TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

For all non-believers... where did people come from? Had to start with a man and a woman. Takes a God for creation. Big Bang Theory didn't create sh#$. Plus, the Bible... known as the oldest book of time... people couldn't fake a story like that. It's impossible.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I guess the bible is known as the oldest book of time, if you ...well, don't know many books.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake, and CrimsonQueen

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    I guess the bible is known as the oldest book of time, if you ...well, don't know many books.
    Tell me some other books older than the Bible... I'll head to the library and check em out today. Curious.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Tell me some other books older than the Bible... I'll head to the library and check em out today. Curious.
    There are several books and many fragments of books that are older than the Bible.

The I Ching - the 13th century, BCE is considered to have been written about the same time as the earliest portions of the Bible.
    The Papyrus Ebers - medical text - middle 16th century BCE
    The Epic of Gilgamesh - written between 2100 and 2000 BCE
    The Precepts of Ptah-hotep - written between 2300 BCE and 2150 BCE.
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave PAULYPOKER 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The problem with the bible is that it has been altered and cropped over the years to suit the desires and opinions of those who were "In Charge" of it at that time.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

No one knows if their is a God who creates us for no other reason than to sit and watch us and judge us.

But it's pretty fuking clear by now that the Christian religion is a just a collection of myths and stories..no different than any other religion.

The western world is Christian because back in the day a couple of Euro pagan Kings converted to Christianity..It gave the religion the foothold in needed to grow. Not because Christ is the right answer.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Plus, the Bible... known as the oldest book of time... people couldn't fake a story like that. It's impossible.

A dude was born of a virgin, his birth was heralded by a star, his birthday was thought to be Dec. 25th, at birth he was visited by 3, there is no recorded info of him between the ages of 12-30, he had 12 diciples, he delivered a sermon on the mount, he was crucified next to 2 thieves, he resurected after 3 days.

His name was Horus and he lived before Christ.

The story was faked long before the bible was ever written.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

And then there was Mithra

Mithra was born December 25th
    Mithra had 12 disciples
    Mithra preformed many miracles
    Mithra was killed then rose from the dead
    Mithra was the person inbetween God.
    Mithra believed in the immortalty of the soul and heaven and hell.
    Mithra was the Pagan God.
    Last edited by Dutch; 03-14-13 at 12:48 PM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

For all non-believers... where did people come from? Had to start with a man and a woman. Takes a God for creation. Big Bang Theory didn't create sh#$. Plus, the Bible... known as the oldest book of time... people couldn't fake a story like that. It's impossible.
    Sounds good.

Genesis 5:4 "...Adam became father to sons and daughters."
    Awesome. What next?
    Surely no one rooted their mother or sister because that's very un-Christian like isn't it? So did more people just plop out of thin air or did these kids actually procreate with their parents?

You either believe in incest, believe in random people falling from the sky or you sit back and think someone's either a sicko or a hypocrite regardless of the answer. Doesn't mean you're disparaging those who believe... it just means that you read the text as it's written instead of trying to pretend to have a direct cell line to or extrapolate meaning from what people wrote thousands of years ago.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Sounds good.

Awesome. What next?
    Surely no one rooted their mother or sister because that's very un-Christian like isn't it? So did more people just plop out of thin air or did these kids actually procreate with their parents?

You either believe in incest, believe in random people falling from the sky or you sit back and think someone's either a sicko or a hypocrite regardless of the answer. Doesn't mean you're disparaging those who believe... it just means that you read the text as it's written instead of trying to pretend to have a direct cell line to or extrapolate meaning from what people wrote thousands of years ago.
    Again, point being... what was the purpose to make up a story and hold "the truth" for many years. What is the truth? What is the lie? Is religion just whatever we want to believe in? Just like Scientology.... should we believe in the Spaghetti Monster? WTF is that all about? Yes, K-12 Private Catholic schooling I went thru... Not the kind of guy to force you to believe... or push Catholic religion down your throat. I would say 80% of Catholic believers wouldn't ever force religion towards you... or debate with you. When you're born and raise with something... like that... it's hard to break. But, I don't look down on anyone who doesn't believe. It's their choice. When you go through a rough time in your life... yes you question Jesus's existence... you question pain... suffering... anything negative. Why was someone born in a low income family? Why was someone born in a wealthy family? Why? Why? Why? There's time in which when I was younger... you just felt Holy in a way... you felt goodness. If you let the world take your spirituality away from you... that's your issue. You let it happen. And if you have no belief... you live a very hollow life. But, I tend to believe in the story... regardless of all the errors involved. Sh#$, there are errors in everything in life... but we force the issue to believe... not just in religion.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    There are several books and many fragments of books that are older than the Bible.

