daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Just Had the New McWrap from McDonald's...

I went with the grilled chicken and ranch one. Actually pretty good for $3.99. It was fairly big and had a lot of greens and healthy stuff in it. Would have again. Better than eating the "100% USDA Inspected Beef" on a burger.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

angus mushroom swiss wrap is solid like that

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Saw someone eating one when I ran in to grab an iced coffee, originally I thought they were just new snackwraps, but those things look huge and somewhat yummy, might have to give one a try.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Healthy stuff in it

Lol

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are nuts eating McDonald's.

Nearly everything they have is genetically modified foods.

You think you are eating healthy?

You are eating poison.

McNuggets contain 38 ingredients, among them tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), a petroleum-derived chemical sprayed onto the food or inside the box to preserve freshness.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Might as well have a glass of antifreeze along with it.That's just as healthy......

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Saw someone eating one when I ran in to grab an iced coffee, originally I thought they were just new snackwraps, but those things look huge and somewhat yummy, might have to give one a try.
    You sound like a woman.

Did Shari hack your account?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts, and tto827

In The Money
    In The Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

I havent tried them but I heard they are doing this to compete with subway, because subway has grown more in the last 5 years the McDonalds so they are trying the Jared thing with these wraps.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Just saw a commercial tonight for the first time about these wraps and thought they looked pretty good. Gotta' go try one for myself now.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

cant really blast on Mcdonalds for tryin something more on the healthy side that looks halfway decent
    so I shall try this summ of a bitch myself sometime

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You sound like a woman.

Did Shari hack your account?

Just read my post again, yikes.

PS. can we get the old Pauly back?

dimejack
    dimejack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Grilled chicken,ranch, mcdonalds... forget it, you should try the Doner Kebap Sandwich

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Their Salad probably have lard injected into them. When a Salad have more calories than a burger, that when I stop eating at a place and believe it healthy lol.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Drinker my cokk is also huge and yummy and u love that!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    Their Salad probably have lard injected into them. When a Salad have more calories than a burger, that when I stop eating at a place and believe it healthy lol.
    quang youre a fukkin idiot!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    What a fukktard

TTo........

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

It looks huge on TV unless the lady had little hands

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Im a juicer I have the Jack Lalanne juicer I just order the new NutriBullet I'll try it out it make sense
    and not the mess with pulp to clean up. Some of the bullets break down thoughbut its only 100 at walmart.
    If you got High Blood pressure this is perfect fix juice 4 stalks of celery a day for 7 days then dont do that for 2 weeks then do another 7 day cycle your BP drops 20%probably can save some lives on here.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Smokey I understand your confusion.

Smokey I didn't order extra ranch dressing!

Smokey that's uncalled for.

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

McDonalds & healthy ......... DO NOT BELONG IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH, LET ALONE THE SAME SENTENCE!! YUCKKKKKKKO!!!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

McDonald’s McWraps. A Nutritious Choice?

Did you know that McDonald’s has been overtaken by Subway in number of locations in the US? Riding the wave of nutrition awareness has done good for the latter, a purveyor of foot long subs. Now Ronald McDonald wants in on the fun.
    Enter the new McWrap.

According to McDonald’s:
    Savor all this goodness…Wrapped up and ready to go! We’ve taken a feast from the table – and moved it to a tortilla. Enjoy your choice of a grilled or crispy white-meat chicken breast filet, crisp veggies and tasty sauces, wrapped in a warm, flour tortilla, just for you.
    Let’s cut through the market-speak. Basically it’s a tortilla with chicken, plus some additions. The calorie range is 360-600. Crispy means fried.
    Let’s look at a middle of the road choice: Premium McWrap Chicken & Ranch (Grilled)
    McDonald’s makes it VERY HARD for you to understand this item’s nutritional information. (Word of the Day: Obfuscate – (v) Render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible). McDonald’s is obfuscating its menu’s nutrition information in several ways. To see a product’s nutrition facts panel, one must download this PDF. To see the ingredients list, one must download another PDF.

