ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9812

Post in this thread if you do not believe in God

and why you do not believe in God

We were talking about this in chat after we found out rarj,aka neverstopper said that he did not believe in God. People have said he stopped believing after he got cancer and blames God for it.

But how can you blame God if you do not believe.

This thread is not about me or anyone. Just God.
    Me making this thread does not mean that Im not a believer. this thread is about you, not me.
    Do you not believe in God and if so, why?
    I guess believers can come in and ask questions to the non believers.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

tt hit rock bottom.

I scanned 2 sentences.

SALOON THIS TRASH!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Just cannot wrap my head around the idea. Think about this.

I could write a book right now telling some story, 10,000 years from now, that could be the primary religion in the world. Sounds ridiculous, but that's my understanding of how the bible came to be.

Friends of mine who are religious had me read a great book The Shack. Gives a new perspective and gets rid of those notions that god cannot exist because bad things happen on Earth.

Religion has directly caused more deaths than ANYTHING else in the world, and that will be true for the rest of history, so I'd rather live my life the way I see fit.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

of course not. how can you believe in something that has never proven to exist

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I Believe.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

The Shack is a great book.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

i believe in the saloon

ttwarrior1

nothing wrong with the saloon inthestink, 2nd most popular section on sbr and this thread isn't about sports little boy

So inthedrink do you believe in god or not or are you a pussy like chi archie sam diamond

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

they should rename the saloon "tt's section"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo, Bbr, and yisman

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe in God

to the non believers I ask this simple question

ok think about it like this and I hope this post makes you at least think about God

ok so bear with me... we have scientist and developers that can come up with anything now... touch screen phones where a device knows what you want it to do by touching the screen. we can send a spaceship to space with people in it... but Never not once in the world has an atom ever been created...

all matter in the world is made up of atoms... everything has atoms in it... so you mean to tell me that we can send people to space but can create a simple atom that makes up everyhting in the world?

so my question is where did the first atom come from? someone had to create it... right? so who created it? you cant answer that

see religion and belief in God is based on faith. People always say prove God is real. You cant that what the whole religion is based on is Faith.

Science on the other hand is based on facts. In science even if you know something to be true by hypotheis but cant prove it then you cant call it a fact its a mere myth.... Scientist with every mind blowing things they can do today can not tell you where that first atom came from....

next

lets say you believe in the big bang... this is funny to me...so you mean to tell me that you think that theses masses of rock... (which are made up of atoms that you cant explain where the first one came from) collided together and over time this world that is so complex was created?

third thing

Evolution... evolution is a fact... no way around it... its a proven fact... but did you know the man that discovered evolution Darwin was a Christian and believed in God? When Darwin brought his findings to the town people they didnt want the other people to believe it so they made it out that he thought we came from monkeys... which he never once thought that... He was a Christian and def believed in God
    Points Awarded:

pronk gave govolz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1, and JayHorne3

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

TT, do you believe in GOD?

If so, TT, what religion are you?

TT, if you need to adjust your religious practices I suggest you choose Calvinism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvinism

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Ok, by your own logic Govolz, where did god come from?

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    of course not. how can you believe in something that has never proven to exist
    you cant see air but you believe in that lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxoY-exk0w

someone embed that youtube video for laker please

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Ok, by your own logic Govolz, where did god come from?
    Faith my boy...
    Points Awarded:

pronk gave govolz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

govolz

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Interesting. Your previous post was one based on logic. You were constructing an argument with some degree of it but then you revert to faith or anti logic.

So why don't you have faith that atoms have always existed?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by govolz View Post
    I believe in God

ok think about it like this and I hope this post makes you at least think about God

ok so bear with me... we have scientist and developers that can come up with anything now... touch screen phones where a device knows what you want it to do by touching the screen. we can send a spaceship to space with people in it... but Never not once in the world has an atom ever been created...

all matter in the world is made up of atoms... everything has atoms in it... so you mean to tell me that we can send people to space but can create a simple atom that makes up everyhting in the world?

so my question is where did the first atom come from? someone had to create it... right? so who created it? you cant answer that

see religion and belief in God is based on faith. People always say prove God is real. You cant that what the whole religion is based on is Faith.

Science on the other hand is based on facts. In science even if you know something to be true by hypotheis but cant prove it then you cant call it a fact its a mere myth.... Scientist with every mind blowing things they can do today can not tell you where that first atom came from....

next

lets say you believe in the big bang... this is funny to me...so you mean to tell me that you think that theses masses of rock... (which are made up of atoms that you cant explain where the first one came from) collided together and over time this world that is so complex was created?

third thing

Evolution... evolution is a fact... no way around it... its a proven fact... but did you know the man that discovered evolution Darwin was a Christian and believed in God? When Darwin brought his findings to the town people they didnt want the other people to believe it so they made it out that he thought we came from monkeys... which he never once thought that... He was a Christian and def believed in God
    1) The big bang answers that. Do I understand how, heck no.

2) Big bang was not rocks Volz, it was energy, dark matter, and the rapid expansion of basically nothing as far as I understand it.

3) I don't really see what this has to do with the conversation at hand.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I believe in God

next

third thing

You need to learn more about darwin before you preach. He was born a christian, but he fought it every day of his life, and somewhere in his studies he turned away from God. He and his wife did not get along because of his loss in faith. Darwin did not die a christian. He was not a christian for most of his life. Evolution is the opposite of religion, and darwin most definitely believed humans evolved from monkeys.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

We live, we die, we are worm food. Nuff said.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

religious conversations are always very productive

nice work going on in here

lets focus instead on what we know...OP is a fat slob

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    religious conversations are always very productive

nice work going on in here

lets focus instead on what we know...OP is a fat slob

and you are obsessed with him> we know both of those things.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

and you are obsessed with him> we know both of those things.
    so you agree? nice

we'll also agree that youre obsessed with attention no matter how much of a jerkoff you appear to be

lakerboy

so you agree? nice

we'll also agree that youre obsessed with attention no matter how much of a jerkoff you appear to be

whats a jerkoff?

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe in God

next

third thing

least of god. reading about people raping babies . and the fact people 99 percent of believe in god to comfort themselves. i read about a guy anthony flew, wrote books about atheism and talked about that all his life and when he became terminally ill he changed his mind.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

whats a jerkoff?
    lakerboy

lakerboy

lakerboy

oh i see smokey.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

wait is this thread about God or about me?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

oh i see smokey.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    wait is this thread about God or about me?

no its about kraken

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

This thread is not about me or anyone. Just God.
    Me making this thread does not mean that Im not a believer. this thread is about you, not me.
    Do you not believe in God and if so, why?
    I guess believers can come in and ask questions to the non believers.

is TT, telling us that he thinks all of us posters are God to him?

ttwarrior1

inthestink is raging that its not in the saloon yet.

Ill do you a favor and request it for you, almost more posters there now anyway

ttwarrior1

its about why you do not believe in God

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

dont bother fatty...it will be there in due time

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Faith my boy...
    The age old cop out of the fantasy believer.

You try to use science to prove that others are wrong. Then, when science is pointed towards you - you fall back on "faith".

How convenient.

There are have been over 2800 recorded "Gods" in history. Do you believe in all of them?

My guess is you believe in just one.

I just believe in one less than you.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    inthestink is raging that its not in the saloon yet.

Ill do you a favor and request it for you, almost more posters there now anyway

TT, I'm surprised you aren't a Buddhist. Since you can worship your clone. A fat 600 pound stump with no self-discipline.

1234 Last