PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are Americans gullible???

Americans: Uninformed, Misinformed, Dumbest, Gullible People

Walter Williams wrote a column recently with the title “Gullible Americans.” He begins by talking about the income tax. A few weeks ago, I did a commentary on the history of the income tax, so some of the information should sound familiar.

He reminds us that during the legislative debate about the 16th amendment, President William Taft and congressional supporters argued that only the rich would ever have to pay federal income taxes. When the amendment was enacted in 1913, only one-half of one percent did pay taxes. They were people whose earnings exceeded $6 million in today’s dollars. They paid 7 percent. Walter Williams argues that Americans would never have been ratified the amendment if it wasn’t for the fact they have been duped into believing only the rich would pay income taxes.

It is worth noting that the founders made it impossible to have such a tax. That being said, Abraham Lincoln did impose an income tax on Americans to finance the war. It was later repealed. During the Grover Cleveland administration, Congress enacted the Income Tax Act of 1894. The next year, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional. That is why the 16th amendment had to be passed in order to have an income tax.

Walter Williams also cites Medicare as another example of gullible Americans. At the beginning, in 1966, Medicare cost $3 billion. The House Ways and Means Committee, along with President Lyndon Johnson, estimated that Medicare would cost an inflation-adjusted $12 billion by 1990. They were off by almost an order of magnitude. In 1990, Medicare topped $107 billion. Today’s Medicare tab comes to $523 billion.

We as Americans have been gullible when believing that a new tax won’t affect us and we have been gullible in thinking that a new government program will stay within the estimated budget. These are lessons we should learn and apply the next time there is a debate about taxing or spending. I’m Kerby Anderson, and that’s my point of view.

The Gullibility Factor test

In this simple, anonymous test, you can assess your own Gullibility Factor (GF) score. Simply answer TRUE or FALSE to the following questions, click SUBMIT, and your score will be instantly calculated and displayed along with an explanation and the correct answers.Your GF score will tell you whether you're a free-thinking individual, or a total mind slave. Please answer all questions, or your score will be artificially low.
    This test was authored by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, primary author at naturalnews.com. This test is offered for entertainment purposes only.
    True False Drinking milk helps people lose weight.
    True False Silver fillings are safe to put in your teeth. Otherwise, dentists wouldn't use them.
    True False Cattle in the U.S. beef industry are routinely fed chicken poop, animal blood, expired household pets and other undesirable food sources.
    True False People who watch television are not persuaded by television advertising.
    True False Food manufacturers offer coupons because they want to help people save money.
    True False The history taught to American children in public school is true and accurate.
    True False Many common grocery products (including yogurt, fruit drinks and candy) are colored with an ingredient called "carmine" that is actually made from insects: dead, ground up husks of female cochineal beetles.
    True False My government would never knowingly lie to me.
    True False Pharmaceuticals cost so much only because drug companies need more money to invest in finding cures for disease.
    True False The Federal Reserve is a branch of the U.S. government.
    True False Banks offer to finance home loans because they want to help people own their homes.
    True False The fluoride added to drinking water is sourced from naturally-occurring fluoride mineral deposits.
    True False Surgical procedures must be proven safe and effective before being practiced on patients.
    True False Private gambling and internet gambling has been outlawed because the government wants to protect people from the evils associated with this activity.
    True False Inflation is a natural side effect of a healthy, growing economy.
    True False Prescription drugs approved as safe by the FDA are safe to consume on a long-term basis.
    True False The U.S. is the most technologically advanced nation in the world.
    True False Processed and packaged meat products (hot dogs, bacon, sausage, etc.) are preserved with an ingredient that both the food industry and the USDA absolutely know causes cancer.
    True False Buying a home is one of the best financial investments you can make, and home prices will always continue to rise.
    True False Medical schools give doctors a solid education in nutrition, disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits.
    True False The mainstream news outlets (cable news, national newspapers, network news) in America accurately report war events in Iraq.
    True False The United States of America is a Democracy.
    True False Anything that hasn't been scientifically proven isn't true.
    True False Vitamin E is dangerous.
    True False When you deposit money in a savings account at a bank, that bank holds your money for you until you ask for it back.
    True False All the clean hydrogen we need to power the world is already contained in crystals at the bottom of the ocean called gas hydrates.
    True False In 1945, the U.S. dropped two atomic bombs on civilian populations in Japan in order to force Japan's surrender and "save a million lives."
    True False Having a baby is a patent violation because the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office routinely grants patents on human gene sequences found in all humans.
    True False People should avoid all exposure to the sun (or use sunscreen) in order to protect their health.
    True False There is no cure for cancer.
    True False All foods and beverages are safe to consume in moderation and can be part of a balanced diet.
    True False Most common diseases (cancer, heart disease, diabetes) are caused by bad genes and bad luck.
    True False Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a genuine brain chemistry disorder that must be treated with drugs to help children.

My GF score is 94.

What is yours?????

The Gullibility Factor test at naturalnews.com

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Most Americans are content. As long as people are content, they go about their everyday life and do not make waves. They want nothing to change. So they become uninformed. They stick their heads in the sand. When you are uninformed on an issue, you are ignorant about that issue. So most Americans content, uninformed and ignorant.

"For the best thing to do when it is raining, is let it rain" Somebody

As for gullible, I don't think so. I think if anything most Americans are skeptical.

"Don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out" Somebody

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

that is the dumbest survey ever got a 71, but still dumbest ever

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

91. what do i win?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I got a 94 just by guessing what the crazy assholes wanted you to answer.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

That test was obvious as fuk.