irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Two questions about this zimmerman jury?

Question #1- What kind of a prosecution goes along with no blacks on the jury when the victim( in their mind) is black? Question # 2- Do any of these white women on the jury have black husbands ? Number two is a question no one even thought of. Food for thought.

poker6469
    poker6469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Question #1- What kind of a prosecution goes along with no blacks on the jury when the victim( in their mind) is black? Question # 2- Do any of these white women on the jury have black husbands ? Number two is a question no one even thought of. Food for thought.
    IF THEY DO HAVE BLACK HUSBAND ZIMMERMAN IS SCREWED.you have to admit race does play with everybody its in the blood the DNA,I THINK ZIMMERMAN IS INNOCINT.but if I were black, I would think Zimmerman is guilty .it would be in my blood and DNA.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

"

Q1. You can't strike a potential juror because of race. Jesus Christ. I can't believe you asked that. Juty duty solicitations are sent out, assigned random numbers and then called to court. The prosecution can't say "Nope, too many whites, we need a darkie".

Q2. What if one of the white women has an hispanic husband, does that mean Zimmerman walks? Why not look at that side of the coin?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's funny how blacks by default automatically believe Zimmerman is guilty. It's like they can't even think for themselves. At least whites are objective an open minded. You find whites on both sides of the spectrum but not blacks. This coming from a person who is neither white nor black.

Turd Ferguson
    Turd Ferguson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20463

The only person who needs to worry about having black husbands is Zimmerman.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CarpeDime, Let's Go Rangers, and TheGoldenGoose

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    "

Q1. You can't strike a potential juror because of race. Jesus Christ. I can't believe you asked that. Juty duty solicitations are sent out, assigned random numbers and then called to court. The prosecution can't say "Nope, too many whites, we need a darkie".

Q2. What if one of the white women has an hispanic husband, does that mean Zimmerman walks? Why not look at that side of the coin?
    You obviously don't understand jury selection done when jurors are questioned by the defense and prosecution. That is exactly what they did in the O.J. trial. The prosecution easily could've made sure at least one or more jurors were black. The answer to you 2nd comment is simple. If one of them has a hispanic husband that vote will definitely be a not guilty. If you can't see that than you are blind.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    The only person who needs to worry about having black husbands is Zimmerman.
    exactly because if some of them do, he is fukked

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

The prosecution only charged Zimmerman because of public pressure, so really I think they are putting up only a good enough effort to look good on tv.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

exactly because if some of them do, he is fukked
    it takes all 6 people to convict someone, so even if 1 woman wants a guilty verdict, she will have to convince the rest.

irish1
    Update your status

Hey Sam, I'm sorry for confusing you, I thought you knew what jury selection was? Again sorry!

irish1
    Update your status

Hey Man, this is all just food for thought, In this world anything is possible.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Guilty or not guilty

White or black

We should riot!!!!

SamDiamond

Hey Sam, I'm sorry for confusing you, I thought you knew what jury selection was? Again sorry!
    You're really a fuking dummy.

The prosecution gets 2 strikes for no reason whatsoever, if the first 15 potential jurors summoned are white...the jury will be white.

The fact that you are trying to compare Simpson's jury to this one makes me think you are posting from a group home.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Number two is a question no one even thought of. Food for thought.
    There are experts who do nothing but help teams pick their jury..but Irish1 was the first to ever think that race may come into play because of marriage.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    This coming from a person who is neither white nor black.
    And from a person who has spoken to every black and white person on earth apparently.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    There are experts who do nothing but help teams pick their jury..but Irish1 was the first to ever think that race may come into play because of marriage.
    Mul...you joke, but that tard actually believes it.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    You're really a fuking dummy.

The prosecution gets 2 strikes for no reason whatsoever, if the first 15 potential jurors summoned are white...the jury will be white.

