ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

2013 Lets get healthy thread. What ailments do you have. What meds are you on?

Dr tt has checked in.
    Its time for sbr to get healthy. Stop taking drugs, stop drinking, exercise better, get off meds, stop eating so much sugar and junk.

We should all be trying natural cures for our ailments instead of taking drugs, or at least trying to .
    I highly recommend to talk half your meds and experiment with natural cures.

Example: if you have high blood pressure. Cayenne pepper, garlic, celery seed will help with that.

Post your ailment and post your meds. This thread is also for emotional support.
    Dr tt also needs help and is working on it. Its easier to heal others than yourself.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Green Coffee

ttwarrior1

not sure that is a drug, are you addicted or having trouble with that?

Are you losing weight with it? Alot are taking this for weightloss but getting alot of jitters and can't sleep.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

You do know it is against the law to give medical advice without a medical license, right?

And, if you think I'm joking and states don't take this shit seriously. Ask the housewife from Cincinnati who tried to give out similar advice and was rung up on 19 felony counts.

Since you have a target on your forehead TT. You may want to edit your post and take out the parts where your telling folks to stop taking medications.

Since everyone here knows your name, twit feed, and where you are from. It wouldn't take much for this to get someone's attention.

Honestly. I should have let you hang yourself.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Dude, Over the last five years you have made 50 of these threads saying what you need to do.

How about instead of talking about it you actually do it.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

I have a bad knee...

Swells after I play tennis, hoop, etc...

Pain is underneath, possible ligament damage...

Diagnosis?

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    I have a bad knee...

Diagnosis?
    ii, you're hanging him. He's too stupid not to respond. Come to think of it, I just may sit back and watch this play out.

ttwarrior1

this thread is not about me. Quit making my threads about me. This thread is about helping others, not just me helping others, but other members also helping others

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i have tennis elbow...whats the prescription

ttwarrior1

iifold

i highly recommend you workout your injuries. Try doing superslow leg extensions. Also start taking glucosamine or some joint formula.
    The best healing joint cream on the market is joint flex.
    What If The Pain Won't Go Away?

Sometimes pain is very persistant and still won't go away even with "slow
    movement" type exercise therapy. If the pain persists, follow these
    rules and your recovery should be much faster.

Rule #1
    Once you get injured... everything changes. Forget about your current
    rate of progress. Your new goal is to heal the injury. Focus all your
    attention on getting better.

Rule #2
    Don't lay off... It doens't help. The pain just stays with you... It
    doesn't seem to matter how long you lay off. You must actually
    work the injury out of the joint. Which leads to rule #3...

Rule #3
    Find exercises that do not cause no pain. This is important! When I say
    no pain, I mean no pain. Not pain that is tolerable or less than it was, I
    mean no pain. You see... pain sets up a histamine reaction which causes
    swelling and blocks circulation just like your nose plugs up with allergies...
    That's why you take anti-histamines to reduce the swelling, so you can
    breath again. Finding pain free exercises gets circulation into the injured
    area. Also... the exercise has to be pain free even before you warm
    up the joint. Not after.

Rule #4
    Don't be fooled by endorphin release. It will mask the pain. Even if you
    can't feel it... The injury is still taking place. You must find exercises
    that don't cause pain without any warm-up. This will accelerate the
    healing tremendously.

Rule #5
    After you have once found pain free exercises, use a light resistance
    and move very slowly through the exercise. It will stimulate nutrient
    rich, healing blood to circulate into the area and sweep out all the
    accumulated toxins.

Rule #6
    Ice the injured area each night until it goes numb. Your body will sense
    the cold and send more warm fresh blood to the injured area. Be
    careful you don't over do it and get frostbite.

Rule #7
    Take aspirin about every three hours, it is a mild anti-inflammatory
    and allegedly thins the blood to aid in penetrating the swollen tissues.
    Don't take it before workouts as it will mask pain. You need pain to
    tell you when you are re-injuring yourself.

Rule #8
    Don't ignore the first signs of pain. Be alert on every exercise. If you
    feel a little tinge of pain, stop the exercise and go to something else.
    Most of the damage can be avoided if you will be more alert to the
    very first signs of pain. I'm talking about joint pain not the lactic
    acid pain associated with muscles working.

