princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Breaking Bad prediction realized

I called it boys, a while back, check my posts.
    I said Mike had been put on the back burner by the writers, and he would have a huge role in season five.

Another note, not sure how I'm feeling about this season....wierd vibe.

Vince Gilligan said this season will be actually two eight episode 'mini seasons'.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

I got a feeling Walt jr will get involved in the family business

princecharles

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    I got a feeling Walt jr will get involved in the family business
    That's a way out thought, but hey, anything can happen on that show.

Most prob if Walt goes down, it's his wife who shoots him.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by princecharles View Post
    I said Mike had been put on the back burner by the writers, and he would have a huge role in season five.

Vince Gilligan said this season will be actually two eight episode 'mini seasons'.

You did say that, I remember reading it. Good pop!

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

This season has been really dark compared to previous seasons. Walt appears to be on a mission and he won't let anyone stand in his way (including that nut job wife)

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Definitely has a weird vibe to it.

princecharles

Man, cool.
    I can tell we're all in the same page.
    Have spent a little time in TV, I can tell you that when writers are given a 'hard episode count', meaning as of right now they're working with something like 12 unaired shows left, they tend to pull out every crazy idea they ever though of but panned during the seasons when there was a 'tommorrow'.

I'm making a lean on at some point there's a confluence of Hank getting pissed at the whole DEA, and him discovering Walt's secret. This leads to a finale with them working together.

Remember the writers made sure to insert a soft spot in Hank for 'family lawbreakers' by doing that whole his wife shoplifts thing.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

2 threads for the same obvious prediction that surprised no one come on pal get over it realllllllyyyy
    Points Awarded:

princecharles gave Sunde91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Walt is now officially a piece of shit in my eyes.

I don't think Walk Jr will get involved, if he does it'll be a Jump the shark moment for the series.

I do think that Mike will not see the end of the season. Also think Skyler may kill Walt in the end.

princecharles

Quote Originally Posted by lordvodka View Post
    walt is now officially a piece of shit in my eyes.

I don't think walk jr will get involved, if he does it'll be a jump the shark moment for the series.

I do think that mike will not see the end of the season. Also think Skyler may kill Walt in the end.

spot on..i really can't see JR being used as anything more than a pawn between his parents, or a victim somehow...
    i think Skyler killing Walt is a bit predictable for this show..
    HEY WHO KNOWS....The writers don't know yet, and could be following our posts for ideas!
    happens ALL the time
    Last edited by princecharles; 08-12-12 at 09:23 PM.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Disagree about this season having a weird vibe. The Walter White character arc is the whole show. His confidence is high. Now we get to see how he acts when there is no one standing on his neck. Dude is taking himself way too serious.

This kid getting killed in tonights episode will fuk with Jesse's head, he'll be a huge liability now. Shit is going to start unraveling.

On a side note, It's fuking weak of AMC to make us wait a yr for the second half of a season.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

can't believe they killed that kid.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is proud of this shit,

only on SBR.

impossible to make this shit upimpossible
    Points Awarded:

princecharles gave PAULYPOKER 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Well who knows what is going on in his life. So he gets a charge about a prediction. Big deal, why crap on his success why not give the guy his due, it is such a minor thing guys.

Now why introduce the kid in this episode unless something was going to happen? Actually, I thought Todd would be killed by Mike, still doubt his life expectancy will be more than a few episodes. I also think Dutch is absolutely correct about Jesse unraveling. He is a main character so not sure if he will be eliminated but we will see repercussions over this kid killing.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Did you guys know that Dr Tim Whatley on Seinfeld was Bryan Cranston? Just connected that today?

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post

Actually, I thought Todd would be killed by Mike, still doubt his life expectancy will be more than a few episodes.

I think they'll be burying Todd in the desert next to the kid.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Todd is definitely not making it out alive. He's a hothead.

I still want to think Todd used some kind of stun gun and they'll explain it in the next episode.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Great episode...I loved the train scene. Great TV!!

princecharles

Well who knows what is going on in his life. So he gets a charge about a prediction. Big deal, why crap on his success why not give the guy his due, it is such a minor thing guys.