The I Ching - the 13th century, BCE is considered to have been written about the same time as the earliest portions of the Bible.
    The Papyrus Ebers - medical text - middle 16th century BCE
    The Epic of Gilgamesh - written between 2100 and 2000 BCE
    The Precepts of Ptah-hotep - written between 2300 BCE and 2150 BCE.
    Besides, the old testament (which I guess is referred to when talking about the bible as an old book since the new testament was of course written after they made an art installment out of jesus) isn't exactly christian originality at it's finest.
    If old books are telling of validity, go judaism

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Wonder how many of these non-believers have said a prayer or two when there's .02 on the clock and the need both free throws to cover?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Wonder how many of these non-believers have said a prayer or two when there's .02 on the clock and the need both free throws to cover?

Not as many as the believers who commit sins. Shouldn't they believe they'll go to hell?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Not as many as the believers who commit sins. Shouldn't they believe they'll go to hell?

That doesn't make any sense. Everyone commits sins. Its part of being a human. As far as i know, there's only been one guy that never did.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion".

-Robert M. Pirsig
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Sounds good.

Awesome. What next?

You either believe in incest,.
    Shari, God owes you no explanation, He is who He is and who was- Eternal Creator and Master and it is up to us to have faith and to trust His Word for there's no alternative but consequences if we dont regardless if you believe it or not. You live once and then you gonna see Him who's only demand was to trust His Word.

pronk

Mickey Robinson story

Raised from the dead - Daniel Ekechukwu

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Everyone commits sins. Its part of being a human. As far as i know, there's only been one guy that never did.

OK..I should have said..How many Christians just pay lipservice to God? Their lives are in no way the life a true Christian would live.

TheMoneyShot

OK..I should have said..How many Christians just pay lipservice to God? Their lives are in no way the life a true Christian would live.
    Well Dutch... there's many different religions that hype up the situation. For example... Born Again Christians.... and even a few Baptists hype it up a lot. Sometimes out of context. I've encountered numerous Catholic people in my life time... the ones I encountered were very reserved individuals... you knew they were Holy but they never really preached the word to anyone else. Not saying one religion is better than another. Not my point at all. I'm just saying... its good that people want to believe or experience a so called "worship" session together... but majority don't really understand the story. Some are just looking for help in their lifestyle. Searching for a purpose. And I agree totally with your statement... because most want to know... but must do more research and soul searching.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

God is in the tv

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Sometimes.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I believe... I LOVE the concept of Grace. Because God has extended that grace to me when I know right but always seem to choose wrong, gives me SO much more patience and understanding with others.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pouyasophy

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I don't believe in a Christian, Jewish, or Muslim God that comes from Pagan roots. However, I believe in the ongoing flow of harmony of the universe or whatever this "all that there is" really is.

There is nothing scientific about karma from the outside looking in but it's unreal what happens when you pour fuel on the fire of love or hate karma. Universal law brings back what you dish out...

it all comes back to you and you get what you deserve....try and test that, you're bound to get served

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    I don't believe in a Christian, Jewish, or Muslim God that comes from Pagan roots. However, I believe in the ongoing flow of harmony of the universe or whatever this "all that there is" really is.

There is nothing scientific about karma from the outside looking in but it's unreal what happens when you pour fuel on the fire of love or hate karma. Universal law brings back what you dish out...

it all comes back to you and you get what you deserve....try and test that, you're bound to get served
    Good things happen to good people, bad things happen to good people.
    Bad things happen to bad people, good things happen to bad people.

Karma is scene as real due to your own confirmation bias. Don't give me some he'll be punished in another life crap, and tell me how "karma" explains Hitler, Stalin, and Fidel Castro? While some kids pass away at the age of 3?

