RAPISTburger84
    RAPISTburger84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Odds that God exists...

Odds that God exists...

What am I? An idiot? Of course God doesn't exist!

No, God doesn't exist -4000

Yes, God exists... +2500

Thoughts???
    Last edited by RAPISTburger84; 05-28-12 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Give me no for the max...It's like asking if Jesus or the Bible are real or just made of documents and character....It's all a scam... Weak-minded people want something to believe in and all that garbage gives those kinds of people hope.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Is there some sort of higher power that we have no way of ever comprehending? Who knows.

Is there a being that created us, watches us, answers prayers, makes conscience desisions that shape our lives and gives us everlastig life in heaven? Hell no.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, there is a God.... b/c a stalker poster of mine was on Spurs -5.5 last night.

I said right before the buzzer: "God, you put that big backdoor dick right in crustyme's ass for the non-cover.... and I will go to church and start singing Gospel with the Aunt Jemimas down on the 5th avenue downtown church"

.... AND THEN??? ...... BANG!!!! AT THE BUZZER BY HARDEN!!!

I jumped and yelled, "Halleyluyah!!!"

Thank you, Jesus!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Give me no for the max...It's like asking if Jesus or the Bible are real or just made of documents and character....It's all a scam... Weak-minded people want something to believe in and all that garbage gives those kinds of people hope.

religion is a ploy by the ruling class to keep the peasants in line by thinking there was a reason for not causing problems in their lives

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

I'm not religious but I'd have to say, YES!!

God = Elohim = Those who came from the sky....

I highly doubt we are alone in the Universe ...

ShawNee922

Do you believe Julius Caesar existed??

There is said to be more circumstantial evidence of the existence of Jesus than there is that Caesar walked the Earth.

ShawNee922

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

religion is a ploy by the ruling class to keep the peasants in line by thinking there was a reason for not causing problems in their lives

Religion is an ET(god/elohim) instilled virus meant to help destroy humanity ...

There have been more people killed in the name of "GOD" than by any other single element ...

Earth is a war economy fueled by money ... The Church has plenty enough to fill the tank ...

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I would take no just to hedge! but I'm catholic so I say yes but bet no to hedge

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by ShawNee922 View Post
    Do you believe Julius Caesar existed??

There is said to be more circumstantial evidence of the existence of Jesus than there is that Caesar walked the Earth.
    No, I don't believe he ever existed either. He sounds like a ... if you ask me...both seem like real ....
    It's all fabrication and a bunch of BS.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

It just shocks me how many suckers there are in this world... Most people are very weak-minded and need something to believe in.. Religion is just brainwashing and they need and want something to believe in, it gives the weak-minded people hope. You get it, most people don't.... You gotta love guys like Benny Hinn!!

flyingillini

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Points Awarded:

flyingillini gave darkhat 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

Dutch
    Honky Lips

???

That's never been said by anyone with any credibility.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

People who dispute the existance of God or a higher being are just as dumb as those who believe in it. The only truth is that none of us have a fckin clue. Science doesn't explain everything, neither does the bible. All we can do is enjoy the time we have here and take responsiblity for our own actions. Waiting for some higher being to tell us what to do or how to live, or berating those who choose that path is just a waste of time. People will always believe in stupid shit, and there will be wars regardless if it's over religion or money or something else. So what if religion is used to control people... so is the media and pop culture. At least religion attempts to teach good social morals. People will always seek out stupid shit to believe in because it makes them feel unique while still feeling apart of a team without ever having to think for themselves. It's human nature. All you have to do is look at high school to get a good microcosm of the world. A bunch of stupid cliques who categorize themselves one way or another and then look down upon other cliques who don't think like them. If you sit here and bash religion you are just part of another clique. You look just as stupid (to me) as people who believe in magical angels who save our souls and fly us up to heaven (or send us to hell if we are bad).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chilidog, and Gonad

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

You tell 'em, Illini. We should all strive to be as strong-minded and sensible as you. Wasn't it you who advised the 27-year-old kid with the drinking and gambling problem to start taking heroin?! Who needs a God when we have you to lead us.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Define God

ShawNee922

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    ???

That's never been said by anyone with any credibility.
    Credibility can be debated ... I'm not claiming it.

Not including Bible sources, the following people wrote about Jesus:

* The Jewish historian Josephus (A.D. 37-100)

*Pliny the Younger, imperial Roman Legate of Bythynia - in a letter to Emperor Trajan in A.D. 112

*Tacitus - the important Roman historian

*Suetonius - a Roman historian who compiled a biography of the first twelve Roman emperors in his "Life of Claudius"

*Thallus and Julius Africanus in A.D. 52

*Mara bar Serpion
    Last edited by ShawNee922; 05-29-12 at 02:53 PM.