Rule #9
    If you spend time in the Sauna just before your workout and three or
    four times during your workout it will increase Growth Hormone release
    Remember GH is a heling accelerator. Stay in just long enough to get
    warm but not long enough to perspire.
    Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    I have a bad knee...

Diagnosis?

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    this thread is not about me. Quit making my threads about me. This thread is about helping others, not just me helping others, but other members also helping others
    TT. I am not trying to bust your chops. Advising people to stop taking their meds is going to cause you a world of hurt. I'm guessing the Kentucky Medical Board is going to know C.R. is telling people to stop taking meds. Well, you can't say I didn't try to help you.

ttwarrior1

bobby, same thing i posted for iifold

You need to find a tricep and bicep exercise that causes no pain and do those lifts in superslow fashion to gorge the area with fresh blood so it can heal.

Also take glucosamine and joint flex or something similar.

I don't follow the above directly as needed because aspirin makes my ears ring, so i take a baby aspirin and that seems to not make my ears ring.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

tt how can you give health advice when you are one of the most unhealthy posters?

make a video running 2 miles tomorrow in under 15 minutes and i'll send you $100 paypal.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

No one actually listens to TT though Sam, he isn't going to get in trouble for it. I believe that women had some sort of following, or false medical background. Freedom of speech, he can say whatever he wants.

ttwarrior1

Sam, i dont recommend to stop, but just to educate themselves about their ailment and try to take some natural cures for it so hopefully someday they will get off the meds.

They can try a lower dose of the meds and then take some natural cures products and see if it works. If not then get back on the drugs and let the doctor know what your trying to do to get better.

Disclaimer. I am not a medical doctor, nor do i claim to be one.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

got a physical coming up next week, i will see what all is wrong with me. haven't had one in a few years.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    No one actually listens to TT though Sam, he isn't going to get in trouble for it. I believe that women had some sort of following, or false medical background. Freedom of speech, he can say whatever he wants.
    Good point TTO.

About the housewife, she actually just started a blog advising people to stop taking meds-- then WHAM. She got crushed. I think she pled out but still got a year in prison.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

In the gym right now guey.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Sam, i dont recommend to stop, but just to educate themselves about their ailment and try to take some natural cures for it so hopefully someday they will get off the meds.

They can try a lower dose of the meds and then take some natural cures products and see if it works. If not then get back on the drugs and let the doctor know what your trying to do to get better.

Disclaimer. I am not a medical doctor, nor do i claim to be one.
    Much better TT.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

On the Precor AMT Open Stride

Fairly intimidating machine but is sweet once you get a hold of her.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pain in the stomach
    Gastronoscopy shows 20 percent of my intentisne has been ate away by acid
    I have Ibs and acid reflux gerd
    Also get migraines
    What should I do for pain and should I have surgery doc

ttwarrior1

Running has nothing to do with health.

Have you ever seen an overweight doctor or nurse? Of course you have, most are even unhealthy.

Is a pro bodybuilder taking steroids, hgh, insulin, nubain in good health?

Just because you know something, doesn't mean you or I follow it.

If you dont want my advice, then simply help out others and give them advice . This thread is not about me. Its about others helping others.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Good point TTO.

About the housewife, she actually just started a blog advising people to stop taking meds-- then WHAM. She got crushed. I think she pled out but still got a year in prison.
    Wow. That's nuts, what can't we get in trouble for now-a-days.

ttwarrior1

EXERCISE Has NEVER Made Anyone THIN. No, Really.

I always smile whenever I hear somebody say, “SHE CAN EAT ANYTHING SHE WANTS, 'CAUSE SHE WORKS-OUT”. Sorry, WRONG Answer!

Exercise can NEVER cancel out Stuffing Your Face, no matter how much you exercise. The reason? It's mainly because the amount of calories burned in even the most strenuous exercise session is not nearly as much as most people think. A few hundred calories (at most) is all that you'll burn. Even if Exercise Instructors want to throw in the "exercise after-burn" argument, they will STILL lose this argument. You can easily wipe-out the calories-burned in an hour of exercise with a low-fat yogurt or a few handfuls of nuts - and these ARE good foods.