The fact that you are trying to compare Simpson's jury to this one makes me think you are posting from a group home.
    Now you think you law expert. The Simpson jury was double the size(that's 12 so you understand) the racial composition was 9 blacks, 1 Hispanic and 2 whites. The point is not comparing O.J. 's sensationalism to this trial, its with 6 whites(non-blacks) out of 6 jurors is pretty stupid of the prosecution. The prosecution could have continued to find things wrong with jurors until they got a couple they were satisfied with like black.

irish1
    Update your status

Its called jury selection for a reason Samtard.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

And from a person who has spoken to every black and white person on earth apparently.
    Of course not smart ass! I think it's fairly obvious the consensus proves my argument. Your not really this dumb right?

irish1
    Update your status

Of course not smart ass! I think it's fairly obvious the consensus proves my argument. Your not really this dumb right?
    remember who your talking to muldoon and sam. the answer to your question mikail is yes he is.

irish1
    Update your status

got to go friday night will look into jury selection sam, later

muldoon

It's funny how blacks by default automatically believe Zimmerman is guilty. It's like they can't even think for themselves. At least whites are objective an open minded.
    Yup...you're not making sweeping generalizations at all.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

Last edited by TheGoldenGoose; 07-12-13 at 07:21 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Yup...you're not making sweeping generalizations at all.
    Yeah and I never said I wasn't. Whether or not you choose to aknowledge the overwhelming majority fits my description is your choice. Stay in the dark so as to be politically correct or whatever other nonsense the fools adhere to these days.

SamDiamond

Now you think you law expert. The Simpson jury was double the size(that's 12 so you understand) the racial composition was 9 blacks, 1 Hispanic and 2 whites. The point is not comparing O.J. 's sensationalism to this trial, its with 6 whites(non-blacks) out of 6 jurors is pretty stupid of the prosecution. The prosecution could have continued to find things wrong with jurors until they got a couple they were satisfied with like black.
    Irish, if you have children, punch them square in the face.

Because their DNA is so polluted with stupidity, the only chance they have is if you knock some fuking sense into them.

irish1
    Update your status

Hey shitthead I may be wrong on the number of strikes but I never claimed to be a lawyer. In a felony trial each side gets 10 strikes not 2, so in a murder trial I tend to believe they get more than 2. This article explains the felony trial but I am going to look for the number of strikes both sides would get in a murder trial. Jury Selection and Strikes for Cause

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Comments(5)

|

|

Print

Rick Casey had an article in Sunday’s print edition of the Chronicle outlining his recent experience with being a potential juror on a drug case in Harris County. I posted on why I think many of his assumptions about how Voir Dire works were wrong in this post on the other blog, but I did think it would be a good idea to explain how Strikes work in the jury selection process with this post.
    In a typical felony jury trial, a court will order 65 potential jurors to be brought to court for the process of jury selection. The Judge, the Prosecutor and the Defense attorney will pose questions to those jurors, and at the end of the process, hopefully there will be 12 jurors ready to hear the case.
    There are two types of ways a juror can wind up not being on a jury. He or she can either be struck for Cause, or be struck by a Peremptory Strike.
    A Peremptory Strike is one that can be used for virtually any reason at all. One of the lawyers may not like a potential juror’s level of enthusiasm. They may not like the potential juror’s hair, eye contact, fashion sense, etc. As long as a Peremptory Strike is not based on race, religion, or gender, etc., the striking attorney can use it however they see fit.
    In a Felony jury trial, each side gets 10 peremptory strikes a piece.
    Strikes for Cause are slightly more complicated. These are strikes made based on a potential juror stating that there is some aspect of the law that he or she can not or will not follow. For instance, a potential juror who states that they will hold it against the Defendant if he doesn’t testify will be struck for Cause based on his inability to honor the 5th Amendment Right against self-incrimination.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 03:45 PM. Reason: image does not exist

irish1
    Update your status

Jury selected in George Zimmerman murder trial

Zimmerman charged in death of Trayvon Martin

Published On: Jun 20 2013 02:33:42 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 20 2013 11:28:47 PM EDT

Jury seated in Zimmerman murder trial

SANFORD, Fla. -An all-women jury was selected Thursday in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial, which will begin on Monday with opening statements.
    [Chat recap with Tony Pipitone from the courtroom]
    Zimmerman is charged in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman, 29, has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense.
    The jurors, identified as B29, B76, B37, B51, E6 and E40, make up the primary six-member panel. At least five of the women are white. It is unclear from the jury selection process if the other juror is African American, Hispanic or both.
    The jury breakdown by race, age, marital status and occupation is as follows:

• B29: Minority (unknown) in her late 30s. Married. Nursing Assistant
    • B76: White woman in her 50s. Married. Unemployed
    • B37: White woman in her late 40s. Married. Works at chiropractor's office
    • B51: White woman in her 60s. Single. Retired but once worked in a call center overseeing 1,200 employees.
    • E6: White woman in her 30s-40s. Married. Stay-at-home mom.
    • E40: White woman in her 60s. Married. Safety Officer.