Now why introduce the kid in this episode unless something was going to happen? Actually, I thought Todd would be killed by Mike, still doubt his life expectancy will be more than a few episodes. I also think Dutch is absolutely correct about Jesse unraveling. He is a main character so not sure if he will be eliminated but we will see repercussions over this kid killing.
    Hey buddy thanks man
    But I take it all as being cool :-))

Im gonna throw you a couple of baseball LOCKS though, as I truly appreciate you being a good guy.
    pm me with your email and I'll send them to you over next few days :-/)

Now.....back to business.
    There is a 'mechanical' device in story telling called a Red Herring.
    This is when a clue or what seems like it will be important turns out not to be, so be careful about what looks very obvious, escpecially with this show that has some of the best minds in LA working on it.

I too thought Todd was a goner during that water tanker scene.
    Then as I thought about it, it seemed too obvious, and all Mike's 'trusted' guys are locked up, so this Todd would be an interesting 'get' for the story line.
    Also, very important, by him shooting the kid, he now becomes much more trustworthy.

Think about it. Up till that moment, he could possibly trade all he knows about Walt and Company to the cops for a deal should he get caught doing his burglaries.
    Now they own him.
    He did a murder solo in front of Walt and Jesse, effectively cementing his alliegence to them.

princecharles

Another thing about Todd keeps itching me.
    Mike made it very clear to the fumigation crew that they are not ever to speak to Jesse or Walt unless spoken to.
    Then there's that scene where Todd stops them to give them the heads up about the nanny-can in the living room clock.
    Walt asked his name then.
    Then in the under the train bridge scene Walt asks him, "What's your name again?".

Don't know why that's playing with me, seems über minor, but Walt does not forget things like that. Perhaps it was just a device to remind the viewers of his name, but I don't know.

princecharles

Did you guys know that Dr Tim Whatley on Seinfeld was Bryan Cranston? Just connected that today?
    You're right!
    That's so funny. What range as an actor that guy's got, huh.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

You're right!

Yes, that is why I was shocked. Amazing difference, that is why it is called acting.

Your thoughts about Todd are interesting Mike does show loyalty for his criminal buddies, but that loyalty was earned, not sure if Todd earned anything yet in the eyes of Mike. Don't forget Mike with only a few exceptions will kill someone before taking a chance, unless that chance outweighs his need for safety or revenge. He doesn't like to take chances. Also not sure if Todd is a likable guy yet, if he really did kill the kid he might have crossed a line and maybe not only with Jesse.

What about the truck driver? Was he introduced before? If not what is up with him? Did I miss something?

princecharles

Yes, that is why I was shocked. Amazing difference, that is why it is called acting.

Your thoughts about Todd are interesting Mike does show loyalty for his criminal buddies, but that loyalty was earned, not sure if Todd earned anything yet in the eyes of Mike. Don't forget Mike with only a few exceptions will kill someone before taking a chance, unless that chance outweighs his need for safety or revenge. He doesn't like to take chances. Also not sure if Todd is a likable guy yet, if he really did kill the kid he might have crossed a line and maybe not only with Jesse.

What about the truck driver? Was he introduced before? If not what is up with him? Did I miss something?
    Great points.
    I don't have a specific recollection of the truck driver, so that was probably purposeful on the writers' part. I think as I was watching it I wrote him off as either one of the fumigation guys, or just a day hire, as he was far enough away from the bridge that he wouldn't gave to know anything more than to just 'break down and stall for time'.

Right you are about Mike. Definitely a cross T's and dot I's with not getting caught.
    I think there are a lot of ways the kid's shooting could play out, but Jesse will have to accept the fact they really had no choice.
    It appeared as though they were going to leave the methlamyne in the in ground tanks, and fetch it as needed, so the kid had to go.
    Especially if they were planning on another 'siphon' from that train on that route when the 1000 gallons runs out.

What do you suppose the metaphor means of the kid out looking for a spider, finding that deadly looking one, and never making it back home means?
    Last edited by princecharles; 08-14-12 at 10:46 AM.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Think about it. Up till that moment, he could possibly trade all he knows about Walt and Company to the cops for a deal should he get caught doing his burglaries.
    Now they own him.
    He did a murder solo in front of Walt and Jesse, effectively cementing his alliegence to them.

This a good point. They might keep him around just to do the dirty work. But it's hard to trust someone that is quick to act without order.

princecharles

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    This a good point. They might keep him around just to do the dirty work. But it's hard to trust someone that is quick to act without order.
    Yeah, the 'hard break' ending was again a clever literary play by Giligan. As from the omniscient point of view, we are left just as shocked wondering what will happen next as the characters were in witnessing what just happened.
    I save each episode and will probably rewatch that ending several more times, then again once more right before I watch next week's episode, so I'll report back any new thoughts.

