joeyd2232
    joeyd2232's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

ever take ambien

Got a script from my Dr 10mg yesterday. Should it like make me need to lay down because I'm so tired or will it just assist me when I finally shut my eyes when I want to sleep?

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Ambien will def put you out... its all the ill effects that come with it that makes you measure its overall efficacy

Try melatonin y0 ... just started using it .. here is what i have been using and it shuts my crazy fukkin' mind down

in order to crash out .... i pound a lil of the ganja as well though after i take them

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Take benadryl for sleep problems first to see if it works it is a safer drug with less side effects.

joeyd2232

I'm unable to blaze for the next 4 months which is causing the insomnia

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Ambien fuks u up

CountNo_Account
    The Man, the Myth,the Legend, the Count
    CountNo_Account's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3779

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Ambien will def put you out... its all the ill effects that come with it that makes you measure its overall efficacy

Try melatonin y0 ... just started using it .. here is what i have been using and it shuts my crazy fukkin' mind down

in order to crash out .... i pound a lil of the ganja as well though after i take them

What are you a fukking pharmacist...

Fidel_CashFlow

NO. A hotel night auditor . Pound for pound one of the meanest night auditors on the planet br0

joeyd2232

I sleep probably 4hrs a night. I took confirmation \# first 10mg ambient an 9 estern. Along with my 1mg Xanax script. Still unable to even feel drowsy. Debating on taking another 10mg

Fidel_CashFlow

have you tried having a lady with a sizable ass sit on your nose.

Black chicks are documented as showing more effectiveness but a latino chick will do if thats all thats around the house

Down a cup of warm milk beforehand .

"Gewd Luck "

This dont work repeat step one but make her wipe first.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd2232 View Post
    I'm unable to blaze for the next 4 months which is causing the insomnia

yeah i must have thc in maaa body in order to adequately sleep . Why cant you blaze

CountNo_Account

NO. A hotel night auditor . Pound for pound one of the meanest night auditors on the planet br0

Oh yeah see post 31

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by CountNo_Account View Post

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

have been on it at different stages past few years.

you build up a tolerance to it, i have trouble sleeping so sometimes it'll take 2 or more to do the work

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I guess it depends on the person. I've smoked some big fat hashish in Amsterdam and Ambien fuks me up more.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Joey out for the count

i wonder if the meds worked or he found a robust black woman at the grocery store

guess we'll have to wait and see. Too bad, I was waiting for those crazy ambien posts that he would never remember

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

2 ambiens can put me away for a happy nap but not a full night sleep. Xanax bar and a soma are perfect mix for me.

The Kraken

Soma does it for me as well. too bad it's not commonly written for anymore. Most docs prefer flexeril now days. I can't stand it, makes me feel lethargic and groggy all day and that's it. I'm pretty sure it's nothing more than 200mg of Benadryl.

atleast it can still be easily found other places for those that know where to look.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Tell doc flexeril makes you itch and nauseous and they'll scrip you generic soma.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Yotone
    Yotone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

just yank one out. works for me every night.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ambien along with Lunesta; Sonata; Rozerem are garbage and have the worst side effects known to man but Dr's love to prescribe them, not because they are helpful, but because they are expensive.........

The best sleep meds are Remeron in 15mg to 30mg doses,these will knock you out and keep you out the whole night..

Now, if the Remeron does not work or works and then "poops out" .........

The strongest on the market other than chloroform or anesthesia itself is called Resterol

Dr's will fight you tooth and nail on prescribing Resterol, not because it is an actual sedative, but because Resterol is very cheap..
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 02-28-13 at 01:12 PM.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

A shot of ny-quil works for me.

joeyd2232

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Joey out for the count

i wonder if the meds worked or he found a robust black woman at the grocery store

guess we'll have to wait and see. Too bad, I was waiting for those crazy ambien posts that he would never remember
    I wish that was the case unfortunately my dads girlfriend was screaming for me ( yes I live at home while on house arrest for dui, flame away) she was hysterical I ran into her room and my dad was unresponsive and blue. In the face. No pulse. I screamed at the dumb bitch to call 911 like why penetrate do you call me first. Took about only 3 minutes of CPR and he started lightly breathing again. Spent then til now a the hospital where he is doing well now. Fckn cop tried telling me I wasn't allowed to go because of house arrest. I gave him a penetrate off and was out. My p. O was very understanding

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

I was on ambien a few yars ago , I would cook in the middle of the night next morning I would walk in the kitchen and never remembered a thing!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

benzo and ambien? next step is ssris for you.

stick with weed. why take so many pharmaceuticals?

CountNo_Account

You are a creepier dude than I first thought...kudos...

Love that psychotic finger action...
    Last edited by CountNo_Account; 03-01-13 at 09:39 PM.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

try COMADOSE--take it the first day of winter and wake up in spring feeling refreshed and 20 lbs lighter. it's what i take

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

or is it HYBERNOL? i forget

joeyd2232

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    benzo and ambien? next step is ssris for you.

stick with weed. why take so many pharmaceuticals?
    Have ssri (sertraline 200mg)
    Never was on any pill til I was put on probation. Weed was all I ever needed and an occasional benzo for fun

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i heard some horror stories with ssri and benzo withdrawals. take caution with those meds...

