DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

wow, oh shit, its got to be one of the worst things that could happenn I had my rocky for a long time it is so sad. for many guys they are your best friends, they help you get through things and will always be there for you . If you can get another that will really help good luck and r.i.p. DUKE.

LordCC
    LordCC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4241

I am sorry to hear about your loss & have gone through something similar in the past with 2 cats. However, I have a coocker spaniel that will be 18 on Easter. He is slowing down very fast, hearing is pretty much gone etc, but still loves to eat like a horse. He may be on his last 4 holes, and when that time comes, it will hurt like a kick in the balls I am sure.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Thanks everyone. This dog was a trip. When my family would go on a vacation, my mom would watch him and he would be so upset we left him he wouldn't eat for days... He was also a dog I rarely had on a leash. He stayed right by my side. Kids are getting home soon from their practices, not looking forward to this. It's going to be like going through it all over again when they all get upset...

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Sorry for your loss. Many dogs have better personalities than most humans and Duke looks like he was a mischievious fun loving dog. I bet he brought many years of laughter and love to you but I know that never tops the 1 day of losing him............in time it will though.

Living The Dream

Life sometimes sucks...

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

I'm sorry for your loss I dunno what I'd do without my little jack russell terror.

Living The Dream

Having a rough night with the kids. Gonna be a long weekend. Think I need to take them somewhere and do something to get their mind off it.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Sorry for your loss, I know the pain all to well. Maybe in time you will entertain the idea of a new dog.

Team Ramrod
    Team Ramrod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    Feeling very depressed. He was 11, which is extremely long for a bulldog. Bums me out though, been through a major relationship change, a marraige and a baby during his life. Have great pictures of him with my older kids when they were young.

It really sucks that we get so close to an animal that will only be there a short time in the scope of everything.
    I feel your pain. My dog Sadie of 15 years died 10 days ago. And its been pretty rough. I have taken it harder than my kids have. As of right now I have no desire to get another dog cuz I know the bond wont be there like it was with her.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

sorry for your loss man. 11 years is long time especially for an english bulldog. I have always always wanted one since I was around 15 (and Im sure I will hopefully get one, 1 day) they are the best looking puppys out of any breed IMO but Ive just been scared away cause i've heard so many stories about them having stomach problems and also breathing/slobbering problems because of the way their mouth/nose is formed.

you were very lucky to have him/her for 11 years! stay strong for the kids.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

sorry to hear sir, hang in there

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23777

Truly sorry, all the best to you
    and your family. Nothing better
    then a dog. He was lucky to be
    with you. Take Care.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I know the feeling.

Lost my little buddy 2 years ago.

Dogs become part of your family.....Hang in there,man

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Man so sorry for your loss. My cat got sick last week and me and wife went bat shit.She is fine now but old(14).Glad to have her every day.

clynnm17
    clynnm17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

i went through your pain a year ago. Very rough month for me. Just know that he lived a good life! Only time will hear your wounds. I still think about mine everyday. So weird right before I got online. I was folding up my blanket and thought of him saying in my head " ole Sham loved this blanket " Hang tough my friend!

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Hang in there buddy. I have an english bulldog that is gonna turn 8 in March. I really love her and I'm gonna hate when she dies, she looks like to be running outta breath quicker than she used to. Add that to a hot Summer and I'm starting to get worried.

Detox
    Detox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    Feeling very depressed. He was 11, which is extremely long for a bulldog. Bums me out though, been through a major relationship change, a marraige and a baby during his life. Have great pictures of him with my older kids when they were young.

It really sucks that we get so close to an animal that will only be there a short time in the scope of everything.
    That sucks man. Sorry for your loss.

cp390hdog
    cp390hdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Our dog passed 2 years ago at the young age of 8. We got our kids a puppy a few weeks after and it really helped the healing. Gd luck.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

It's a tough loss and it's like losing one of your kids. You get so close to them and they mean the world too you. I have a 9 year old chocolate Lab who is my shadow and pray he has at least another 5-6 years in him. I feed him the best dog food, plenty of exercise, and love. I would also be a basket case when his time is up. Could not imagine life without him. Hang in there and be strong in front of the kids as hard as that sounds.

ODDmaster
    @In God We Trust
    ODDmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

That was realy nice dog, sorry for your loss out

First 12