Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Guys, Today I Did Something Remarkable...

I looked out the window and the snow was blistering. Through my impaired vision from the white snow, i managed to see a struggling old lady trying to make it up her steps to get to her door. I quickly rushed outside and helped her up the steps and into the house. She was so grateful that she invited me in for hot chocolate. This day was awesome.
    Points Awarded:

ADR51 gave Seaweed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I looked out the window and the snow was blistering. Through my impaired vision from the white snow, i managed to see a struggling old lady trying to make it up her steps to get to her door. I quickly rushed outside and helped her up the steps and into the house. She was so grateful that she invited me in for hot chocolate and<....................> This day was awesome.
    We're all adults here. Fill us in on all that happened.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Gummo, get your mind out of the gutter.

This evening was a heart-warming and blissful experience i will cherish for the rest of my life.

Seaweed
    Update your status

If this story doesn't melt your heart, you should be ashamed.
    Points Awarded:

GUMMO77 gave Seaweed 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Giant gave Seaweed 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Gummo, get your mind out of the gutter.

This evening was a heart-warming and blissful experience i will cherish for the rest of my life.

So you guys didn't dry off, relax and start a romantic ...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Did she put marshmallows in your hot chocolate?

This could mean that she was looking for something sexual with you, Seaweed, and may have even faked stumbling up her steps. I know you would have denied her though, because you are solely focused on your sports handicapping career.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Weeder, you're a good guy. The next two poker tournaments are on me.
    Last edited by GUMMO77; 01-24-13 at 02:52 AM.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Anytime you can make someone smile - you did a great thing that day. Watch people when you open the door for them. Do they give you eye contact? I figure 90%+ don't - they never do - whatever they got goin on is toooo important. What you did was a really cool thing - and not for you - for someone else. You get to feel good about yourself helping someone else. To be fair - the Ayn Rand fucktard teafuckbaggers are not built this way. You know them when you see them. SUV+crosswalk? They don't stop - but to be fair, women in SUVs do the same thing.

I drive one mile to the grocery store here in Vegas (Summerlin area), and ON AVERAGE - there's 3 accidents that almost occur and could've been prevented by driving by rules... It's always some dickbag in an SUV/truck or some woman driving the same thing. Ayn Rand can fuckoff - we all gotta get thru this shithole together, why not do something to make someone smile one time? Oh I forgot, living on the high hat with foodstamps makes you BIGTIME... F off. And if you're not man enough to say 'thanks' and look the door holder in the eye - you also can f off, also. Republican principles have 0 to do with humankind - which is indisputable.

Sorry to make it political, but when was the last time a douche with a Dale Jr sticker or Romney sticker stopped for a walking pedestrian that you've seen. I'm at 0, and I go to the store 2x/week... Over how many years? I cannot count.

Glad you had a good day, sir, helping another human is a big deal and it's infectious. We all can learn a lot about your episode. It's always the small things that make life better. Can't take our mullets or #3 to heaven with us - might as well try to make it better here whilst we're alive. We only get one shot - be nice, not a some hate filled fox douche.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Seaweed

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Did she put marshmallows in your hot chocolate?

This could mean that she was looking for something sexual with you, Seaweed, and may have even faked stumbling up her steps. I know you would have denied her though, because you are solely focused on your sports handicapping career.
    The Giant, she was around 80-88 years of age. She was so sweet and kind. We exchanged pleasantries over my hot chocolate and just when i couldn't feel better about myself, she offered me a job!! She asked me if i wanted to be her snow man and shovel her driveway whenever it snows for $20 a day . I took the offer immediately. I checked the forecast and it will be snowing a lot. This is exactly what i needed to build my bankroll before the superbowl. This just goes to show that being kind does pay off! Finally got myself a job
    Last edited by Seaweed; 01-24-13 at 02:58 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Weeder, you're a good guy. The next two poker tournaments are on me.
    Thanks Gummo, that's 12 points i could use.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Seaweed, I just gave you six points, too. While I'm not as generous as Gummo, I know you've been struggling lately, and hopefully this $.30 gets you back on your feet.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Amazing contributions from all . Between the forecast showing lots of snow and the points being given the sky is the limit for your bankroll Weeds

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

What's snow? I have heard of this theory that these cold white flakes of ice fall, but I've never seen it.

I have only experienced temperature below 30 degrees less than a handful of times.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

What a Hero!

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

One time when I was in Vegas an old lady stopped me on the walkway between MGM and NYNY and said,"Young man can you help me?". I immediately thought there was some sort of scam about so I kept on walking. It haunts me to this day.

Seawad you did a good thing there. Maybe even "shovel her snow" for 1/2 price?
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 01-24-13 at 01:50 PM.

PaperTrail07

Centaur....rest assured....it was a fuckkn scam dude....nothing legit happens on that walkway....been there many times...bought Joints for 10$ a pop off the homeless guys rail riding the sides begging....I told him...go do something with your life...like sell drugs...and he said thats what im doing....then deal made LOL.....saw a few people break a 100$ bill only to see it was a fake...stay away from Bill Breaking, Card games on cardboard boxes...ect....i pointed one little set-up out to police and the guys went running.....