Here's the proof I always use: Let's say you had the physical ability to run for 24-hours straight without stopping. Anybody would agree that this would certainly boost your body's calorie-burning, right? While on this 24-hour run, let's say you fueled your body with a constant supply of bananas. It takes about 3-minutes to eat a small banana...So, for 24-hours, you're constantly running and eating low-fat/low-calorie bananas...

Here's my Question to you: Does the constant supply of bananas provide enough calories/energy to fuel your body to run non-stop for 24-hours? Not only is the answer “Yes”, the truth is, you would GAIN 12.34 lbs. of fat (do the math). I would hate to see anyone with good intentions beginning an exercise-routine, and subsequently spinning their wheels - making no progress, all because they haven't given "food-intake" its proper priority. WEIGHT-LOSS will ALWAYS be about REDUCING YOUR CALORIE INTAKE, Period!

Bottom Line: For the BEST WEIGHT-LOSS RESULTS, reduce your calorie-intake. And then, for reasons having more to do with physical appearance and good health, by all means, EXERCISE!!!

This is from my bud frannie goodrich

ps: im being swamped with questions, ill get back to you when i can.

ttwarrior1

LOSING WEIGHT in 2013? Go Ahead, Put this TO-DO LIST right on the fridge door. These are the 10-THINGS that matter MOST...

1 - DON'T SAY IT, MEAN IT!
    Of all your past attempts to lose weight, how many times did you truly, and with conviction, totally commit to succeeding? You must declare your commitment to this “new” way of living your life. Write the date on your calendar. Make it a big deal. Challenge yourself to not give-in when it becomes difficult; and more importantly, to get right back on track when or if you (occasionally) falter

#2 - EMBRACE THE CHANGE.
    The attitude YOU bring to this plan is EVERYTHING! Don’t complain to others that you “hate” having to eat this way. Instead, speak glowingly and confidently about your weight-loss plan. Perhaps use self-talk positive affirmations. Your body responds to your thoughts, and your thoughts create your reality. Remind yourself that you “love” this new “you”. Remind yourself how great you feel, and how much greater you are becoming.

#3 - GOTTA HAVE A SUPPORT SYSTEM.
    Amidst all the positives, the last thing you need is somebody dragging you down with negative thoughts and comments. It is crucial that the people closest to you; your spouse, friends, co-workers, etc., become a positive and supportive force. Have a heart-to-heart chat with any and all of these people. If they are simply hell-bent on dragging you down - re-think the relationship. Just sayin'

#4 - HOW MANY CALORIES YOU SHOULD EAT.
    Multiply Your “Goal Weight” by 12. This will provide you with an approximation of how many calories you need to consume daily to reach your target weight. For example, if you currently weigh 185 lbs., and are trying to reduce your weight down to a healthier - say - 140 lbs., you would then multiply 140 X 12. The total is 1680 calories daily…pretty simple. When you take-in this many calories you’ll see change almost immediately. One important thing to remember is that you should never go below 1200 calories per day, no matter what the math says.

#5 - LEARN ABOUT "NUTRITIONAL DENSITY".
    I know you are used to me saying a “calorie is a calorie”, or that you can get just as fat on 3500 calories of apples, as 3500 calories of bacon fat. It’s still true. However, because you only have a limited number of daily-calories to nourish your body adequately, it becomes important that your food selections be from mostly healthy-foods. Plenty of fruit, vegetables, whole-grains, lean cuts of meat, etc. On occasions, when you want to enjoy - say - lasagna with your family, that’s fine. You could then use a portion-control strategy.

#6 - IN WEEK #1 WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU EAT.
    Nobody wants to live their life writing down everything they eat, I agree. That said, it is a great success tool for the first week of your new eating, mostly because it makes you conscious of everything you’re putting in your mouth, and you are less likely to grab a nibble of this and just a taste of that if you have to write it down. Do not skip this step, it is such a powerful eating deterrent, you’ll see.