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Ambien along with Lunesta; Sonata; Rozerem are garbage and have the worst side effects known to man but Dr's love to prescribe them, not because they are helpful, but because they are expensive.........

The best sleep meds are Remeron in 15mg to 30mg doses,these will knock you out and keep you out the whole night..

Now, if the Remeron does not work or works and then "poops out" .........

The strongest on the market other than chloroform or anesthesia itself is called Resterol

Dr's will fight you tooth and nail on prescribing Resterol, not because it is an actual sedative, but because Resterol is very cheap..
    And exactly how does the doctor benefit from prescribing more expensive medications?

Do you think the drug companies are writing checks to the doctors for prescribing their expensive meds? Sending them on family vacations to Fiji?

fwiw, I see the exact opposite on a daily basis. I see doctors writing for more prescriptions of cheap generic alternatives than brand name bank breakers. Main example is Plavix, it just went generic. A really strong blood thinner. Dirt cheap now. Brand name alternatives include Brilinta and effient, both very expensive and pushed hard by drug reps. And yet our physicians write for plavix almost exclusively. Simply because its has comparable results and is much cheaper. I see it when choosing equipment in surgery and in all aspects of medicine that I am involved, including medications across the board. In fact, we know the prices of meds and equipment so we can choose the best overall option for the patient, finances included.

pauly everything is a conspiracy to you. In this instance I can save you time and tell you you are way off. Can you find an article or two about a rogue doc getting kickbacks from a pharma company? Yes. Is it anything more than that? No

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

And exactly how does the doctor benefit from prescribing more expensive medications?

Do you think the drug companies are writing checks to the doctors for prescribing their expensive meds? Sending them on family vacations to Fiji?

fwiw, I see the exact opposite on a daily basis. I see doctors writing for more prescriptions of cheap generic alternatives than brand name bank breakers. Main example is Plavix, it just went generic. A really strong blood thinner. Dirt cheap now. Brand name alternatives include Brilinta and effient, both very expensive and pushed hard by drug reps. And yet our physicians write for plavix almost exclusively. Simply because its has comparable results and is much cheaper. I see it when choosing equipment in surgery and in all aspects of medicine that I am involved.

pauly everything is a conspiracy to you. In this instance I can save you time and tell you you are way off. Can you find an article or two about a rogue doc getting kickbacks from a pharma company? Yes. Is it anything more than that? No
    Those are all facts

I personally experienced with my Dr,

He would not prescribe me Restoril,

His only reasoning was "he said it is a sedative"

He prescribed me Rozerem instead,

then told me my insurance would probably not pay for it,

I said Why Not?

He said because it is expensive and does not come in a generic form but don't worry about it because he would appeal it.........

I had an appointment with my sleep Dr. on the same day,

I asked him if I could try Restoril and if it was expensive,

He said no problem and that Restoril is very inexpensive.............

The Kraken

Pauly, a lot of people are skeptical about physicians interests and ulterior motives. I understand the reasonig behind the paranoia or skepticism but honestly most of its unfounded. Almost every doctor I've worked with over the last 12 years tried to prescribe the cheapest medication that would get the job done or use the cheapest piece of equment dring procedures. Most are very vocal to us during procedures about the costs of certain items and why we should always begin with the cheapest one.

So I understand we may have had different experiences but mine are based on over 12 years in healthcare, 1000's of patients as well as having had two major surgeries and a third surgery for a ruptured appendix after my second surgery. So I've been on both sides for along time.

I did work with one jackass that promised a smoking hot drug rep he would specifically prescribe her drug for BP control, so he walked into the hall and yelled at his nurse "we're only prescribing Bystolic now for BP" and then he went back to gawking and flirting with the rep. Now, Bystolic isnt a bad medication but at the time it was new, relatively unproven and very expensive. no need to prescribe it exclusively except to be a showoff. So I know shit like what you're referring to happens, but on a very small scale and are certainly exceptions to the rule.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 03-02-13 at 05:45 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Kraker, what are the possibilities of a 35 year old guy getting back into shape and getting off his small dose of Lisinpronil for high blood pressure?

been working out again for a few weeks, eating clean and lots of veggies thanks to my wife and with the meds my blood pressure is getting lower and lower like 95/75ish lately

sometimes when we travel and I forget to take the pill for a few days I'll check my bp and it will still be under 120/80

could I start bumping up the training and getting back into training and be able to just get off this pill for awhile?

The Kraken

Well Archer, it all depends on what is causing the high blood pressure. D you remember how high your BP was when your doc put you on it?

if its being caused by being overweight, lazy and poor diet, then yes, I'd say its likely that correcting those things would be enough to get off the lisinopril.

if you have a genetic predisposition towards hypertension, then all of that may help and certainly won't hurt but then again it may not be enough.

Overall it sounds like you may want to ask your doctor about getting off of it for a month or two and keep a BP/Heart rate log during that time. And then he can look it over and make a better decision.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I'd say it was genetics and eating like shit all my life plus taking a ton of ephedrine and caffiene for sports in high school and college.

I think it was like 150-160 over 110-100 ish before the meds

i'll ask aout the heart rate log thing

12 Last