs = +EV

Mr. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    When I lived in St. Louis in the 90's, travel agents had packages with hotel rooms that were very good deals, basically paying for the flight and getting the room for free. Now that I live in Vegas, I don't know if those are still being sold.
    That's what I remember as well. There used to be ads in the newspaper (before internet) where the flight was basically nothing and rooms free. Now, I can't find anything from Chicago to Vegas for 2 people for under $1000

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Usairways.com has some decent ones...

you pretty much end up paying full price for the flight but they throw in the hotel free

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I don't know if Southwest flies out from where you are at, but they are almost always the cheapest and fastest(direct flights). You have to book flights through them directly and not 3rd party sights.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

The best way to do it is to get Airfare from one website and hotel from the other. Get a red eye flight on the way back so you don't have to spend another night for a hotel. What I did is got airfare from Southwest and found the cheapest flights(could get $200 round trip from Dallas) and then went to Hotwire and got a hotel from there, the Hot Rates. If you don't know which hotel you are picking just ask me since I know which each Hotwire Hot Rate hotel is. I got 3 nights at the Tropicana from Hotwire for $38 a night.