Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

if you didn't think the music industry was DEAD before this, well it is now!

https://www.wetransfer.com/

I can send, or you can receive, up to 2GB per transfer. I've been sending albums to friends all night LOL

Good Bye Music Industry!!

Check it out for yourself....

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Torrents have been around for quite some time now ...

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Brock!

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    10 years at least

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    this isn't a torrent per say...much better i think

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brock guys like you killed it

It is dead actually..worst musicians out of any say 10 year period

Brock dont come crying here though when you get a 10 million dollar lawsuit

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brock guys like you killed it

It is dead actually..worst musicians out of any say 10 year period

Brock dont come crying here though when you get a 10 million dollar lawsuit
    it was designed to share ALL kinds of files...not just MP3's

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Its like dropbox. It can be convient sometimes

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Why would anyone spend good money on speakers and a great stereo system and listen to crappy torrents or have a surround system and a great tv and you watch poor quality stuff pirated of the internet. What a waste of money on quality stereo stuff, when you spend good money on a sound system you want to hear the album the way it was meant to be heard, recorded in good quality or you have a nice tv and surround sound, you want to watch a film in real hd and listen to it in good surround sound.

These torrents , even the good ones, are just so degraded from the original. I dont even trust the sound quality from alot of legitimate digital sites, at least with cds the audio is uncompressed. Alot of the legitimate digital stores use the AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) format encoded at 128kbps -every second of music is represented by 128 kilobits of data. On a CD, every second takes up 175 kilobytes - 11 times more. Look at these torrent sites and actually try and listen to this crap at high volume. Horrible. This is a good article about sonic quality and Neil Young talking with Steve Jobs about how so much of downloadable music is a sacrifice in sound quality.

They are talking about the sound quality and codecs from legitimate pay site, not this torrent garbage.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...nd_quality.php

Listening to this crap is like listening to music on youtube, it reminds me of when a friend brought over a cassette and wanted me to play it through my klipsch speakers. People download stuff I guess when you are young and poor but its a really miserable way to listen to music. Sonics!

Funny quote from Neil Young about Steve."As Young pointed out, Steve Jobs may have been a digital music pioneer, but "when he went home, he listened to vinyl."

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Why would anyone spend good money on speakers and a great stereo system and listen to crappy torrents or have a surround system and a great tv and you watch poor quality stuff pirated of the internet. What a waste of money on quality stereo stuff, when you spend good money on a sound system you want to hear the album the way it was meant to be heard, recorded in good quality or you have a nice tv and surround sound, you want to watch a film in real hd and listen to it in good surround sound.

These torrents , even the good ones, are just so degraded from the original. I dont even trust the sound quality from alot of legitimate digital sites, at least with cds the audio is uncompressed. Alot of the legitimate digital stores use the AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) format encoded at 128kbps -every second of music is represented by 128 kilobits of data. On a CD, every second takes up 175 kilobytes - 11 times more. Look at these torrent sites and actually try and listen to this crap at high volume. Horrible. This is a good article about sonic quality and Neil Young talking with Steve Jobs about how so much of downloadable music is a sacrifice in sound quality.

They are talking about the sound quality and codecs from legitimate pay site, not this torrent garbage.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...nd_quality.php

Listening to this crap is like listening to music on youtube, it reminds me of when a friend brought over a cassette and wanted me to play it through my klipsch speakers. People download stuff I guess when you are young and poor but its a really miserable way to listen to music. Sonics!

Funny quote from Neil Young about Steve."As Young pointed out, Steve Jobs may have been a digital music pioneer, but "when he went home, he listened to vinyl."
    its coming straight from my iTunes...which was pure quality to begin with, to whosoever I email to, downloadef with the SAME quality, there is NO degradation pal.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

meh, same vibe as dropbox

waffles trumps any torrent or music site on the net

nothing comes close

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    its coming straight from my iTunes...which was pure quality to begin with, to whosoever I email to, downloadef with the SAME quality, there is NO degradation pal.
    Thats not true.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: showtiime

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

gregm i have rapsodi or whatever on my phone that connects to my car radio sounds pretty good to me

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    The majority of that post was centered around the degredation on iTunes, something Jobs seems to acknowledge.

Unless you're an audiophile, it is really hard to tell the difference. All depends on what you are using to listen to it.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 10-19-12 at 12:41 AM.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The majority of that post was centered around the degredation on iTunes, something Jobs seems to acknowledge.

Unless you're an audiophile, it is really hard to tell the difference. All depends on what you are using to listen to it.
    These are some good articles chalky on digital audio. Like you said, Young is talking about the legitimate digital sites and digital quality in general, when it comes to torrents I would really like to see what rates even the high quality torrents are coming in at. There is a huge difference to me between Digital and Analog on stuff like itunes but most torrents sound like utter crap to me.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...neil_young.php

http://allthingsd.com/20120131/neil-...ound-of-music/
    Last edited by gregm; 10-19-12 at 12:47 AM.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    gregm i have rapsodi or whatever on my phone that connects to my car radio sounds pretty good to me
    I have heard rhapsody has very good sound, never tried it. I may look into it, have you tried spotify?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    These are some good articles chalky on digital audio. Like you said, Young is talking about the legitimate digital sites and digital quality in general, when it comes to torrents I would really like to see what rates even the high quality torrents are coming in at. There is a huge difference to me between Digital and Analog on stuff like itunes but most torrents sound like utter crap to me.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...neil_young.php

http://allthingsd.com/20120131/neil-...ound-of-music/
    I just downloaded David Gilmour Live in Gdansk from piratebay (torrent site) and am currently listening to it through my tablet which is pushing some Bowers & Wilkins p5's and it sounds wonderful.

I am partial to this specific album though, as I do own it and think it is by far one of the better live recordings made - but it sounds loads better than anything on youtube.

gregm

Good taste chalky. I am going to check out that David Gilmour show tomorrow. I am a huge Gilmour fan. The one thing I like about that article is that Young doesnt come out against pirating, he says its a good way to find out about obscure albums and tunes, live shows,etc. and in the end you buy the album or cd because you want to hear it the way it was meant to be heard. Hell , I love youtube, its turned me on to so much great stuff I could never have found rummaging through a record store. Most youtube stuff is still crap though, listen to the two versions of this great tune.

Last edited by gregm; 10-19-12 at 01:01 AM.