ShawNee922

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Define God
    " Those who came from the sky ... " Plural

ShawNee922

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    You tell 'em, Illini. We should all strive to be as strong-minded and sensible as you. Wasn't it you who advised the 27-year-old kid with the drinking and gambling problem to start taking heroin?! Who needs a God when we have you to lead us.

ShawNee922

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    There is no doubt " Jesus " lived ... His divinity can be debated but not the FACT that he walked the Earth.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Yes, #4 heroin would do the lad some good. It will open his eyes to a whole new world.

guitarjosh

" Those who came from the sky ... " Plural
    There could be good odds a God exists then. imagine if there was another species like us that followed the same general evolutionary track but had a 100,000 year head start.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

Credibility can be debated ... I'm not claiming it.

Not including Bible sources, the following people wrote about Jesus:

* The Jewish historian Josephus (A.D. 37-100)

*Pliny the Younger, imperial Roman Legate of Bythynia - in a letter to Emperor Trajan in A.D. 112

*Tacitus - the important Roman historian

*Suetonius - a Roman historian who compiled a biography of the first twelve Roman emperors in his "Life of Claudius"

*Thallus and Julius Africanus in A.D. 52

*Mara bar Serpion

Are you serious? An absurdly small list, and a list that can be easily picked a part. Letters written a hundred years after Jesus died, some might have been written 300 yrs later, are being used as proof? Wtf?

To say "There is said to be more circumstantial evidence of the existence of Jesus than there is that Caesar walked the Earth." is a joke. The credibility of someone who says otherwise can not be argued.

There is no doubt " Jesus " lived ... His divinity can be debated but not the FACT that he walked the Earth.

Much doubt has been raised about the actual existence of Jesus.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

It just shocks me how many suckers there are in this world... Most people are very weak-minded and need something to believe in.. Religion is just brainwashing and they need and want something to believe in, it gives the weak-minded people hope. You get it, most people don't.... You gotta love guys like Benny Hinn!!

common flyer....you might have the god nonsense figured out but dont mess with my guy benny!

Onefreedm1nd
    Onefreedm1nd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

2:1

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Are you serious? An absurdly small list, and a list that can be easily picked a part. Letters written a hundred years after Jesus died, some might have been written 300 yrs later, are being used as proof? Wtf?

To say "There is said to be more circumstantial evidence of the existence of Jesus than there is that Caesar walked the Earth." is a joke. The credibility of someone who says otherwise can not be argued.

Much doubt has been raised about the actual existence of Jesus.
    No one wrote about Pontius Pilate until around 100 AD

Koldazzice

Dude jesus definitely existed and did crazy shit. We started the world time over because of him! your living in 2012 AD think about it - I'm not saying there is a higher power / heaven although I believe there is but Jesus obviously did some crazy shit -

enough shit where people were like ok time/dates will be counted on his watch now....

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    Dude jesus definitely existed and did crazy shit. We started the world time over because of him! your living in 2012 AD think about it - I'm not saying there is a higher power / heaven although I believe there is but Jesus obviously did some crazy shit -

enough shit where people were like ok time/dates will be counted on his watch now....
    This dating system was devised in 525, but was not widely used until after 800, so no idea how that proves he lived more likely made up by the church to kettle people in line so tithes would be paid to the biggest scam of all time

Dutch
    Honky Lips

[QUOTE=Koldazzice;14898144]Dude jesus definitely existedQUOTE]

There's no definite proof Jesus existed.

There is definite proof that 100 yrs or so later people started telling stories of a man named Jesus and people began to follow common sense teachings that were attributed to him, these people grew in number to the point that powerful people began to take notice and used these people to create the wealthiest and most powerful cult the Earth has ever seen.

Having said all that, a man who preached love and walked it and talked it probably really existed. Was his name some form of the name Jesus? Maybe, maybe not. Did he defy the laws of physics and nature by performing miracles and doing "crazy shit"? Of course not.

It reminds me of a show I saw, Decades ago they dug up some graves and found a man who was well over 7 ft tall, probably had glandular problems or gigantism or some shit....The same region they found the grave in is the same region that produced the tall tale of a man who was so tall he could chop down a tree with one swing of the ax and was named Paul Bunyon.

Was there a man who was taller and stronger than all the rest? Probably. Named Paul? Maybe, maybe not. Could he chop a tree in one swing? Of course not.
    Last edited by Dutch; 05-29-12 at 10:20 PM.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

God exists.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Give me yes +2500 for the max.

Koldazzice

great show on history channel called decoded - they need to get on it!

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I think most religious folks are hedging their bets that there just might be something after this life. Seems to me that athiests have WAY MORE faith to say there is DEFINITELY nothing more. Who knows, maybe they're right... but then again, it just might be possible that the atheist is wrong and by the time they discover their mistake it could be too late. I choose to believe because I love the concept of grace. But to each his own and I never fault anyone for being skeptical and searching for their own truth.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

my odds:

yes -1000000000
    no -1000000000

arguments about religion are as logical as my odds

12 Last