#7 - DO NOT EXCEED 500-700 CALORIES PER MEAL.
    This is important for a couple reasons. First, meals much bigger than this will use up a bigger than necessary amount of your daily calorie allowance. In other words, you don’t want to eat most of your daily allotment of calories in just one meal. Secondly, these smaller-type meals will help keep your blood-sugar stable, therefore helping control excessive blood-sugar fluxuations, which can lead to binging eating.

#8 - DO NOT WAIT MORE THAN 6-HOURS TIL YOUR NEXT MEAL.
    Again, this has to do with keeping your blood-sugar stabilized and not setting yourself up for binge-eating. Simple, but important, because it is so easy to get caught in the "I'm not going to eat" trap. It ALWAYS Fails!

#9 - GETTING HUNGRY WITHIN 3-HOURS OF YOUR LAST MEAL?
    If yes, it may be an emotional-eating issue, i.e., boredom, stress, etc. studies have shown that 75% of the time we reach for something to eat, it’s for reasons other than our body actually needing nourishment. If you do not suspect that emotional eating is the culprit, try eating a higher amount of protein, fat, or fiber as part of your meals. This will help slow the absorption-rate of foods through your digestive system and into your blood-stream, keeping you fuller, longer.

#10 - DO NOT OVER EXERCISE (HUH!)
    Often, nothing screws-up a diet more than over-exercising. It will put you in a rundown state, which very often leads to lack of motivation, or even binge eating. There is no need to plod-along on the treadmill 7-days/week for an hour or more, or to attend high impact exercise classes every day, or even multiple times per day. That’s just crazy. I would rather see you doing strength-training 3-times per week. If you do decide to go strictly cardio, such as treadmill, elliptical, power walking, or even running - limit it to no more than 3 times per week - which is plenty if done correctly. Think of going harder, rather than further. In other words, 20-minutes of interval-type cardio is far superior to constantly attempting to exercise longer. The fat-burning effect is greater with shorter, more intense cardio sessions (For a better understanding, read my past “exercise” posts).

There you have it, a successful weight-loss strategy. Can other strategies be as effective? Sure they can, but this one is as good as any, and better than most. Now, just DO IT!

ttwarrior1

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    got a physical coming up next week, i will see what all is wrong with me. haven't had one in a few years.

good job and your a young gun. I wish everyone had health insurance so they can do the same.

ttwarrior1

QUESTION: "I've Been Lifting for Years, and I STILL Get Confused About HOW MANY REPS and HOW MUCH WEIGHT?"

ANSWER: "Unless You Are a Beginner, You'd Be Surprised How Little it Matters". If that statement sounds silly, keep reading...

Experienced Weight Training Enthusiast can STOP Counting REPS, STOP Filling out Workout Charts, and STOP getting overly concerned with HOW MUCH WEIGHT to use. It’s easy to be thinking, “Okay, but how do you know if you’re performing the correct number of reps?” Or, “How do you know if you’re using the correct weight?” To this I would reply, first define “correct number”, or “correct weight?

The truth is, science and the experts have NEVER figured-out the “exact number” of reps, or the “exact weight” we should all be using…and they probably never will. There are just too many variables existing from person to person. Instead, the experts agree on “parameters”. In other words, they agree that it’s somewhere between “here” and “there”…and there’s a lot of latitude, which makes the so-called targeted number (of reps and weight) pretty easy to hit.

The real purpose of repetitions is to allow a targeted muscle to perform physical work continuously for an optimal amount of time to stimulate an adaptive response (get bigger and stronger). That amount of time is between 40 and 90-seconds, depending “which” expert you ask. In terms of “reps”, these time parameters equal somewhere between 8-20 strict repetitions being the targeted number. Again, that’s a wide and therefore pretty easy target to hit.

The thing ALL qualified experts DO agree on is that the 2 MOST IMPORTANT exercise criteria to increase strength or stimulating muscle growth are: 1 - You MUST exercise at a high enough level of intensity. You must reach a point of maximal effort during such exercise. By the way, It’s a mistake to confuse “heavy weight” with intensity. 2 - You MUST exercise in a manner which is progressively more difficult to perform and therefore challenges your current maximum capacity to perform work (i.e. Progressive Overload).