There’s more, but first the nutrition facts. This wrap is 430 Calories and contains 6 grams of saturated fat (30% of the daily max). The sodium level is worrisome at 1130 **. That’s about half of the daily max for healthy adults! We do like the 3 grams of fiber and 30 grams of protein.

Now back to the ingredients and a game of hide and seek we are forced to endure simply to understand what’s in our lunch. A first look at the ingredient list for the Chicken Ranch Wrap is very promising. It looks like a very short and healthy lineup:
    Grilled Chicken Fillet, Flour Tortilla, Shredded Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomato Slice, Shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese, Spring Mix, Buttermilk Ranch Sauce, Seasoned Rice Vinegar
    But then you realize that 6 of the 9 ingredients above are actually highly processed foodlike substances. We’ve conveniently underlined them for you. Thank heavens for lettuce, cucumbers, and ONE tomato slice!
    Below is a long list of ALL the ingredients in this wrap. We cobbled them from the ingredient PDF for your convenience. We highlighted the problematic ones in bold:

Grilled Chicken Fillet: (30 ingredients)
    Chicken breast fillet with rib meat, water, seasoning (rice starch, salt, sugar, yeast extract, canola oil, onion powder, maltodextrin, chicken skin, paprika, flavor,
    sunflower oil, chicken, garlic powder, chicken fat, spices), sodium phosphates.
    Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid soybean oil and hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin,
    mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).
    CONTAINS: SOY LECITHIN.

Flour Tortilla: (23)
    Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Shortening (Interesterified
    Soybean Oil and/or Hydrogenated Soybean Oil and/or Soybean Oil and/or Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil), Contains 2% or Less of: Sugar, Leavening (May Contain One or More of: Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Sulfate, Corn Starch, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Calcium Sulfate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt, Wheat Gluten, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Metabisulfite [Contains Sulfites], Distilled Monoglycerides).
    CONTAINS: WHEAT.

Shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese: (15)
    Cheddar cheese [pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, annatto (color)], Monterey Jack cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes), potato
    starch and corn starch and powdered cellulose (prevent caking), dextrose, enzymes, natamycin (natural mold inhibitor).
    CONTAINS: MILK.

Spring Mix:
    May contain some or all of the following Baby Whole Leaf Varieties: Baby Green Romaine, Baby Red Romaine, Baby Red Leaf, Baby Green Leaf, Baby Red Swiss
    Chard, Baby Red Oak, Baby Green Oak, Lolla Rosa, Tango, Tatsoi, Arugula, Mizuna, Frisee, Radicchio.

Buttermilk Ranch Sauce: (37)
    Soybean Oil, Cultured Buttermilk, Water, Sour Cream (Milk, Cream, Modified Food Starch, Guar Gum, Sodium Phosphates, Carob Bean Gum, Sodium Citrate,
    Calcium Sulfate, Carrageenan, Dextrose, Potassium Sorbate, Enzymes), Egg Yolks, Contains 2% or Less: Distilled Vinegar, Maltodextrin, Salt, Dextrose, Modified
    Food Starch, Soy Sauce (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Dried Onion, Garlic Powder, Lactic Acid, Natural Flavor (Vegetable Source), Shallots, Preservatives (Sodium
    Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Disodium EDTA), Xanthan Gum, Spice, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Acid Sulfate, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Autolyzed Yeast Extract.
    CONTAINS: MILK, EGG, SOY, WHEAT.

Seasoned Rice Vinegar: (12)
    Rice Vinegar, Water, Sugar, Soybean Oil, Brown Sugar, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Soy Sauce (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Maltodextrin.
    CONTAINS: SOY AND WHEAT.

All told – 121 ingredients, including trans fats, chemicals on the FDA’s toxicity watchlist, and more.

Also: this division of the ingredient list is problematic for people with allergies because they may read the short ingredient list and deduce a green light when in fact a dangerous allergen is present.

Bottom line
    : We’re not too sure this is a better choice than a Big Mac. Health seekers beware. Thanks McDonald’s, for treating us like ignorant fools while peddling us healthy choices…

http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/03/27...itious-choice/
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-25-13 at 05:15 PM.

dimejack
    dimejack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Guys... throw out that junk food and start your own vegetable garden, or.. your own ganja garden