Wow.
    That dude was right.
    I take this shit serious! ;-/)

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Great points.
    I don't have a specific recollection of the truck driver, so that was probably purposeful on the writers' part. I think as I was watching it I wrote him off as either one of the fumigation guys, or just a day hire, as he was far enough away from the bridge that he wouldn't gave to know anything more than to just 'break down and stall for time'.

Right you are about Mike. Definitely a cross T's and dot I's with not getting caught.
    I think there are a lot of ways the kid's shooting could play out, but Jesse will have to accept the fact they really had no choice.
    It appeared as though they were going to leave the methlamyne in the in ground tanks, and fetch it as needed, so the kid had to go.
    Especially if they were planning on another 'siphon' from that train on that route when the 1000 gallons runs out.

What do you suppose the metaphor means of the kid out looking for a spider, finding that deadly looking one, and never making it back home means?

Well not sure about the spider thing, sometimes a spider is just a spider. For the hell of it I looked up spiders and tarantulas on google and found that some people believe that dreaming about spiders is good luck. lol. But, dreaming about a tarantula is bad luck. I doubt if that came into play with any of the writers, but who the hell knows. However, it is interesting and thought provoking.

I am a little surprised about the truck driver and the hole digger, like you said they may be part of the fumigation guys but it seems to me like too many loose ends for Mike and Mr. White.

Well we will see how it plays out. Very interesting show. Like I said before you have to give credit to AMC imo they have the best three or four shows on tv. Great writing, great dialogue, believable characters are all vitally important and they hit the mark on most of the new shows they produce.
    Last edited by dante1; 08-14-12 at 02:14 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

You're right!
    do not forget he was the Dad on "Malcolm in the Middle".

Last edited by HoulihansTX; 08-14-12 at 05:49 PM.

jkilla990
    jkilla990's Avatar Become A Pro!

the truck guy was the guy in earlier episodes that works for Saul, remember he went to Benneke's house

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

with the kid being shot dead...

jesse will be fuucked up. jesse fuucks up and makes a mistake that will allow hank to rekindle his relationship with jesse. that will allow hank to link jesse with walt and their crystal activities. walt realizes hank is onto walt. walt will probably hold hank and his wife hostage or kill them. skyler the annoying cuunt finds out what walt did or is going to do to hank/marie. skyler will either kill walt or set him up in a DEA stint.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

The truck driver was also used as a fake EPA agent to trick the car wash owner into selling.

Marty
    Marty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

Don't know if any of you have seen it, but there is a great article on the show in Rolling Stone. Gave me a whole new perspective. Basically every single detail of the show is reviewed by Gilligan. He watches each episode and then comes up with pages and pages of notes, down to crazy little details. Underwear coming off too quietly, a bed making strange noises, books out of place on a bookcase, crazy stuff.

After reading that article I think it's safe to say that every single thing on the show has some type of meaning.

Definitely worth reading if you are a fan of the show....

princecharles

Wowwww
    just read all the posts after my last one.

You guys are fuking smart as hell!

very very impressed the minds that commented about this show.

gotta check out the Rolling Stone article (i'll look online) and digest all this.

Hard to beleive (or actually very easy to) that we're a bunch of digenerate gamblers..

:-0
    Last edited by princecharles; 08-15-12 at 12:32 AM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

skylar will get jealous and slowly learn the secrets and start her own meth company, creating friction. mike will fuk skylar and move in with her. walter will burn down their lab and try to kill skylar but jesse will save the day. mike will die in an explosion though, and jesse will help skylar move to maryland to start a new life. walter will go back to teaching chemistry and recruit 4 or 5 young students for a new project now that he is so good at making drugs, and he will be happy, but the show will just let it be at that and drop walter. jessie will hatch a plan to be an arms dealer, and a whole new team of people will sell guns to gangsters in los angeles. i don't know what will happen with the crippled kid.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

In the Rolling Stone interview it said the Jesse Pinkman character wasn't suppose to make it past the 1st season.

The big bosses wanted Steve Zahn to play Walter White.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    In the Rolling Stone interview it said the Jesse Pinkman character wasn't suppose to make it past the 1st season.

The big bosses wanted Steve Zahn to play Walter White.
    Interesting.

I think they made a good choice with Bryan C. I must see if that RS interview is on the net. Thanks Dutch.

12 Last