The four alternate jurors--two white men and two white women-- were identified as E54, E28, B72 and E13.
    The ten jurors, who will all be sequestered for the length of the trial, were selected after nearly 9 days of questioning.
    Judge Debra S. Nelson asked Zimmerman if he had opportunity to go over the jury questionnaires and that he consulted his attorneys. He said the jury was acceptable when asked by Nelson.
    "I can't begin to tell how much we all in this room appreciate your patience through this process," Nelson told the remainder of the 40 jurors that were being dismissed.
    The state used peremptory strikes on potential jurors B76, B86, E6, B12, E6 and B35. Two strikes were restored when the judge upheld the defense challenges of E6 and B76.
    B86 was struck after she told the court, "Trayvon Martin is expelled from school and if it hadn't been out there wouldn't have happened."
    The defense struck B7.
    Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, asked prosecutors to explain gender-neutral/race-neutral reasoning for using four consecutive strikes on white women. Judge Debra S. Nelson found the state's reasoning for striking B12 genuine, so the defense's challenge was denied.
    "Every strike of the past four were white women," O'Mara said, to which Nelson responded, "I understand that but the court also understands the makeup of this entire panel is a majority woman."
    The state said they attempted to strike juror E6 because of her concern about caring for kids and her saying that innocent people go to prison.
    The state wanted to strike B76 over her asking why Trayvon Martin was getting candy at night. Nelson ruled against the state's strikes.
    "She also mentioned at the very end of Mr. O'Mara's questioning that innocent people go to prison, she was the one that stated that, not Mr. O'Mara," Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda said.
    But O'Mara persuaded Nelson there was nothing wrong with that.
    "This woman now has said sometimes we have to be careful because innocent people go to jail that is a concern we want a juror to have, so to use that as a basis for a strike is pre-textual," said O'Mara.
    The state tried to backstrike E6 after the jury was selected, saying that she may know a potential witness. Nelson denied the state's third attempt to strike E6.
    Juror E22 was struck by the defense because they say her pastor has written in support of Martin. The state objected to the strike but Nelson ruled for E22 to be eliminated.
    O'Mara spoke after the Frye hearing on Thursday, saying that he's happy a jury has been selected and that Zimmerman is "encouraged" that the selection is over. O'Mara said it doesn't matter that the jury is all-women and that it only matters that the jurors are fair and impartial.
    Jury selection began last Monday with a pool of 500 prospective jurors, which was whittled down to 40 earlier this week. The 40 potential jurors were questioned until the six jurors and four alternates were selected.
    The 40 members of the jury pool shared personal details of their lives in the second round of jury selection Wednesday. On Thursday, they were asked more detailed questions about self-defense.

irish1
    Update your status

Sam, you are a fukking idiot! Biggest Idiot in this forum! Read the above article, it clearly states "THE STATE USED STRIKES ON SIX JURORS AND TWO STRIKES WERE UPHELD FOR THE DEFENSE BY THE JUDGE". That is more than two strikes. 40 jurors were questioned until six and four alternates were chosen. Where did you get two strikes? STFU!

SamDiamond

Sam, you are a fukking idiot! Biggest Idiot in this forum! Read the above article, it clearly states "THE STATE USED STRIKES ON SIX JURORS AND TWO STRIKES WERE UPHELD FOR THE DEFENSE BY THE JUDGE". That is more than two strikes. 40 jurors were questioned until six and four alternates were chosen. Where did you get two strikes? STFU!
    2 strikes WITHOUT CAUSE. Meaning, the prosecution (or defense) can bounce any jury member without giving a reason whatsoever.

They can then challenge up to 10 more selections for cause. Each state is different obviously, and I never argued that I was a member of the Florida Bar.

But my point remains-- THE PROSECUTION TRIED TO GET A JURY THAT WOULD HELP THEM-- you argued that the prosecution allowed an all white jury, which your own article disproves.

So, you actually proved yourself wrong with the article you posted.

Didn't you make a thread announcing you were leaving SBR?

How did that work out?

irish1
    Update your status

irish1
    Update your status

Don't worry I'm getting close to making good on me leaving very soon. So, your not the biggest Idiot on the forum but

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

jury includes black

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

funny that so many in the U.S. care so much as to the color of someone's skin.