usma1992
    usma1992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

Struggling with the lifestyle...any suggestions...

Here's my situation(more venting) than anything...

I have spent the last 3 years building computer models to predict the outcome of games. They are finally working and working well. I am not here to debate their performance. On college bball over/unders I am hitting 60%+ on 300 games or so since Dec 11th...

The problem I am running into...

1). I have yet to fully believe in the system. So what has happened a couple of saturdays is that I have a few beers in me... watching games unfold and in the morning things go south a little bit... I start stressing and bet other games not predicted by the computer but what I like and before I know it... I am down 2K. So the program hit 57%... I lost money. The following saturday... the program went 7-9, so I would have lost but instead of losing minimally... I lost huge.

2). Alcohol...killing me...It is hard for me not to bet and drink at the same time. If I am winning it isn't a problem, I stay disciplined and don't bet additional bets. If I am losing early than I unravel like last night. I went 0-3 last night and instead of being down $575, I was suddenly down and additional $800.

3). 0-3 last night...saturday 15-8 and sunday 1-0...But when you go 0-3 on Tuesday... you essentially give back a significant amount of your winning when you figure in the juice and I raised my bets a little on Tuesday. Really hard to win $900 only to give back $500 the following days. I get that it is still a net profit...but it really sucks. I know you can't win everyday.

4). I have an 8 year old son. And lately when I have him...I am checking scores all night rather than playing with him. I stay up until 1 AM to catch the end of the Pacific...whoever...to see if I won...

So the b**** is i have spent 3 years developing these programs and they finally work and now I am not sure how to live the style without destroying my life...

Dave

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Stop drinking and gambling and put your son first. Easier said than done, well besides the son part, that should be a given. This shit isn't worth it, it's a sickness.

good_money
    good_money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 69

Since you seem tech savvy. Why don't you try touting your picks and system? Make money plus get your action fix

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

That's a typical life style of gamblers, so you're not alone. Chasing is in genes of gamblers, it's hard to control. Gamblers are wired to chase after losses... Books get your money when you chase.

It's tough to gamble when you have a family. It's hard to balance.

elchristo
    elchristo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

do what i did, take a video camera and start documenting your stuff. That's what i'm doing, seeing how much of an idiot i look like on video tape. Maybe cut together a mockumentry, finally put that Film degree to use

HERBJONES
    HERBJONES's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5494

just do this. and quit fvkking drinking and smoke a goddamn joint will ya