Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

My 3rd friend just lost his child...

I just don't know how you have the strength to bury a child. This is now my 3rd friend in the last 2 years to bury a child. I just found out she passed. She was 16. My other friends lost an 8 year old son and a 14 year old son.

I am so bummed out right now. Each time this has happened I still wonder how they get through it.

I am at a loss for words. What do you say to someone that lost his only child and little girl....

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

sounds like hell....thats the worst....what happened? gotta be even more difficult when its an only child and there is prob no shot at having more

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

im 5 years out of high school and have heard of 2 people i went to high school passing. Even not having a deep relationship with either one its very sad. I wouldnt know what to say if it was a friends kid too. Thats even worse. How did they pass? Was it like car accident/tragic event of that sort or of another sort?

dogthebountyman
    dogthebountyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

tell them to make another one.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

you rank your friends?

Living The Dream

She had cystic fibrosis. She had a collapsed lung about 3 months ago and has been fighting it. This girl raced a junior dragster and won the championships every year. She was amazing. She and her father went on a hunting trip a couple years ago and actually hunted with Tony Stewart and have a great picture with him in their hunting gear.

This girl accomplished more in her short time than a ton of people I know over many years...

I am heartbroken for his family

Living The Dream

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    you rank your friends?
    What in the fukk is this supposed to mean you pos.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    She had cystic fibrosis. She had a collapsed lung about 3 months ago and has been fighting it. This girl raced a junior dragster and won the championships every year. She was amazing. She and her father went on a hunting trip a couple years ago and actually hunted with Tony Stewart and have a great picture with him in their hunting gear.

This girl accomplished more in her short time than a ton of people I know over many years...

I am heartbroken for his family
    thats really terrible....there has to be a way to see if each potential parent has the CF gene in them before they create right? i might have to do that if i end up having kids with my girl......that is so unforunate....

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

3 funerals in 2 years is dam good if you grew up in the streets... Try going to 3 funerals in the same day.

I can name over 2 dozen friends that didn't make it to 18.

Sorry to hear about this and I'm not trying to minimize your loss because it sucks and I really hope the family finds strength in such a difficult time.

Unfortunately, none of us will get out of here alive...

Living The Dream

I think there is a way, but its not something you really think about unless it comes up... Like now

Living The Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    3 funerals in 2 years is dam good if you grew up in the streets... Try going to 3 funerals in the same day.

I can name over 2 dozen friends that didn't make it to 18.

Sorry to hear about this and I'm not trying to minimize your loss because it sucks and I really hope the family finds strength in such a difficult time.

Unfortunately, none of us will get out of here alive...
    I do understand what you are saying, but losing a child... I can't even fathom it

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Sorry, man. That sux.

Hang tough. You and your buddy will get thru it.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    I think there is a way, but its not something you really think about unless it comes up... Like now
    Isnt this what the human genome project was suppose to conclude? A map of every gene in your body and be able to detect if your born with X disease or have X more % likely hood of obtaining X disease.

I think stem cell research is based off this. Although its not technology freely published. I bet the wealthy know if their child is born with polio.