frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Anyone ever got a speeding ticket when your weren't even speeding?

Got one a few weeks ago. Straight up BS. Normally I'd just pay the fine, and do online traffic school to not get the point. This lying pigclaimed that I was doing 48 in a 35 mph speed trap zone. I knew this dude was lying because my Radar detector picked his @ss up several blocks away, so I was doing 35-38 at most. Two things I knew this dude was flat out making sh1t up! First he showed me his radar gun that I was doing 48, when I knew damn right possibly barely hit 40 with my radar beeping. And secondly, I knew this guy never even clocked my car, because my Radar never went full blast on alert like it always does, and I've been clocked hundreds of times.

Going to do a written trial by declaration, and hope this pig doesn't respond and get a default. These cops will show up to court because they get paid OT for it, but they don't get paid to submit the report.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Twice by the same cop in 3 weeks in the same spot each time. Jerkoff said i was doing 30mph over the speed limit both times and i know for a fact i wasnt, cause even the 2nd time i thought to myself this is were i got pulled over before, better do the limit and whatta ya kno the same fuk pulls me over and hits me hard again. Couldnt believe it.

On the ticket under unit code it said stalker unit. Fked up.

zoo youk

Youll lose no matter what. No sense in even trying to fighting it. Its your word over his. Prosecutor will take cops side everytime

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

I have cop friends and all of them say they just do a visual and write down radar

I got tagged doing 100 in a 65. The officer indicated he used radar. I said I have my radar on and he asked if it was plugged in. I have a Valentine 1, I just chuckled.

I asked him how he felt about me appealing it. He said he had no problem with that and would work with me. I begged him not to give me a ticket and he said the Judge will check the tape and give him hell What a jackoff

It was brutal. Guilty on the magisterial level until we got up to the Court of Common Pleas. Got it dropped down to avoid suspension but paid out the ass (you can't represent yourself), in retrospect I would have just taken the suspension.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Twice by the same cop in 3 weeks in the same spot each time. Jerkoff said i was doing 30mph over the speed limit both times and i know for a fact i wasnt, cause even the 2nd time i thought to myself this is were i got pulled over before, better do the limit and whatta ya kno the same fuk pulls me over and hits me hard again. Couldnt believe it.

On the ticket under unit code it said stalker unit. Fked up.
    I have mine set 6mph over the speed limit via speed control if I am in a 45mph or higher...this last clash with the law, I learned my lesson.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Don't request a trial. Request discovery of all relevant evidence [including the type of radar and when it was last callobrated.

Send your discovery request certified to the officer or pd dept. If nothing is received then ask the judge to dismiss the case because you were unable to prepare for trial.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I'll have to remember qwertvt's "discovery request" course of action with my next speeding ticket... sounds like that just might work!

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Just plead your case. That is why we have a legal system. Better make a solid plead though. Be prepared.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I got a speeding ticket in Indiana once. 87 in a 55. It was 32 over so I was worried I could possibly lose my license. Mandatory court appearance. Drove the 7 hours to the court house in bumfukk nowhere and my cop wasn't there and judge was like, reset court date to like 2 weeks later.

I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just drove 7 hours and took a day off work. These people are all incompetent and crooked. Just took the 4 points on my driver's record since I wasn't going to go through all of that shit. To have an out of state resident show up to court and then just try to reschedule? What stupid shit.

The worst is traffic court leech lawyers who try to worry you and send you letters saying that your 10-15 MPH speeding ticket could make you lose your license so you pay for their services.

qwertvt

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Just plead your case. That is why we have a legal system. Better make a solid plead though. Be prepared.
    Don't plead anything if you don't have too. The burden is on the state - not you. If you have to argue, then you need the relevant information to the case.

PickWinnerAllDay

Sad thing is I'm 24 and probably have more speeding tickets here than anyone.

Submitting all my law school applications with an essay explaining why I have so many speeding tickets was fun.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

I've only had one speeding ticket in my 20+ years driving, 70 km in a 40 km

Over here they give a 12 km/h grace, even in the 40 km/h zones

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    I've only had one speeding ticket in my 20+ years driving, 70 km in a 40 km

Over here they give a 12 km/h grace, even in the 40 km/h zones
    Over here, broke states turn every road into a speed trap.

I can't drive through North Carolina without getting a speeding ticket. Stupid assholes.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Over here, broke states turn every road into a speed trap.

I can't drive through North Carolina without getting a speeding ticket. Stupid assholes.
    Then don't speed. I usually stay within 10 over the limit. If I'm in unfamiliar territory, I stay closer to the limit. Over you can't renew your licence plate sticker unless fines are paid.

qwertvt

Sad thing is I'm 24 and probably have more speeding tickets here than anyone.

Submitting all my law school applications with an essay explaining why I have so many speeding tickets was fun.
    Speeding is no big deal when applying to law school.

If you are applying to law school just pay for a ticket. It's no big deal since its a civil violarion. The bar looks more at needless litigation or exploits of the legal system.
    Last edited by qwertvt; 04-27-12 at 12:18 AM.

PickWinnerAllDay

Then don't speed. I usually stay within 10 over the limit. If I'm in unfamiliar territory, I stay closer to the limit. Over you can't renew your licence plate sticker unless fines are paid.
    That is fine to say... but when you have a 4 hour road trip and a fast car, it happens. I usually don't intend to speed but a couple interstate stretches it is straight as an arrow with no traffic and they'll set it at 55. It is torture to go even 65.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    Speeding is no big deal when applying to law school.

If you are applying to law school just pay for a ticket. It's no big deal since its a civil violarion. The bar [TABLE_COL][/TABLE_COL]looks more at needless litigation or exploits of the legal system.
    I'm sure they don't decline kids with speeding tickets, hell, I saw one law school let in a convicted murderer... but a couple of law school applications asked for an additional essay explaining all incidents of traffic violations. It was a long essay.

sickler
    Facade 101

That is fine to say... but when you have a 4 hour road trip and a fast car, it happens. I usually don't intend to speed but a couple interstate stretches it is straight as an arrow with no traffic and they'll set it at 55. It is torture to go even 65.
    I did most of my speeding when I was younger. Guess I was lucky not to get nailed more than the one time. I had to commute to work via the highway, I had a fast camaro, would regularly do 130-140 in a 100 km/h zone. Never was pulled over on that highway

Extra Innings

Over here they put you in jail

Dr. J Trotter
    Dr. J Trotter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 195

Don't request a trial. Request discovery of all relevant evidence [including the type of radar and when it was last callobrated.

Send your discovery request certified to the officer or pd dept. If nothing is received then ask the judge to dismiss the case because you were unable to prepare for trial.
    Sharp post here. Also requesting discovery will postpond the trial to a later date. Postponing is ALWAYS a good thing when it comes to the court system.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Over here they put you in jail
    No wonder your prisons are overcrowded, jail for mickey mouse stuff

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

You need a badge

zoo youk

it'll never work. the whole "challenge the cop and make sure his radar was calibrated" is all bs. that shit doesn't fly. at least around here it doesn.t
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings