ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Illinois violence tax

There’s an old saying that to a carpenter who only knows how to use a hammer, every job looks like a nail. And to liberal politicians, the solution to every problem is a tax. Well, with homicides in Chicago up by 25 percent this year alone, guess what their liberal leaders’ solution is? If you said “lock up more criminals,” then you don’t know “the Chicago way.”

No, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is proposing a tax on sales of guns and bullets. Both she and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who’s endorsed the tax, say it will help reduce violence. They’re even calling it the “violence tax.” But that only does violence to common sense because it will accomplish the exact opposite. Here’s why:

In Illinois, anyone convicted of a felony becomes ineligible for a Firearms Owner’s Card, which you have to show to buy a gun legally. That means all those armed felons are getting their guns illegally, so they’ll never pay the so-called “violence tax.” It will only fall on law-abiding citizens who are trying to buy guns legally to protect themselves from criminals. The tax will make it that much harder for them. And the effect of that? Well, there’s another old saying: if you want less of something, tax it. So guess what happens when you tax attempts to stop crime?

ps: no i didnt write this and nope, not listing source, told me i didnt have too
    Gonna love someone wasting there time just to figure out who. It doesn't matter who, read

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I'm just glad they over turned the chicago hand gun ban a few years back

you already have to pay fees for renewing your permits and licenses every 3rd year for 100 bucks and $15 a year per gun.

The tax isn't gonna make anyone NOT buy a gun that wants one legally if they are already going through all the hoops, redtape, training, and paying the proper fees

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I consider myself a moderate, but I'm sick and tired of gun legislation or taxes related to gun purchases. These types of laws only hurt hard working honest people.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watch the Chris rock standup on making bullets expensive. It's pretty funny.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380