DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

Ryan did not lie about the Jansville plant

I'm so tired of reading all this drivel that Ryan lied about the Jansville GM plant. The plant did not close in December of 2008 like everyone keeps saying. It started idling down in Dec 2008 actually didn't close or got on "stand by" until April 2009.

But regardless Ryan never blamed the closing on Obama the thrust was he promised to retool the factory and get it pumping out Hybrid cars and that hasn't happen in the 4 years he has been president.

It's not his fault it closed but it's another example of what he promised and what little progress he's made after 4 years.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Janesville still has the highest unemployment rate in wisconsin right?

Hard to believe when i see tons of unemployed people that do nothing in milwaukee every day

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

The plant made the decision to close by December 2008. Whether there were a few people still hanging around a few months later finishing things up doesn't change that. Ryan deceived the country.

If Romney and Ryan had gotten their way there wouldn't be any GM plants left anywhere. Thanks to Obama, the American auto industry has staged at least some comeback.

DJ Dalamar

Even if you go by the December 2008 date all Ryan said was that then candidate Obama made the speech and less then a year later the plant was closed and that it remains that way today. There is not a thing factually inaccurate in that statement.

When you say "then candidate" and "less then a year later" you have to make a big leap to say that he's blaming Obama for the closing. If you read Obama's whole speech that day he's saying that the plant that was pushing out gas hogging SUV's will be retooled and start making Hybrid, green jobs ect. THAT never happen and that was the point Ryan was making.

Or least that was the point I got apparently I was the only one.

DJ Dalamar

BTW if you read the wiki entry on the plant the decision to start scaling down was made in 2006 and the original date was to be in 2010.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

If I told you my age was equal to 15 + 22 you'd tell me I never told you I was 37 years old. Unreal.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

only in your twisted mind is Ryan telling the truth

stc9358
    stc9358's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man New Orleans under water

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

MSNBC is making up shit as usual. Ryan said that the plant closed less then 1 year after obama visited the town. He never said it closed during obamas administration like the retards keep trying to make up. These idiots need to get their fukking ears examined.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i agree with this about when something closes.

every time i am like 10 minutes late to subway, and they have the close sign up but people are still in there clean and putting stuff away. i get pissed because they aren't really closed because there are still people inside. i know as soon as i leave they are going to open up so i hang around to make sure. sometimes the employees freak out and call the cops though. that is always a big hassle.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

I thought America was a country of winners but looks like they are going to continue to back a proven loser

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The plant made the decision to close by December 2008. Whether there were a few people still hanging around a few months later finishing things up doesn't change that. Ryan deceived the country.

If Romney and Ryan had gotten their way there wouldn't be any GM plants left anywhere. Thanks to Obama, the American auto industry has staged at least some comeback.
    thanks to the taxpayers