PaperTrail07

The police run the strip....they just allow drug sales to go down as long as there is no violence...

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Did she take her teeth out before repaying you for your good deed?
    Points Awarded:

Seaweed gave downsouth 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Hot choco thats it? Clearly your deed is worth a JapaDog.

Kurshka
    Kurshka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Hey Giant, you want some of my points. Have no use for them.

Kurshka
    Kurshka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Huh won 325 last night. So is that because I am not a pro?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to see you doing a good thing seaweed. Now let me address this utter nonsense below.

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Anytime you can make someone smile - you did a great thing that day. Watch people when you open the door for them. Do they give you eye contact? I figure 90%+ don't - they never do - whatever they got goin on is toooo important. What you did was a really cool thing - and not for you - for someone else. You get to feel good about yourself helping someone else. To be fair - the Ayn Rand fucktard teafuckbaggers are not built this way. You know them when you see them. SUV+crosswalk? They don't stop - but to be fair, women in SUVs do the same thing.

I drive one mile to the grocery store here in Vegas (Summerlin area), and ON AVERAGE - there's 3 accidents that almost occur and could've been prevented by driving by rules... It's always some dickbag in an SUV/truck or some woman driving the same thing. Ayn Rand can fuckoff - we all gotta get thru this shithole together, why not do something to make someone smile one time? Oh I forgot, living on the high hat with foodstamps makes you BIGTIME... F off. And if you're not man enough to say 'thanks' and look the door holder in the eye - you also can f off, also. Republican principles have 0 to do with humankind - which is indisputable.

Sorry to make it political, but when was the last time a douche with a Dale Jr sticker or Romney sticker stopped for a walking pedestrian that you've seen. I'm at 0, and I go to the store 2x/week... Over how many years? I cannot count.

Glad you had a good day, sir, helping another human is a big deal and it's infectious. We all can learn a lot about your episode. It's always the small things that make life better. Can't take our mullets or #3 to heaven with us - might as well try to make it better here whilst we're alive. We only get one shot - be nice, not a some hate filled fox douche.

Equal parts political and clueless, well done. Common knowledge that conservatives and red states donate more money overall &'proportional to income. Even liberals acknowledge this fact. Let me say it bluntly, liberals are generous with government money, conservatives are generous with their own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/op...stof.html?_r=0

Arthur Brooks, president of the American Enterprise Institute and formerly professor of public administration at Syracuse University, used public giving data to make that conclusion in the 2006 book Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism.

More recently, a Chronicle analysis of 2008 IRS tax data found states that had voted for the Republican candidate John McCain in the most recent presidential election had given more of their discretionary income to charity than states that had supported the Democratic President Barack Obama.

just adding a link regarding bush/gore/Kerry. Here's a recap, the democrat gore and his wife theresa who is worth 500 million dollars gave about 500 dollars a year to charity in the six years data was available. Two years they didn't give a dime. In the same time frame George bush gave over 25000 per year. About fifty times as much and the bush family's net worth is 1/20 that of Kerry's.
    the whole story broke when people found out the VP of the United States mr gore the democrat, in 1997 gave a whopping 353 dollars to charity.

https://www.gordon.edu/ace/pdf/Spr07BRGrinols.pdf

this is a very good explanation of why.....

It turns out willingness to use government money to improve others' condition doesn't guarantee personal generosity. Social scientist Arthur Brooks documented this in his 2006 book, "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth about Compassionate Conservatism."

According to Brooks, conservative-headed households give 30 percent more to charity than liberal-headed households, on average, although liberal families' incomes are higher. Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

Two primary factors account for the conservative-liberal charity divide, says Brooks. One is religiosity. Brooks found that religious people -- who are disproportionately conservative -- donate far more to charity each year than secularists, holding incomes constant.

The other is attitudes toward big government. People who don't believe that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more to charity than people who do hold this view of government's role.

Another important difference may contribute to conservatives' greater open-mindedness. It's this: Liberals tend to explain policy disagreements by imputing evil motives like selfishness to conservatives, while conservatives (more charitably) tend to view liberals as well-meaning but misguided.

Why? Liberals tend to evaluate public policies by focusing on the intentions behind them, says economist Thomas Sowell.

For centuries, liberal thinkers have placed great value on words related to intentions -- "sincerity, commitment, dedication" -- describing policies in terms of intended goals: "liberty, equality, fraternity" or "social justice."

Conservatives, however, place greater value on real-world consequences. In their view, the world is too complex for any human plan to achieve its intended goal without producing potentially harmful unintended consequences. A cradle-to-grave welfare state, for example, may be intended to help the poor, but it may foster a culture of dependence that will lock future generations into poverty.

So, my liberal friends, the next time you meet one of these strange characters, a conservative, don't jump to conclusions about his or her ignorance or greed. It's just possible that the real closed-minded person may be the one in the mirror.
    Last edited by James D; 03-24-14 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added a link

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

WTF is with bumping these old threads? Good deeds don't need publicized. It was probably his grandma anyway.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

lol did she pull her fake teeth out like that lady in "yes man"?