PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Finally some good news on the war with Monsanto

Victory for Organics!

National Organic Standards Board Decision a Victory for Organics, Preservation of Antibiotics
    April 11th, 2013

A joint statement of Center for Food Safety, Consumers Union, and Food and Water Watch

(Portland, OR) Today the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) rejected a petition to extend the expiration date for the use of oxytetracycline to treat fire blight in apple and pear production beyond October 21, 2014. The decision is a victory for the organic standard and advances efforts to preserve the effectiveness of antibiotics.

The vote came after a long and controversial debate because some apple and pear growers do not believe they have adequate alternatives to antibiotics. Consumer and environmental advocates urged them to end the use of tetracycline as soon as possible in order to meet consumer expectations and to respond to mounting evidence that antibiotic-resistant bacteria is a serious threat to public health. Antibiotics are not allowed in any other types of organic food, including production of organic livestock.

We applaud the Board for making the right decision to end the use of this antibiotic as soon as possible and we believe this timeline for ending the use of tetracycline is consistent with consumer expectations. This decision will drive the organic apple and pear market to a higher standard.

We urge the USDA to help growers continue to find workable alternative treatments for fire blight that are compatible with organic production. The Board passed a resolution to encourage the USDA to investigate a transitional option for the emergency use of tetracycline until 2017. The agency must guarantee that any emergency use is extremely limited, ends as soon as possible and, most importantly, apples and pears from treated trees cannot be sold as organic.

More background on this issue, including consumer poll results can be found HERE.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Organics are bullshit as well

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Organics are bullshit as well
    How?

They're exactly the way nature intended.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    How?

Well, for starters---

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...lth/57557912/1

Among the findings:

•There were no significant differences in the vitamin content of organic and conventional fruits and vegetables. The studies looked specifically at vitamins A, C and E.

•Detectable pesticide residue was found in 7% of organic produce and 38% of conventional produce.

•Both organic and conventional foods were at similar risk for bacterial contamination.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Well, for starters---

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...lth/57557912/1

Among the findings:

•There were no significant differences in the vitamin content of organic and conventional fruits and vegetables. The studies looked specifically at vitamins A, C and E.

•Detectable pesticide residue was found in 7% of organic produce and 38% of conventional produce.

•Both organic and conventional foods were at similar risk for bacterial contamination.
    Read further.

Labs rats that were fed nothing but GMOs for their lifetime developed cancer or tumors from other diseases 100% of the time. In other words, every rat they ever tested.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

How?

Penn and Teller did some one of their 'Bullshit' shows on the topic of organics. Most people don't know whit about organics. I don't want GMOs either but organics are bullshit.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

tr;dr.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Penn and Teller did some one of their 'Bullshit' shows on the topic of organics. Most people don't know whit about organics. I don't want GMOs either but organics are bullshit.
    Organics are not bullshit. Say this when you get cancer from eating GMOs.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

I said I don't want GMOs. Organics are still bullshit. Go watch Penn and Teller's 'Bullshit' show on organics. Then do some research. There are huge problems with organics. 1 big problem is that if everything was organic we would have to kill of a few billion people because you wouldn't be able to feed them. Also, most organics aren't local and aren't really even organic. GMOs should be illegal and we should stop importing food from countries such as China and Russia. That's my opinion.

Kpn
    Kpn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I said I don't want GMOs. Organics are still bullshit. Go watch Penn and Teller's 'Bullshit' show on organics. Then do some research. There are huge problems with organics. 1 big problem is that if everything was organic we would have to kill of a few billion people because you wouldn't be able to feed them. Also, most organics aren't local and aren't really even organic. GMOs should be illegal and we should stop importing food from countries such as China and Russia. That's my opinion.
    You beat me too it, I was going to point out that a lot of "organic" is just a sticker with no proof. Not saying organic sucks it's just people are now using the word with no proof to price their goods higher and reap the benefits of people seeing the word organic and jizzing.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

You really need to educate yourself MU because you don't have the first clue. Instead of taking health advice from a 400 lb. fat pig and a balding midget, I suggest you look into this subject more thoroughly before you voice an uninformed opinion.

GMO food will kill you if you expose yourself to them long enough. In the wild, GMO flowers kill wild honeybees and other insects.

GMO seeds contaminate organic soil and anything that tries to grow in it.

GMOs are poison. Plain and simple. If you eat them you are eating poison.

If you want, I can direct you to some very good sites that will educate you on this matter.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

You really need to educate yourself MU because you don't have the first clue. Instead of taking health advice from a 400 lb. fat pig and a balding midget, I suggest you look into this subject more thoroughly before you voice an uninformed opinion.

GMO food will kill you if you expose yourself to them long enough. In the wild, GMO flowers kill wild honeybees and other insects.

GMO seeds contaminate organic soil and anything that tries to grow in it.

GMOs are poison. Plain and simple. If you eat them you are eating poison.

If you want, I can direct you to some very good sites that will educate you on this matter.
    Philly, rolling out the GMO advice, posting about UFOs and Alien buildings in Siberia.

Listen to this man. He broke out the new tin foil.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Philly, rolling out the GMO advice, posting about UFOs and Alien buildings in Siberia.

Listen to this man. He broke out the new tin foil.

Yeah Sam, you go ahead and keep eating your GMOs and this guy will live a far healthier and happier life than you.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes indeed you are correct man. Organic farms are the best farms.

They do not produce carcinogens to feed America with.

Organic farmers are also held to different standards, which drive their costs up. Monsanto would love nothing more than to rid the country of organics. But since Americans are stupid idiots, they continue to buy garbage fruits and vegetables filled with gmo carcinogens

rcene

When you think of patents, you think about engines, engine parts, metals, and poly's. Mechanical things, not fukkkkking seeds!

Patented gmo seeds. What a fukkkkking joke that is

rcene

Was talking to a relative that was a doubter about organic foods.

All he ate was processed foods, and non-organics. Showed him the data on those patented seeds.

When he saw that some seeds had combined viruses inside, and all with pesticides inside the seed, his jaw dropped.

So when we all sat down to dinner, he asked to pass the salad dressings. Reached under the table, and I handed him a bottle of Roundup, he was like what the fukkk? I told him that I was making a point about his beliefs, because he likes to eat Roundup and wanted to make sure he enjoyed his organic cucumber salad with his favorite pesticide.

Anyone eating that shit deserves what they get. Better not be any poor me bullshit when they get sick either
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    Was talking to a relative that was a doubter about organic foods.

All he ate was processed foods, and non-organics. Showed him the data on those patented seeds.

When he saw that some seeds had combined viruses inside, and all with pesticides inside the seed, his jaw dropped.

So when we all sat down to dinner, he asked to pass the salad dressings. Reached under the table, and I handed him a bottle of Roundup, he was like what the fukkk? I told him that I was making a point about his beliefs, because he likes to eat Roundup and wanted to make sure he enjoyed his organic cucumber salad with his favorite pesticide.

Anyone eating that shit deserves what they get. Better not be any poor me bullshit when they get sick either

Great post!