More good things happen to good people because people are more willing to help those they see as nice/kind/caring/etc. Not because of some superstitious good/bad voodoo.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheCentaur

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

This thread is sad

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Good things happen to good people, bad things happen to good people.
    Bad things happen to bad people, good things happen to bad people.

Karma is scene as real due to your own confirmation bias. Don't give me some he'll be punished in another life crap, and tell me how "karma" explains Hitler, Stalin, and Fidel Castro? While some kids pass away at the age of 3?

More good things happen to good people because people are more willing to help those they see as nice/kind/caring/etc. Not because of some superstitious good/bad voodoo.

have a lil respect if you could....

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

A dude was born of a virgin, his birth was heralded by a star, his birthday was thought to be Dec. 25th, at birth he was visited by 3, there is no recorded info of him between the ages of 12-30, he had 12 diciples, he delivered a sermon on the mount, he was crucified next to 2 thieves, he resurected after 3 days.

His name was Horus and he lived before Christ.

The story was faked long before the bible was ever written.
    That isnt true. The idea of Horus being born of a virgin is a myth created by a movie in the 1990s. Dig deeper.

Horus is the son of Isis. Isis dismembered her husband, threw his cocknballs into the Nile, where his cocknballs were eaten by a catfish. Isis then brought him back from the dead, and gave him a golden cocknballs and together they conceived Horus.

Umm, also. Horus was thought to have 2 eyes. One the sun, the other the moon.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    That isnt true. The idea of Horus being born of a virgin is a myth created by a movie in the 1990s. Dig deeper.

Horus is the son of Isis. Isis dismembered her husband, threw his cocknballs into the Nile, where his cocknballs were eaten by a catfish. Isis then brought him back from the dead, and gave him a golden cocknballs and together they conceived Horus.

Umm, also. Horus was thought to have 2 eyes. One the sun, the other the moon.

Umm, Are the stories absolutely identical? No.

Depending on which translation you use...She brought him back from the dead..others say it was his spirit...

Almost like saying Mary was impregnated by the holy spirit.

There's no getting around the fact that the story of Christ is a recycled story.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    have a lil respect if you could....

The first two came easy, the third I was pressing a bit for, if it makes you feel better.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atheism is a religion, like "off" is a TV channel

pronk

Angels Rescued People Who Were Trapped in the Buring Cars

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Umm, Are the stories absolutely identical? No.

Depending on which translation you use...She brought him back from the dead..others say it was his spirit...

Almost like saying Mary was impregnated by the holy spirit.

There's no getting around the fact that the story of Christ is a recycled story.
    Jesus Christ may be a "recylced story" but not from Horus.

Horus is the "God of War", Jesus-- not so much.

I don't care what translation you use---- the "birth" of Horus involved sex--- and it was from a golden phallus. Nothin in the story of Christ includes the act of sex, much less a golden phallus.

The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt, great read. Nothing in there will draw any similarities between the birth of Christ and that of Horus.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Jesus Christ may be a "recylced story" but not from Horus.

Horus is the "God of War", Jesus-- not so much.

I don't care what translation you use---- the "birth" of Horus involved sex--- and it was from a golden phallus. Nothin in the story of Christ includes the act of sex, much less a golden phallus.

The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt, great read. Nothing in there will draw any similarities between the birth of Christ and that of Horus.

Umm, there's no ''maybe" about it. The story of the son who was born of God was being used for a thousand of years before Christ was ever even born.

Isis, "the virgin of the world" was impregnated by a spirit....thru having sex with the spirit.
    Mary, was impregnanted by the holy spirit....without actual intercourse.

Slight difference in the birth part of the story.
    The rest of the story is so similar that if you pray to Jesus, you're really just praying to Horus pt.2

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

Me: God, can I ask You a question?
    God: Sure
    Me: Promise You won't get mad
    God: I promise
    Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
    God: What do u mean?
    Me: Well, I woke up late
    God: Yes
    Me: My car took forever to start
    God: Okay
    Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait
    God: Huummm
    Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call
    God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
    God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one
    of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...

First 1234 Last