TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why Does Religion Have To Be The Focal Point Of Relationships?

A friend of mine was telling me last night that he'd like to get back to his ex-girlfriend. Every time he feels closer to her... and they are heading in the right direction... she quickly will bring up God... and say... But do you love God as much as I do? And he looks puzzled? And he believes more than the average guy... and quickly responds... what does your love for God make any difference for my love towards God? We both believe... I don't understand why we are having this talk? And quickly escalates to an argument. She goes... but I want us to go to church together and be a family one day. He goes... what makes you think I don't want that? Of course I do... then she replies... but I don't believe you love God as much as I do. Then he replies... why in the hell are you dating me then? She goes... because you are an attractive guy.

What do you guys make of this? It just seems like religion doesn't always bring people closer together. It's making this couple hurt. They are lacking something. Who's wrong in this situation? I think it's the woman's fault. Is this a way to manipulate her man? Does she really want someone who appreciates God as much as she does? I feel sorry for my friend. No one deserves to be in a depressed state of mind about who loves God enough? Fukking unreal in my book.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

relationship, spilationship, why doesn't he just tell her what she wants to hear...he does in every other area of their "relationship".....lol....what a loser he must be.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Sounds like she's the 'settling down type' now. It always happens. nothing wrong with it, if the guy is wiling to commit but thats what it sounds like now...she's ready for a routine and it will involve some church stuff.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

He can always distract her with a joke...."so you wanna praise God tonight? How about a little 'missionary' work to start"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheCentaur

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Lol god

Your buddy is a tool. His girl is even worse. I suggest suicide for both.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

God makes everything better

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Sounds like she should just marry god and live with her 8 cats for the rest of her life

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

people who believe in a sky fairy who watches over them.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave BuddyBear 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    people who believe in a sky fairy who watches over them.
    You will burn in hell

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

she was probably a big slut or did something horrible in the past.

tell your friend to stay away...

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Run Forrest, run !

Smoke

He is a sinner and she deserves better

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

He's stated he's a believer and she still questions his beliefs?

What a fcuking judgmental bitch.

Atheist girls take it atm.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Maryland teacher doing it with family dog

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    He's stated he's a believer and she still questions his beliefs?

What a fcuking judgmental bitch.

Atheist girls take it atm.
    That's exactly what I said. He cheated on her a couple years ago. He's a changed man. He really is... Funny thing is... he never gave a sh#$ for her. Like... always took her for granted. He had her on the side. Went for another girl... she found out. She found God... apparently. He said he was sorry for cheating on her. Not really overly up her a$$... just basically said... hey I fu#$ed up... (this is what she always wanted... was a solid relationship with him.) Now... she does a lot of testing. And in my book it's too much. Quite possibly maybe she went a little nutty because of the break up? Now she's hardcore religious. And he's like... what the fuk did I create? And I feel really bad for him. Because it's like... he got hit with a double sword. He kind of dies either way. Not cool.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

She's asking him an impossible question. "Do you love GOD as much as I do" is loaded. This poor sap doesn't stand a chance. He should just give up on her and move on. She'll continue to question his faith, and use it against your friend.

The Samurai
    The Samurai's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Is that so? This is the 2nd thread you've posted this crap in.I think you're the one committing dog rappe you sick fukk. You're just posting it to see how folks react. Well, its a despicable act and folks that abuse animals should be disemboweled with a rusty tire iron and then set on fire.

tony_come

Settle down samurai

More than 2 threads

Smoke

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    your mother?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Sounds like she's the 'settling down type' now. It always happens. nothing wrong with it, if the guy is wiling to commit but thats what it sounds like now...she's ready for a routine and it will involve some church stuff.
    I agree. I'm dating a girl who is pro church and wants me come with her from the beginning. I never did (although I use to go to church a lot before but stop going). Later on we got into some drama and rumors about me supposedly hooking up with some coworkers. We broke up as she said that I was settling down and being serious about our relationship. Made me laugh because I wasn't the one who made the church invitation. After a few months, we are back together and she doesn't mention about church and loving God as much as she does. I'm happy how things are going now, but the day she ask me about going to church with her will be something we both will have to agree on depending how deep we feel about the relationship. I wouldn't mind going back to church, but if I did I would want to do it for myself first.

TheMoneyShot

Just to clear up the story a little. My buddy doesn't mind settling down. He's just afraid it's going to be one of those... the girl wants to tell the man what to do all the time... and he's not all about that. He just wants everything to be call down the middle. But again... just like I told him... I thought religion brought people closer together? Like you have a core together. Absolutely not. It's a shame.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just to clear up the story a little. My buddy doesn't mind settling down. He's just afraid it's going to be one of those... the girl wants to tell the man what to do all the time... and he's not all about that. He just wants everything to be call down the middle. But again... just like I told him... I thought religion brought people closer together? Like you have a core together. Absolutely not. It's a shame.
    if shes so goddamn religious, tell your friend to settle down with her and when this believer wants to "tell the man what to do all the time" like you put it, your friend should cite the bible on the parts where it's said she should STFU and understand her role. No authority over men.

That, or tell your friend he needs to date someone sane.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Hate to break it to him, but if he's going to settle down it's pretty black and white, no grey areas....he either throws on a wife beater and pops a can of Natural Light and slaps her around for telling him what to do....or learns to just nod and say yes and keep it moving and the relationship will work out great. It's a natural tendency for the girl to want to boss him around a bit. Embrace it and smile. Otherwise just stay single.

tony_come

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    your mother?
    Your dog

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

About 1 time in 100 religion helps turn someone's life around. The other 99 times its busy starting wars and making people do stupid shit.

Religion has killed more people than anything else and that is a fact. It is a shame, but the world would be a better place without it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    About 1 time in 100 religion helps turn someone's life around. The other 99 times its busy starting wars and making people do stupid shit.

Religion has killed more people than anything else and that is a fact. It is a shame, but the world would be a better place without it.
    Agree. Amen.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

He should just get rid of her now. She sounds super annoying already and you know what will happen. They'll get married and he'll have to put up with her shit for a few years until she finds a guy who actually loves god as much as her. Then they get a divorce and she takes half his shit.