ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Rachel Maddow - Equal pay for Males vs Females?

Gimme a fuckin break. As it is, being a caucasian male sucks. Need a minority, not gonna hire me. Need a female, not gonna hire me.

How much more do u want? You really want a woman to get CEO pay if they're going to be taking 3 year-long breaks to have kids? Cut the shit.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

she is the PickWinnerAllDay of television

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

dont you 2 have jobs?

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

I can see the equal pay argument, and in many cases these days a woman does do a mans job just as well as a man - but the equality needs to go both ways, so if they want equal pay then they should also be equal in terms of everything else, and specifically in regards to retirement age so would have to retire at the same age men get to retire, and not a few years earlier as it is now (in the UK anyway).

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

LOL. at you bitching about being a white male. my god, some people don't know how great they have it.

I really don't understand how you can complain or be against equal pay. Still today this day they get 0.77 on the dollar of what men get, and you think that's fair because they get a few weeks off? A-lot of the time now its only paid for the first few weeks, if at all. Then they can still get extra weeks with no pay

but that is besides the point since most business women are not having kids. america would be at a declining population growth if it wasn't for immigration and latinos

I can't really stand any of the msnbc hosts besides Maddow, she is by far the smartest host on TV. That goes for the left and right.

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would re-up on white male any day of the week
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    in regards to retirement age so would have to retire at the same age men get to retire, and not a few years earlier as it is now (in the UK anyway).
    not that way in the united states.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I had a fukking vagina, I'd be a millionaire before I'm 20..... a billionaire before 30.... and then my vaginal earning capacity would be greatly diminished.

The best thing of all is to be a hot chick with a hot, juicy vagina. This is the best bet.

This trumps white male 8 days a week.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Chicks want everything equal until it comes time to pay the tab or fukkin bills. Then it's gimme gimme and pay up asshole.

Half ass backward whore shit.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    If I had a fukking vagina, I'd be a millionaire before I'm 20..... a billionaire before 30.... and then my vaginal earning capacity would be greatly diminished.

The best thing of all is to be a hot chick with a hot, juicy vagina. This is the best bet.

This trumps white male 8 days a week.

You have a really twisted view of life.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    LOL. at you bitching about being a white male. my god, some people don't know how great they have it.

I really don't understand how you can complain or be against equal pay. Still today this day they get 0.77 on the dollar of what men get, and you think that's fair because they get a few weeks off? A-lot of the time now its only paid for the first few weeks, if at all. Then they can still get extra weeks with no pay

but that is besides the point since most business women are not having kids. america would be at a declining population growth if it wasn't for immigration and latinos

I can't really stand any of the msnbc hosts besides Maddow, she is by far the smartest host on TV. That goes for the left and right.
    I am in favor of women in government jobs getting the same pay as men doing the exact same government job (although this is next to impossible to actually enforce...what about seniority? what if the one is just a flat out better employee than the other?). I don't believe the government has the right to tell a private business who to hire or what to pay its employees, however.

Suppose a local bar owner refuses to hire minorities simply due to their ethnic backgrounds; as deplorable as I think that is, I do not believe the government has the right to tell him/her not to do that. The free market is the answer here. If I got word of the bar's racist hiring practices, I would simply decide not to be a customer of that bar, and I'm sure many others would do the same.

Obviously employee pay is not something that is always public information, so some companies might be able to get away with unfair pay, but at the same time, enforcing an equal pay law is virtually impossible anyway, for the reasons listed above. Employees talk to each other about how much they make all the time, so if unfair pay is widespread enough in an organization, it would eventually get out amongst job seekers, and the best female candidates would look for work elsewhere, resulting in that organization losing out on future successes. It is unfortunately true that societies move slowly when it comes to overcoming prejudice and inequality, but, given time, the free market does work and does provide an ethical alternative to government intervention into a private business' hiring practices, which I believe to be unethical.