daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Anyone Live in Santa Barbara or closeby?

I heard there's a big ass party there for Halloween. Supposedly 3+ blocks full of people, supposedly 25000+ people walking around.

Is it legit? Thinking of making the trip down this weekend from San Jose

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Big Norterno brasch hashem does.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

My buddy went to UCSB for 4 years. He invited me every year and said the block party's during Halloween were the best ever. the whole town was like a huge block party. I never went because i was always working. But i would def check it out if you can.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Theres always fun in State St.

You should head down.

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

It's pretty crazy. I though bars down there were more fun.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Big party there's videos of them on YouTube

go if you get a chance

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    My buddy went to UCSB for 4 years. He invited me every year and said the block party's during Halloween were the best ever. the whole town was like a huge block party. I never went because i was always working. But i would def check it out if you can.
    Yeah i heard it was right by the school. From what I read, everyone said it was nuts with the amount of people there. Decisions decisions.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Yeah i heard it was right by the school. From what I read, everyone said it was nuts with the amount of people there. Decisions decisions.
    Yea its something id like to do now but 2 years out of college my buddy who lived their is more interested in doing grown stuff now...hahaha

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

its full of kooks

you should go

daneault23

LOL if I do go I will try and take videos and post for most of you shutins

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

All trolling aside, if you're a college age person Halloween in Isla Vista is pretty fun. I haven't been in about 15 years, but there's a lot of good music, beer, and hot girls. The IV Foot Patrol is no joke though. Carry your cup upside down when not on private property. Drinking in the street is a big no no. Don't fall off the cliff. Someone does every year.

daneault23

UPDATE: Looks like I'll be heading down there tomorrow morning for a day of drinking. Gaucho I am in college so hopefully its fun. Thx for the info about the patrols and the cliffs. Will try to stay away from cliff and foot patrol whatever the penetrate that is.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

i lived there for 35 years... it's not what it was back in the day.. you need id just to get in iv aka hiv.... it still goes off but nothng like years ago...it's a different culutre now and they arent allowed to party like they once did.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Foot Patrol is the sherrifs dept. it's pretty much zero tolerance on shenanigans. Have fun and write up a trip report for the saloon when you get back. Bring rubbers.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Bring rubbers.
    His ass is gonna get POUNDED.

theAkathist
    theAkathist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    His ass is gonna get POUNDED.
    hahaha i bet. a lot of trannies heading that way from what ive been hearing

daneault23

Okay just got back. It was pretty fun, but lame at the same time. Most people seemed stuck up and acted like their shit didn't stink. It was as if we weren't wanted around there or something. However, there were a few chicks that were actually not total bitches

If I woulda gone into one of the houses for the parties maybe I woulda had a different story to tell you guys. Although there were a lotta people walking around in the streets, in the houses themselves it seemed everyone had their own lil groups and didn't intermingle with others.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

That's a bummer. You probably should have just rolled up to the house parties and tried to get in. When I lived in IV I used to have random people crash out drunk on my couch and didn't give a shit as long as they weren't causing a problem or puking.

I actually drove through IV a few weeks ago and there was a different vibe but I just chalked it up to me being old.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Okay just got back. It was pretty fun, but lame at the same time. Most people seemed stuck up and acted like their shit didn't stink. It was as if we weren't wanted around there or something. However, there were a few chicks that were actually not total bitches

If I woulda gone into one of the houses for the parties maybe I woulda had a different story to tell you guys. Although there were a lotta people walking around in the streets, in the houses themselves it seemed everyone had their own lil groups and didn't intermingle with others.
    Probably because you aren't wanted. We in Bruta don't get along with out of towners. IV/HIV is a shithole and is for college kids, if your from Bruta you stay out of IV and do the SB thing. It's insulting for people to even think IV is Bruta, it's two different worlds. Isla Vista sucks plain and simple. Keep Bruta alive!

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

I read this thread on Friday and convinced a group of friends to down on sat so we did. worst idea ever.
    it was not what i expected at all, i expected people partying everywhere and music blasting.

so we ended taking the bus to iv and walked to the street where it supposedly gets down. well we ended up walking down the street and snuck in to some party since every house was "private" well whatever we were on some fence talking to people on the street on we were inviting hot girls to come inside and party, well some fucken guys kicked us out cus we were inviting "randoms". Everyone was so stuck up it wasnt even funny. Well after we got kicked out of there we were walking on the street again and some cops started harassing my friend cus the way he was dressed and he had a backpack on. They ended up citing him for having a bottle of morgan in his bag and being drunk in public. they ended pouring into the grass and since we were drunk and mad at what they were doing we where yelling what ever we could to irritate them. Like your killing the plants you faghott. well they ended letting him walk away and since he was blasted he was telling him how the illuminati was gonna kill them or something like that and he tossed the empty bottle into some yard and the cops arrested him. I ended up spending the night outside the iv foot patrol station just chillin on the curb waiting for a ride since my phone was dead and i couldnt go anywhere else. I was probably there from like 1am-5am and i heard all the shit the cops were saying, like "yeah i had a good night i cited a few niggers". Even worse even though i was just sitting there waiting about 50% of the cops harassed me for no reason. the rest ignored me and two of them were cool as penetrate and told me what to do to get my friends case dropped.

Well to end this pathetic story ill never go there ever again. Cops harass anyone they can, people are stuck up, unlike other school were everyone is free to party as long as your not damaging anything. Shit is over rated. i know i had a bad experience but also overall consensus of everyone i spoke to was that: they expected a lot more, people stuck up, not enough music, and cops were just trying to harass.

daneault23

Dkid, I agree 100 fuckin percent with everything you said. I couldn't believe it. Any parties I've ever gone to people are chill and as long as youre not breaking shit or being stupid its all good. These kids were so fuckn stuck up, I couldn't believe it. Also, i saw this guy being talked to by about 3 cops and they asked him what he was doing here and he was saying he just came to party n he was from livermore blah blah blah. The cop was like yeah try again, I was like wtf what fuckin dicks. Anyways, yeah I agree it was overrated and the ppl sucked.