So, HOW does this all apply to never having to count reps, being overly concerned about choosing the correct weight, or not having to write down the weight and/or reps? That's easy, say, you are on vacation and decided to hit the weight-room at your resort. Again we’re talking about a person who’s been working out with weights for a reasonable amount of time. You walk over to (say) the Lat-Pull-down machine. Not knowing the machine, most experienced lifters would just arbitrarily select a weight, and then perform a “test rep” or two. Based on your experience and knowing your own body, you would probably be able to immediately (and intuitively) assess if the weight was a bit too light, a bit too heavy, or just right....Now, after making a weight adjustment, let’s say you then strictly performed as many repetitions as physically possible. Because you performed the exercise to a point of momentary muscular familiar, it’s then a certainty that you reached an appropriate level of “intensity”, and performed work to the limit of your own physical abilities. Therefore the exercise would be “both”, intense enough and progressive enough to produce an adaptive response within the working muscle.

As long as the weight wasn’t ridiculously too light or too heavy, does it really matter how much weight you used, or how many reps you performed? Not really. Again, it’s because the target number of both is wide, therefore pretty easy to hit. The next time you go to the gym, instead of using a machine you are familiar with - try a new one. Make an educated guess at the starting weight, try a test rep or two to confirm, make the adjustment (or not), and then perform - in strict form - as many reps as physically possible. If you do this, there’s 99% chance that you will have met ALL the criteria to make that muscle grow and become stronger. Using this training protocol, you will continue to get stronger, and experience a variety in training that will help you avoid staleness or training plateaus

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Copy, paste, repeat.

TT, can you even walk 2 miles?

ttwarrior1

Sorry, But "LONG DISTANCE JOGGING IS DUMB!"

Unless you are a competitive "Long-distance Runner", adopting a training protocol that has you plodding along mile-after-mile, day-after-day, makes little sense. This form of exercise has been long-abandoned by most top athletes of the world. It robs the body of lean tissue (emaciated-runner syndrome) and has long-term repetitive-use-injury ramification
    (i.e., it pounds the hell out of knee and ankle joints).

Today's smart athletes engage in more efficient and productive "interval-type" training. Heck, even Marathon Runners do NOT log the excessive training miles that were customary in the 70's and 80's. If you are NOT a competitive runner, and have simply chosen "jogging" as your exercise choice, that's fine. But, my advice would be that even as your fitness-level increases, "do not" exceed 2-miles or so. Instead, work on covering the same 1-2 miles faster. Try mixing-in varied paced running; run hard, slow down, sprint up a short hill, walk a bit, run hard again, etc.. It's called "FARTLEK" Training (There's a great "google" word).

If you do this, not only will you shed fat sooner and become fitter faster, but your joints will thank you 5-10 years from now.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Saloon this shit!!!

ttwarrior is a fvcking idiot!!!!

Exercise doesnt help weight loss!! MY ASS!

Running raises your heart rate, THUS YOU LOSE WEIGHT DUMBASS!!!!

ttwarrior1

yes spankie, i help many out at many many forums and the advice doesn't change like magic. The advice is simply static, the same.

Ill be copying some natural cures from another forum in few also. Written by me of course. I am also starting a new facebook page and will be inviting thousands of people. I should be at the limit of 5k by the end of the month.

ttwarrior1

po69 read the whole thing, not just 1 or 2 lines.

the fact that po69 says what he says gives me even more credibility.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I am moving this shit to the saloon! Keep up the quality work fatass.

Who needs to pay ttwarrior to post when he posts shit like this for free????

ttwarrior1

12-Arguments you can WIN against any "Gym Idiot"

1 - People Who Do Side-bends with Dumbbells in each hand are Dumbbells themselves. Think about physics to understand why this exercise makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

2 - Power Lifters and Bodybuilders DO NOT look the way they do because of "how" they train. Your body's response to training is determined by solely by genetics. It's the same for Swimmers, they DO NOT have longer n' leaner muscles, or wider shoulders because of "swimming".

3 - YOGA and PILATES may be relaxing and promote inner-peace - whatever "that" means. Nevertheless, BOTH have Little-to-No value as a method of exercise "if" changing the physical appearance of your body is the goal.

