pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

RG3 wins Rookie of Year because of Affirmative Blacktion

In the movie White Men Can't Jump, Woody Harrelson said the black man would rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

Well I guess if you look good, play in half your games, and have a lot of hype, it's more valuable than actually playing in all of your games and making the playoffs in a division where there is at least one team capable of winning 10 games.

Both Russell Wilson and Luck deserved it over RG3, but hey, at least when RG3's career is over in 2015 and then other two qbs are still playing, we'll know who the better qbs are.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

I do not know about your theory. Look at the stats. RG3 102.4 QB rating 20/5 td's to picks, Wilson 100 QB rating 26/10. Luck 76.5 QB rating 23/18. Agree that Luck and Wilson will be better long term but those are the stats. And all 3 took their respective teams to the playoffs. I think Wilson maybe should have won, but Luck threw too many picks.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I do not know about your theory. Look at the stats. RG3 102.4 QB rating 20/5 td's to picks, Wilson 100 QB rating 26/10. Luck 76.5 QB rating 23/18. Agree that Luck and Wilson will be better long term but those are the stats. And all 3 took their respective teams to the playoffs. I think Wilson maybe should have won, but Luck threw too many picks.
    Making the playoffs by winning the NFC East is like making the playoffs in the NBA's eastern conference...it's like getting an award for participating. Wilson and Luck won games for them just as well as RG3, but RG3 had more hype

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    Making the playoffs by winning the NFC East is like making the playoffs in the NBA's eastern conference...it's like getting an award for participating. Wilson and Luck won games for them just as well as RG3, but RG3 had more hype
    Yeah and the AFC South sucks as well. And the Colts played a real soft schedule. Luck will probably be best long term, but for this year based on QB rating, RG3/Wilson had better years.

pouyasophy

There's no doubt in my mind that Wilson, Newton, Colin Kapernick, and Luck will all have better careers

pouyasophy

Yeah and the AFC South sucks as well. And the Colts played a real soft schedule. Luck will probably be best long term, but for this year based on QB rating, RG3/Wilson had better years.
    The Texans were at least a great regular season team...Turning a 2 win team into a playoff team >>> Starting the season strong, playing in a terrible division, getting injured often, watching your backup qb get you into the playoffs

Easy-Rider 66

There's no doubt in my mind that Wilson, Newton, Colin Kapernick, and Luck will all have better careers
    Agree. And in reading your post again, the fact that RG3 missed some games I think Wilson should have won.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

RG3's numbers combined with the fact that his team's defense sucked is why he won it. Wilson didn't start playing well until around week 7. RG3 was consistant all year. he deserved it.

Kermit

And isn't Wilson and Colin black anyway?

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    RG3's numbers combined with the fact that his team's defense sucked is why he won it. Wilson didn't start playing well until around week 7. RG3 was consistant all year. he deserved it.
    I'll admit the thread was written in a way to get a lot of views, but RG3 still didn't deserve it over Luck and Wilson considering that he won the garbage NFC east. His defense did NOT suck. That defense won the division vs Dallas for him. Do you know who else doesn't suck? His backup QB who got them into the playoffs.

Easy-Rider 66

I'll admit the thread was written in a way to get a lot of views, but RG3 still didn't deserve it over Luck and Wilson considering that he won the garbage NFC east. His defense did NOT suck. That defense won the division vs Dallas for him. Do you know who else doesn't suck? His backup QB who got them into the playoffs.
    Skins D was horseshit 3/4 of the year. Last 1/4 they played well. RG3/Wilson did have better O-lines than Luck.

pouyasophy

Skins D was horseshit 3/4 of the year. Last 1/4 they played well. RG3/Wilson did have better O-lines than Luck.
    They also played against the Texans and 49ers twice, and both qbs BEAT those teams once....RG3 beat the lowly Cowboys and watches Cousins do the dirty work and gets the Rookie of year....this is the biggest robbery since Anthony Thomas over LT over a decade ago

Easy-Rider 66

They also played against the Texans and 49ers twice, and both qbs BEAT those teams once....RG3 beat the lowly Cowboys and watches Cousins do the dirty work and gets the Rookie of year....this is the biggest robbery since Anthony Thomas over LT over a decade ago
    Maybe you Believe Statistics Lie. But it is what it is. Luck's QB rating was significantly lower than RG3/Wilson. You seem to think there is a racial component to it, but I do not see it. Of course you and I have no idea what is in the voter's mindsets.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

In the movie White Men Can't Jump, Woody Harrelson said the black man would rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

Well I guess if you look good, play in half your games, and have a lot of hype, it's more valuable than actually playing in all of your games and making the playoffs in a division where there is at least one team capable of winning 10 games.

Both Russell Wilson and Luck deserved it over RG3, but hey, at least when RG3's career is over in 2015 and then other two qbs are still playing, we'll know who the better qbs are.

Look at the stats...shows you that RG3 deserved the award. Your theory is ridiculous at best...funny how the savior Luck was supposed to be the cant miss and both RG3 and Wilson are better than him.

Kermit

Their record was 3-7 and they made the playoffs. They were 3-7 because their defense SUCKED.

And Cousins made a TD pass after RG3 drove them down the field into scoring range on a fukked up leg. Then the following week Cousins beat a dismal Browns team, just like everyone else did.

RG3 got them into the playoffs.

elchristo
    elchristo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

russel wilsons dad is white and mom is black...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Wilson is black too so you would have claimed the same for him, and besides, RG had the better year. Both of their numbers' were significantly better than Luck's. Your opinion is not grounded in fact.