RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    ^^terrific post rogue scholar and one that hits home

i made an effort to quit being a drunk video maker (even though it was fun), hopefully before it came to define me
    Your efforts haven't gone unnoticed Mike. You're one of the best recent examples of someone taking an honest look at who they are as a poster and resolving to mix it up in an interesting way. A lot of people here, especially the really prolific ones, could learn from you.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

posting on sbr is srs, srs, srs business

yes i went there....TRIPLE SRS!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScholar View Post
    What choice do I have but to look for it in the Saloon? Ever since the decision was made to limit Players Talk to people talking about only the aspects of gambling irrelevant to winning (look for the relevant stuff in HTT and sometimes in S&I), the Saloon has become the new home for the topics that have always been the most engaging at this place.

What you still can't seem to recognize (or refuse to admit that you grasp) is that you insult our intelligence by not having your routine evolve with the times. Trust me, it's pretty obvious that while you might be capable of being interesting here, your only purpose at SBR remains making yourself chuckle, while telling yourself that we're chuckling with you, since you can't see our collective eyes rolling behind the monitor/phone.

This was never about being/appearing to be smarter than anyone, rather it was to try once again to penetrate your self-involved world with some reality about how seeing a grown man whine like a schoolboy isn't funny anymore, if it ever was. JJ got away with it because he embraced every aspect of his pathetic nature, while you spoil your own jokes every time by always trying to act like you're above it all.

Look at me, I've had to evolve with the times too. When I first started posting at SBR, it was to argue with the conservatives and inflame the rampant homophobia here by throwing my sexual orientation in everyone's face. Then it was a battle about capricious moderating and the staff issues at the time (Ganch's crystal meth binge and the accompanying paranoia-laced PMs and chats in the latter half of '09 and up to his termination here in '10 were truly ambrosia for my curmudgeonry at the time). Now I'm crusading against the remnants of what I call JJ-ism around here, the people who can't let go of this idea that they're hilarious, when really they're boorish and unimaginative. The point being that I've changed a lot around here, because I know repeating the same old act sans innovation would be tiresome not only to me but to others as well.

Can't you at least try to be someone different around here and see how it feels and how others respond? Is it really asking too much for you to treat us like we're actual people here instead of members of a peanut gallery forced to listen to whatever you think is the height of hilarity that day? Or do you stick around simply because, in your mind, chit-chat room denizens aren't worthy of even the smallest amount of effort to be creative? I'll admit I don't have a high opinion of the average SBR-izen, but it still has to be massively higher than your estimation of them, considering the drivel you continue to post.
    Wow.. What a burial.

I live for this shit!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: saints7011

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScholar View Post
    What choice do I have but to look for it in the Saloon? Ever since the decision was made to limit Players Talk to people talking about only the aspects of gambling irrelevant to winning (look for the relevant stuff in HTT and sometimes in S&I), the Saloon has become the new home for the topics that have always been the most engaging at this place.

What you still can't seem to recognize (or refuse to admit that you grasp) is that you insult our intelligence by not having your routine evolve with the times. Trust me, it's pretty obvious that while you might be capable of being interesting here, your only purpose at SBR remains making yourself chuckle, while telling yourself that we're chuckling with you, since you can't see our collective eyes rolling behind the monitor/phone.

This was never about being/appearing to be smarter than anyone, rather it was to try once again to penetrate your self-involved world with some reality about how seeing a grown man whine like a schoolboy isn't funny anymore, if it ever was. JJ got away with it because he embraced every aspect of his pathetic nature, while you spoil your own jokes every time by always trying to act like you're above it all.

Look at me, I've had to evolve with the times too. When I first started posting at SBR, it was to argue with the conservatives and inflame the rampant homophobia here by throwing my sexual orientation in everyone's face. Then it was a battle about capricious moderating and the staff issues at the time (Ganch's crystal meth binge and the accompanying paranoia-laced PMs and chats in the latter half of '09 and up to his termination here in '10 were truly ambrosia for my curmudgeonry at the time). Now I'm crusading against the remnants of what I call JJ-ism around here, the people who can't let go of this idea that they're hilarious, when really they're boorish and unimaginative. The point being that I've changed a lot around here, because I know repeating the same old act sans innovation would be tiresome not only to me but to others as well.

Can't you at least try to be someone different around here and see how it feels and how others respond? Is it really asking too much for you to treat us like we're actual people here instead of members of a peanut gallery forced to listen to whatever you think is the height of hilarity that day? Or do you stick around simply because, in your mind, chit-chat room denizens aren't worthy of even the smallest amount of effort to be creative? I'll admit I don't have a high opinion of the average SBR-izen, but it still has to be massively higher than your estimation of them, considering the drivel you continue to post.
    Jesus. All this simply because you were the last guy to get a joke?

Look pal....some of us actually developed our confidence and self esteem long before we ventured online. I don't come here to bounce deep thoughts off of guys. Nor do I look at this place for guidance as I navigate the ups and downs of life.

I come here to fukk around. I come here because I love sports and gambling and hot chics and talking about nothing. That's it. I don't need it to be anything more. My real life actually provides me the comfort, support, and counsel that you seek on this site. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not needed for myself.

As far as changing my style to accommodate others.....yeah, I don't see that happening. In my opinion, the ultimate follower move would be to change who you are as a poster simply because Rogue or Mayan or anyone else may not like it. I feel that it's important to find your own voice, be comfortable in your own skin. That's how you really learn to like who you are.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

penetrate off you weenie loving pos

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Rogue or & Mayan