is it the same as stealing?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Felony, receiving stolen property.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Depends where the stuff came from. I would'nt buy stolen goods from a house robbery but from a business no problem or rich people.

I once got bought a set of golf clubs maybe 10 or so years ago that where hot. I think I paid like $50 for a new set of Callaways and resold them for 5 or 6 hundred. The funny part of this and the reason I don't feel too bad about it was the golf balls in the bag had the name of the owner and he was know at the time where I'm from and he was a multi millionare so I didn't lose sleep over it. (I think these were stolen out of his car)

I do have a problem with people breaking into house and robbing the place thats not cool.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

gamblers and their moral compass

dude gets shit stolen from his car and that's okay
    but if its a person's house, suddenly, that's not cool
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3636

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    is buying stolen items a sin.

Why do you worry about blue collar crime when white collar crime is epidemic?

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

buying from junkies is +EV

they sell stolen stuff basicaly for nothing

That's what I heard .

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    Depends where the stuff came from. I would'nt buy stolen goods from a house robbery but from a business no problem or rich people.

I once got bought a set of golf clubs maybe 10 or so years ago that where hot. I think I paid like $50 for a new set of Callaways and resold them for 5 or 6 hundred. The funny part of this and the reason I don't feel too bad about it was the golf balls in the bag had the name of the owner and he was know at the time where I'm from and he was a multi millionare so I didn't lose sleep over it. (I think these were stolen out of his car)

I do have a problem with people breaking into house and robbing the place thats not cool.
    An extremely prevalent attitude in the US unfortunately, most people think that somehow stealing isn't wrong if the victim has "too much" (in the opinion of the robber)

ArchieBunker
    ArchieBunker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11356

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    is buying stolen items a sin.
    Did buy sometimes years ago until I had my place robbed when out of town at a funeral.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

What does possession of stolen property go for these days???

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    An extremely prevalent attitude in the US unfortunately, most people think that somehow stealing isn't wrong if the victim has "too much" (in the opinion of the robber)
    I'm Canadian so I guess its the same up here aswell.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I am looking to buy stolen property....lmao

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's easier to justify stealing from corporations and the rich but morally speaking, it is wrong.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

i used to goto dive bars guys selling stolen dvds, jeans, even saw a dyson vac, dude wanted 100 for, i new damn well this is a ballsy crackhead thief selling his wares in a bar. i have bought alot of these stolen retails items and gave them all away tto my fellow bar partrons. i figured anyone doiing this was crackhead with long histort=y of theft, a guy that used pop in this bar is doing 6 years for retaill theft now. out of the 30 times i saw this guy his theft/sales probably netted him $100/day or more quicky used for drugs., i'm sure he had mutiple stops, a couple g's wortth of stolen good to drunks= 6 years in prison.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The way things are going nowadays... 70% off retail.... or no deal. Not a penny more to these crack addicts. They'll take anything.

Hankwins

the crazed crackhead thieves i have see could havte easily had 100k over a 12 month span selling the brand new merch online, but probably have 5-10K crack money. I love drinking, never understood why people use a drug that makes you a nervous wreck.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Hankwins View Post
    the crazed crackhead thieves i have see could havte easily had 100k over a 12 month span selling the brand new merch online, but probably have 5-10K crack money. I love drinking, never understood why people use a drug that makes you a nervous wreck.
    I dunno why people do it either. It's the same reasoning I use to not smoke cigs, or anything harder then weed. What if I try crack, and I really like it, I'm not going to become a crackhead, so why bother trying it. Same goes for meth, heroin, etc.

Hankwins

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I dunno why people do it either. It's the same reasoning I use to not smoke cigs, or anything harder then weed. What if I try crack, and I really like it, I'm not going to become a crackhead, so why bother trying it. Same goes for meth, heroin, etc.
    i have done it all. when you drink heavy cocaine feels GREAT! if you don't drink and use coke it's not enojoyable, it makes a person feel very anxious. I get why people drink heay and use coke, i don' understand why a sober person would even be tempted to use coke.