wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moving to England?

So this has nothing to do with gambling, but getting to a point in my life where I might want to move to england for a few years. I have my own buisness here and a couple rental homes, so i think i would like to do it and see how it goes. Anyone here with any suggestions? What if i wanted to work? what is it like to get a job. Would I need the company to apply for me? Are work visas for immigrants difficult? Can you get joint citizenship? Income isnt that important but I really don't want to be in a big city like london. So wondering what cost of living is like in outer areas. I would rather be in a less populated area. Anyone done this? I am still in the baby stages of this, but 90 percent sure i want to do this before summer is over..

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Well you got the summer is over part right. You realize the dollar is weak and Jobs won't pay what you think. You will end up in some dinky flat with dark and dreary days. England is full of people living off the broken economy. They don't have to work to get basic needs and I find it overall depressing. It will piss down rain and you will be horrified by the food they eat.

Maybe I went overboard but Why England?

Just my 2 cents but I would look elsewhere.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

just one of those mid life crises things i guess. I would actually considering buying a place there. My income here wont stop when i leave so in reality I wont have to work, but actually would like to work to be part of the culture. I have a few places that i wouldnt mind going to long term. Scotland,Ireland,England,Austria,Denmark ,Holland. I have traveled quite a bit and speak English and Spanish but its just one of those I want to do. Rain doesnt really bother me. Living in Colorado for a while I dont mind snow either.

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Well you got the summer is over part right. You realize the dollar is weak and Jobs won't pay what you think. You will end up in some dinky flat with dark and dreary days. England is full of people living off the broken economy. They don't have to work to get basic needs and I find it overall depressing. It will piss down rain and you will be horrified by the food they eat.

Maybe I went overboard but Why England?

Just my 2 cents but I would look elsewhere.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I loved England but I was living right in London so it's a bit hard to compare. Anything compared to the US, cost of living is going to be higher. US is just dirt cheap but these other countries have better social programs and won't leave you to die on the curb if you're a foreigner with no med insurance. Regardless, if you're not going to suffer financially just do it. Yes work visas are tough. Only because they have to prove that they need YOU... ie no UK resident is better qualified, etc. But my ex bounced around Europe for over 3yrs buying and selling property so it's not that bad. I've lived in so many countries in Europe and honestly I don't regret a single moment. If anything, I'd move back to England in a heartbeat if I could. Seriously, just do it. Buy your ticket and force yourself to go. Unless you have a job transferring you there it's too easy to make excuses otherwise.

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

A U.S. citizen can only stay in what 180 days without a V i S A no?
    Last edited by nyyanks773; 01-08-13 at 07:40 PM. Reason: censorship

sarasmith
    sarasmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

We don't want your type in England Shari. Yes a US Citizen can come stay for 90 days with just a tourist **** you fill out on the plane. Wtt0315 we are kind of in an opposite situation, I went to school in Colorado but am English and am now back home.

Getting a work **** can be a bitch unless you pretty much already have a job set up etc. You are right to want to avoid London. Are you looking for city or town living? Look at Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham for cities. Lots of great towns especially in Yorkshire - harrogate, Richmond and Ripon are all brilliant. The weather is not as bad as it's made out to be, lots of rain yes but also a decent amount of sunnier days. It never gets too cold or too hot. The food is also good, especially if you like curry.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Let me ask you this: ARE YOU CRAZYYY! Why england of all places? Italy and France i understand but frigging england? If you have some money saved, go to China or Thailand or Indonesia or Poland for Christ sakes and discover some new worlds for yourself.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Move to Barcelona

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

go to Slovenia

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I recommend Berlin, Deutschland Avignon, France Strasbourg, France or Swansea, south Wales
    Thank me later

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Mmmm Sophia BUSH

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

wait, aren't you a newlywed?

why not one of the south american countries to find a new wife?

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

why Europe? Dont them broads hate American fellas? here's a question.... Do European babes find an American accent as sexy as we find theirs? go to Germany, get some nazi poon.