CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Attn: jjgold - new baldness breakthrough - thoughts?

baldy look at this news that came out today!:

Cure for baldness? Researchers identify scalp chemical that stops hair growth

<cite class="byline vcard">By Dylan Stableford | The Sideshow – <abbr title="2012-03-22T14:39:06Z">6 hrs ago</abbr></cite>

Researchers at the Univ. of Pennsylvania say they have identified the scalp chemical that stops hair from growing, and believe it may finallyfinally!lead to the elusive cure for male pattern baldness.
    The scientists found that a protein called PDG2 was three times as prevalent on the scalps of balding men. (PDG2-blocking drugs are already being tested by researchers working on alternative treatments for asthma, so they're hopeful testing for baldness can be expedited.)
    The news was met with joy in England, where an estimated 7.4 million men are bald or balding.
    "Excitingly," the Daily Mail reported, "drugs that block the protein have already been developed for other purposes, meaning a hair restoring lotion or potion could be on the market in under five years."
    "The nice thing about dermatology and hair loss in general is that you can take compounds that maybe are being used as a pill and put them in a topical formulation," Dr. George Cotsarelis, who authored a study on the findings, told the paper. "When you apply this to the scalp, you would allow hair to grow."
    But the George Costanzas of the world should note: In 2008, Cotsarelis told the "Today" show that, after a similar lab discovery, a marketable cure was "possible within a few years."
    Until then, men will undoubtedly continue to resort to expensive treatments for hair loss and regrowth. According to In Touch, actor Tom Cruise wears a "helmet-like device"the $699 "Hands Free Hair Rejuvenator"for 25 minutes a day to stave off hair loss.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

England should be more worried about their teeth.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Loshak, you are bald fukk too.....I bet you will have a JJ style horseshoe head within a couple of years.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Tom Cruise was going bald?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

not new news on hair loss forums, old news

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    Loshak, you are bald fukk too.....I bet you will have a JJ style horseshoe head within a couple of years.
    hey a*shole,

I KNOW I'M BALD OK???? thats why i fukin notice when these news stories come out ok???

and i probably will not have a jj horseshoe in 2 years you fukk!! i mean sure bald spot probably get bigger and sides recede more but a lot of guys like jack nicholson kind of just stay partially bald forever not everyone goes horseshoe YOU FUK!

and DO NOT LAUGH at my plight and jj's plight and the plight of many others on here it is NOT EASY TO DEAL WITH!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

They would have discovered a cure for baldness 10 years ago if stem cell research was funded. Great news nevertheless.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

very true about stem cell , imagine me with a bad heart , well anyhow, I feel for guys going bald or that are already there . I was 16 and swore I would lose my hair looked in the mirror for years sweating it 40 years later never went bald. I pray for all these poor guys you will grow great hair with this new drug.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    very true about stem cell , imagine me with a bad heart , well anyhow, I feel for guys going bald or that are already there . I was 16 and swore I would lose my hair looked in the mirror for years sweating it 40 years later never went bald. I pray for all these poor guys you will grow great hair with this new drug.
    Curing balding is just the tip of the iceberg Dominater.

The US is so far behind other countries in stem cell research due to our lack of providing funds to a much needed industry. I think we could have made big leaps in curing heart diseases, alzheimer, and other brain deficiencies if stem cell would have gotten more funding ten years ago. I'm pretty sure the pharmacuetical industry played a big role in suppressing it since they dont want cures, just expensive "band aids" for your issue.

I'm starting to thin out in the hair dept so hopefully they'll have the cure within the next few years

Best of Luck.

bertgould
    bertgould's Avatar Become A Pro!

Researchers have observed that there are dormant stem cells in balding areas, and all they need is a little stimulation in order to grow new hair.
    Hair follicles work in stages, continuously cycling through growth, rest and regrowth, and there are times when hair can become very long - http://baldness.webs.com Baldness occur when the follicles thin out and regrowth decreases. With baldness, stem cells are present on the scalp, but they are deficient, unable to produce progenitor cells to generate hair

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

hey a*shole,

I KNOW I'M BALD OK????
    hey, I'm 54, can't be helped

One mitigating factor: EXCESS TESTOSTERONE ARRRRGH CRADLE ME BALLS