NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Ahead of Wednesday's mega-launch of the all-singing, all-dancing, all-happy-ending-providing (rumor) iPhone 5, the stunning reality is that a recent poll (via CouponCodes4U) found that 81% of consumers admitted they could not keep up with the latest and greatest from Apple - and worse still that 51% used credit to buy one of the must-have iDevices.
    As The Street notes, the findings of the survey show "the crazy lengths people will go to be the first person to have the latest iPhone of iPad" and the pollster was "shocked and very surprised about how many Americans freely admit that they are willing to spend their way into debt by buying Apple gadgets that they simply cannot afford."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/poll-f...s-buy-igadgets
    shocking that people at couponcodes4u would say they used credit...polls and surveys lol, there is no way this represents the whole population...you can make a poll or survey say anything you want...

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    the NEW EVO LTE 4G that came out in june has FAR superior battery life and screen is a little bigger. i suggest looking into that upgrade
    You're so clueless with everything you think you know. 99.9%!!!!!!!!!!

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I will be one of those guys waiting in line Thursday night. Will make a video showing how much of a loser I am

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Mules... My droid does so much more then gfs iphone.... Even before I rooted.... It's just hipster that's all

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

*deleted

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Mules... My droid does so much more then gfs iphone.... Even before I rooted.... It's just hipster that's all
    Hipster isn't the right word. Many people use iPhone for its purpose. I've had one for 4 years and wouldn't go to any other phone. Who wants a plastic screen?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Friend is paying for my upgrade to the 5 and he will be getting my 4s.

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Friend is paying for my upgrade to the 5 and he will be getting my 4s.
    Does your friend know, that the 4S is only $99/2yr contract or the 4 is free/2yr contract?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite8 View Post
    Does your friend know, that the 4S is only $99/2yr contract or the 4 is free/2yr contract?
    He will unlock it and use it with his tmobile service.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

I'll take my Android over any Apple product.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

I'm going to make sure a couple fall out of the back of a truck on Friday

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

delete

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Samsung Galaxy SIII is way better. Anyone in the industry will tell you it is much better. In fact, they will tell you that there is no comparison between the two. Apple is all marketing.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Lower middle class folks trading in their iphones every couple of years is the same as upper middle class folks trading in their Buicks every couple of years. We live in a world where buying something new gives a feeling of accomplishment.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    what exactly are iphone users missing out on? A buddy of mine had an htc phone and hated it, so im quite sure you can find someone that hates something about every phone out there...
    Same could be said about a Android user. Every time I ask a iPhone user what makes the iPhone so much better then a quality Android, they are speechless or change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I bought a new 3gs for $200 in nov '09, and its still works as good as the first day I bought it. The same buddy of mine mentioned above,in less time, has gone through two evos(battery issues, i think) and is now on a galaxy3...almost a dime worth of phones...i dont know how you measure a phones "capability" but the iphone seems superior in that instance.
    I'm still using my 2.5 year old HTC EVO 4G. Got it when it first came out. Only thing I had to do was buy a new battery a few months ago. That set me back $10 bucks I think. It still runs smooth and fast. So I paid I think $149 and $10 in 2.5 years. Not sure how your buddy burnt through $1000 on two EVO's.

I'm sure the newer Androids are better and faster, but just not sure if I want to get the S3 or wait to the next new batch of new Android releases.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a Blackberry Storm 4 years ago... and a Droid X for 2 years up until May of this year... and have a 4S since May (wanted to see what all the fuss was about). All on Verizon and work pays for mine so no skin off my back...

The jump in usability from the Storm to the X was substantial. Made using a smartphone SOOOO much easier. From the X to the iphone not so much. There are things I like about each of them that I don't / didn't like on the other.

Truthfully, both platforms (Apple clan members won't admit it but ask a "genius" at the store) require rebooting the phone weekly... I rebooted by X about every 2 weeks, my iphone weekly now. The iphone camera MAY be a little better than my X, granted you're talking about a 2 year old phone vs. a brand new phone so not sure if older technology or platform. The actual "call ability" of the iphone SUCKS... my old flip phones had better capability for signal, quality, and ability to "keep a call alive" than the iphone ever has. That probably has been the most disappointing thing - I guess I hope the 5 fixes this.

But, there are definitely things about each that has advantages. I just think its funny the apple clansmen that make these out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread when they're just not. Nice phone... not the be all, end all. Honestly, they strike me as the "trendy" thing to have for this era...

First 12