PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Americans' confidence in Congress falls to lowest on record

Americans' confidence in Congress falls to lowest on record

A new survey shows that Americans’ confidence in Congress is the lowest on record among 16 American societal intuitions for the fourth straight year.

The poll conducted by Gallup revealed on Thursday that Congress approval rating is down to 10 percent, which is the lowest among the 16 societal institutions and is also the lowest level of confidence that any Gallup poll has ever found on record for an institution since 1973.

The poll asked participants to say how much confidence they have in “a list of institutions in American society.” Some of the items on the list include the military, police, church, presidency, mainstream media, schools and medical system.

The results showed that the percentage of Americans having a lot of confidence was below 50 percent for 13 institutions on the list with the military ranking first with 76 percent. A confidence that might prove the reason why the U.S. is engaged in so many wars across the world.

Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) ranked the second lowest with 19 percent with no change from last year while Organized Labor scored 20 percent, one percent lower than the previous year.

U.S. Newspapers and Television News also suffered a low confidence rating among the Americans, both ranking at 23 percent.

The poll showed that almost half (43 percent) of Americans do not have a high opinion of the Police, while the number is much higher for The Presidency, at 64 percent.

The poll also shows a split Congress among the Republicans, Democrats and Independents, who all have low confidence in Congress. Historically, congress was viewed more favorably by the party holding control of both houses.

AN/AGB

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I was just thinking this yesterday. Is there anyone out there nowadays that is pro the US govt??

I mean even lefty MSNBC won't leave it alone. FOX is mad too, but they're following the same schick they always use, so you can't really tell if they're actually angry, or if they're just using the same infomercial-sounding script they always do.

jewrogers
    jewrogers's Avatar Become A Pro!

You need to smoke some weed and give it a rest Pauly
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

For the most part[ the leftys love how our govt is functioning right now it's every thing they stand for. QUOTE=Ralphie Halves;18916494]I was just thinking this yesterday. Is there anyone out there nowadays that is pro the US govt??

I mean even lefty MSNBC won't leave it alone. FOX is mad too, but they're following the same schick they always use, so you can't really tell if they're actually angry, or if they're just using the same infomercial-sounding script they always do.[/QUOTE]