4 - Wide-grip Lat Pull-downs DO NOT widen your shoulders...Close Grip Bench Presses DO NOT develop you "inner pecs", and NO "Butt" Exercises can make a Flat Ass, Round. The lesson? Muscles DO NOT change their shape - ever! Fat-loss may change the contour of a body area, but not the shape of the actual muscle.

5 - CROSS-FIT, P90X, and "FUNCTIONAL TRAINING" will ALL be "out of style" in 2-3 years. Each will be replaced by the next thing "suckers" fall for.

6 - Muscles DO NOT Get Flabby – Flab Gets Flabbier. Exercise does NOT tighten-up loose muscles; instead, losing body-fat makes our bodies, firmer, leaner, and harder.

7 - Carbs DO NOT Make You FAT - Extra Calories Do - Just ask ANY Registered Dietitian. In addition, Eating Many Smaller Meals Does NOT Speed-Up Your Metabolism. If you understand how your metabolism actually works is, it's easy to see how this seems true. However, it's NOT.

8 - Flushing Toxins from Your Body with Cleansing Drinks is a Scam for the Under Educated

9 - IF "Starvation Mode" is true – Where are ALL the FAT Anorexics? The starvation-mode myth is something that MOST people STILL get wrong. It's a myth born out of partial truths and an incomplete understanding of HOW our metabolism actually functions.

10 - LONG-DISTANCE running is a dumb way to exercise. It robs the body of lean tissue (emaciated-runner syndrome). In addition, it pounds the hell out of knee and ankle joints. Modern athletes have replaced over-distance-running with more efficient "interval-training".

11 - "If I Do My Cardio Too "Intensely", Won't I Be Out of My Fat-Burning Zone, and Be Burning (Only) Sugar?" Oh Brother! This myth started in the 80's when we were told NOT to do our cardio or aerobics to strenuously because we would NOT be in our "fat-burning-zone"...nonsense! Having a better understanding of aerobic and anaerobic energy metabolism would bear this out. I’ll spare you the lengthy explanation.

12 – Fast, Easy, and Effortless Weight-loss is an Eff’ing LIE!

Please "Share" these with your friends.

ttwarrior1

A Few Strips of BACON or a Bowl of ICE CREAM has NEVER made Anybody FAT!

Here is something EVERY “Dieter” should realize, and EVERY Fitness Professional should be passing along to their “Weight-loss” Clients...

Many people don’t seem to understand is that “food” is not fattening; “excessive calories” is fattening! You may be saying, “Isn’t that the same thing? No, not really. It’s more the portion-size of any food that gets us in trouble, not the particular type of food.

For example, one-half stick of butter is “less” fattening than - say - a large bowl of oatmeal and raisins. Why? Because the butter equals 400-calories, yet the large cereal-bowl of oatmeal and raisins equals approximately 600-calories.

In other words, Butter and Bacon are two foods that are certainly viewed by most of us as “fattening”. However, one Tablespoon of butter has only 100-calories; the same for a small strip of bacon; about 100-calories. NOBODY CAN GET FAT ON 100-CALORIES OF ANYTHING. However, if you load-up on butter too often, the your overall calorie-intake then becomes excessive, and so does the fat on your Butt.

By the same token, if you eat too much low-fat yogurt, oatmeal, or raisins, the calories begin to add up too. Again, it's the "AMOUNTS of FOODS" that gets us in trouble, NOT a particular food. Make sense? The “amount” of food you eat, or more specifically, the number of “calories” you eat over the course of a days, weeks, and months. This is what results in weight-loss, or weight-gain, not the fact that you ate a hot-fudge sundae today.

Of course, common-sense dictates that we should ALWAYS strive to eat primarily healthy foods. However, it's crazy to think that you can't mix in “high-fat” or “sugary” treats here n’ there. Or, as they say: “Everything in Moderation”.

I cringe when people say “I’m cutting out butter, cream, and all desserts…they’re so fattening!” I realize that they probably don’t “get it”, therefore they needlessly over-deprive themselves, and make their own weight-loss strategy one that’s harder to stick-to.

Bottom Line: Common sense and an occasional strip of bacon or bowl of ice cream here n' there will allow ANY diet to be more bearable, and therefore - in the long run - more successful.

12 Last