TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Anyone With DirecTV? $20 OFF Month Save $ 4 Sports!

I just called DirecTV. Was looking for a better deal. Seems like they are giving this promotion off to most customers. My contract expired and I was paying $68.99 for Total Choice Extra Classic. I said my money is kind of tight and I currently have Comcast Internet at home. I was thinking of switching to Comcast for cable TV as well. They promised me a bundled rate for $49.99 good for 6 months. Is there anything you could do for me?

The guy didn't even hesitate. Which leads me to believe they are doing this for a lot of their customers. Sir, I can offer you $20 off each month for 1 year. That would save you $240 for the next 12 months.

My response... let's do that.

Hope this helps you guys out! Football season... right around the corner!

inter1097
    inter1097's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5861

Sunday Ticket's $199 this year too. Not the $300+ it's been the previous few years

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by inter1097 View Post
    Sunday Ticket's $199 this year too. Not the $300+ it's been the previous few years

Threaten to quit and they will give you a better rate once a year. They should, they raise their prices constantly. They have you over a barrel if you want satellite, Dish tv is constantly dropping channels presently they are considering dropping two or three more.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Retention rate.

My contract has been expired for a few years now. I may call and do this. I did it with Sprint a long time ago, and it worked as well.