tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Caffeine addiction - cold turkey or slowly reduce?

I have one large cup a day, and if I don't have that cup for about 48 hours, I get a horrific headache to the point where my head feels like it will explode if I cough. Thinking I've had enough, I decided to start mixing decaf with regular to slowly reduce my intake so I'm not held hostage by it anymore. Other than the coffee, I don't drink any other caffeinated drinks. Should I continue this process or man up and go cold turkey and suffer for a few weeks? What has worked for others?

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

one espresso a day is good for you

maybe try that route?

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

doesn't it have insane amounts of caffeine in that tiny cup?

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

In high school/college I worked at a movie theater w/ free pop, used to drink probably 5+ a day. Stopped cold turkey, been almost 6 years since I've had one. Now 99% of when I drink is water, milk, and beer. I told myself how much I didn't need it and never really had a problem stopping. I did the same with fast food back in the day. The last time I gave in to the fast food I got sick, basically told me not eating that shit was a good idea. Never had any headaches from the caffeine though, so I really can't say I've been there. It's doable, does Aspirin or anything help w/ the headaches?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

coffee is good for you. just drink 1-2 a day

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

I tend to go on and off caffeine addiction all the time. The best way to do this is to go cold turkey. When you get that headache, take headache tablets with codine, or something strong. I know that headache tablets aren't good for you, but this is short term, in order to take care of a problem which had been troubling you long term. You should be right after the first headache, once you get over it.

If you go cold turkey, it takes two weeks until you've recovered, but after that you will feel great and won't need coffee to get any buzz.

I don't think coffee is good for you, it's harsh on the liver, I can feel this.