zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

OT: has anyone own/owned Tiger Barb fish? help.

I have had literally 10 die on me in last 2 weeks. I sent my water to PETCO for testing and all the levels are fine, nobody knows what the problem is. after a while the Barbs will go to the type of the tank circle around, like they are sniffing the top of the water but they are actually gasping for air. they do this until they eventually end up dying. I put an oxygen pump in there as well and its still no hope.

I really want to get more cause those fish are awesome and a blast to watch but I am not trying to have anymore die. its mind boggling.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a sign of stress. What size tank do you have? Also your lighting could be a issue. I had fresh and salt water aqauriams most of my life even though its been a while. pm me and hopefully i can help out

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    This is a sign of stress. What size tank do you have? Also your lighting could be a issue. I had fresh and salt water aqauriams most of my life even though its been a while. pm me and hopefully i can help out
    I have a 10 gallon tank...I started off with 3 barbs......and gradually progressed to 6...I will shoot you a PM later as im off for easter stuff...if you have any insight be sure to post. thanks man!