smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I just watched the TV miniseries "Roots"

Some low down shit whitey use to do back in the day. My best advice to all white people is to never bring up the series Roots with a black person in your presence. If a black person brings up the subject of Roots while in your presence just pretend you didn't here him or just say the quote "Man, fuk them white people". I don't give a fuk if this black person is your best friend, no talking about Roots.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

My favorite character was Kunta kinte or was it Toby Waller

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    My favorite character was Kunta kinte or was it Toby Waller
    Man that was some fuked up shit. Can't believe I hadn't watch this series before now but now I kind of wish I didn't.

smoke a bowl

My compassionate side really hopes it wasn't that bad but the logical side of me figures they depicted the times fairly accurately unfortunately.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Black people in our country have benefitted greatly from the hardships of their ancestors.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Some low down shit whitey use to do back in the day. My best advice to all white people is to never bring up the series Roots with a black person in your presence. If a black person brings up the subject of Roots while in your presence just pretend you didn't here him or just say the quote "Man, fuk them white people". I don't give a fuk if this black person is your best friend, no talking about Roots.

Wasn't any worse than what blackey did to blackey when THEY started the slave trade of their own people.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Wasn't any worse than what blackey did to blackey when THEY started the slave trade of their own people.
    If you can't beat them join them huh?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

definitely, especially when you have a country to fast track.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing like a work of fiction portrayed as a work of fact to propel an agenda.

Overview

One of the most important books and television series ever to appear, Roots, galvanized the nation, and created an extraordinary political, racial, social and cultural dialogue that hadn’t been seen since the publication of Uncle Tom’s Cabin. The book sold over one million copies in the first year, and the miniseries was watched by an astonishing 130 million people. It also won both the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award. Roots opened up the minds of Americans of all colors and faiths to one of the darkest and most painful parts of America’s past.
    Over the years, both Roots and Alex Haley have attracted controversy, which comes with the territory for trailblazing, iconic books, particularly on the topic of race. Some of the criticism results from whether Roots is fact or fiction and whether Alex Haley confused these two issues, a subject he addresses directly in the book. There is also the fact that Haley was sued for plagiarism when it was discovered that several dozen paragraphs in Roots were taken directly from a novel, The African, by Harold Courlander, who ultimately received a substantial financial settlement at the end of the case.
    But none of the controversy affects the basic issue. Roots fostered a remarkable dialogue about not just the past, but the then present day 1970s and how America had fared since the days portrayed in Roots. Vanguard Press feels that it is important to publish Roots: The 30th Anniversary Edition to remind the generation that originally read it that there are issues that still need to be discussed and debated, and to introduce to a new and younger generation, a book that will help them understand, perhaps for the first time, the reality of what took place during the time of Roots.

This "bold . . . extraordinary . . . blockbuster . . ." (Newsweek) begins with a birth in 1750, in an African village; it ends seven generations later at the Arkansas funeral of a black professor whose children are a teacher, a Navy architect, an assistant director of the U.S. Information Agency, and an author. The author is Alex Haley.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any working links?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

A more brutal and realistic depiction of slavery in America is the movie "Goodbye Uncle Tom"

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Any working links?

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

just another device for white guilt produced by jews. nothing to see

Modern day african would give his left testicle or breastses to be in the US. Fact. Blacks a privleged class in US today. Fact.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    just another device for white guilt produced by jews. nothing to see

Modern day african would give his left testicle or breastses to be in the US. Fact. Blacks a privleged class in US today. Fact.
    He wouldn't give his left nut to be in the US as a slave pal.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

can you name one great black city in the world?

I'll wait for the answer.

Thanks.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    can you name one great black city in the world?

I'll wait for the answer.

Thanks.
    What's that got to do with treating people like animals?

baskets

can you answer the question?

most likely not. it requires honesty... the type of cold-blooded honesty required to take an unbiased look at nature and reality.

why is it that 90% of the nba is black... when the majority of the country is white? is it their work ethic, their hard work and blood sweat and tears... ha ha. I'm sure you could answer that question in a heartbeat, couldn't you?

smoke, neither you, this forum, nor the world at large can handle the reality.

baskets

I could give you an unbiased analysis why the forefathers of the United States did what they did, but I do not wish to get in trouble.

So you guys go on with your fantasy arguments and keep believing in Santa Claus.

baskets

and, btw, do you see Jews walking around and running into Germans and going,

"Auschwitz, look what you did to my people" .... and that was less than 100 years ago. Nope, you won't see that happen.

Even real-life living Auschwitz survivors don't cry like a little baby like this thread-maker.

Carry on. Pardon the interruption.

smoke a bowl

Not sure where I cried yo. I just said that I wouldn't be talkin bout no Roots around the colored man is all. Jews and Germans lmSaBao.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

and, btw, do you see Jews walking around and running into Germans and going,

"Auschwitz, look what you did to my people" .... and that was less than 100 years ago. Nope, you won't see that happen.

Even real-life living Auschwitz survivors don't cry like a little baby like this thread-maker.

Carry on. Pardon the interruption.
    actually I've seen that happen

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

HELLyeah i remember watching that sh*t when i was like 1 years old, kunta kinte was MY MAN and i also remember this n**** name chicken george on that show he was also my man

and I was just recently reading about housing projects and the robert taylor homes and sh*t, all them ****as came north and lived in housing projects and then invented soul music and songs like "Inner City Blues" and sh*t

man i LOVE black people, and yeah it is AMAZING i cannot believe the sh*t whitey pulled on them for all those years!

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    actually I've seen that happen
    Word. Me too.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    HELLyeah i remember watching that sh*t when i was like 1 years old, kunta kinte was MY MAN and i also remember this n**** name chicken george on that show he was also my man
    Some powerful shit Carpe. Chicken George was a chicken fighting mother rooster_eater yo.
    Last edited by smoke a bowl; 02-10-12 at 06:36 PM.

sickler
    Facade 101

Goodbye Uncle Tom, streamed.

Not for the squeamish or sensitive

http://www.afrostyly.com/english/afr..._uncle_tom.htm

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LMAO at people who think it was over done. trust me it wasnt close to how bad some of them were treated. Anyone that wasnt white back before we got 'civilized' wasnt human. Period. Indians, Chinese, blacks, etc etc etc all exploited or used as slaves or simply systematically wiped off the face of the Earth.

Now since blacks were property and most people didnt want to lessen the value of their property slaves that acted out or were incorrigible were dealt with in extreme ways. Since they were also bred after awhile a well to do owner with dozens of slaves would do what he could to keep one bad apple from spoiling the whole bunch.

But slaves were treated worse than animals in some cases, especially if they werent useful anymore. So Roots in no way shape or form over did anything, as it is it was probably sugar coated alittle bit.

baskets

can you name one great black city in the world? I'll wait for the answer. Thanks.
    Still haven't answered the question.

Once you answer the question, you'll be able to work your way back in time and come to some conclusions that are, shall we say, Watson-esque.

Or you can delude yourself and try to convince yourself that Kepler, Da Vinci, etc were Sub-Saharans.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LMAO at people who think it was over done. trust me it wasnt close to how bad some of them were treated. Anyone that wasnt white back before we got 'civilized' wasnt human. Period. Indians, Chinese, blacks, etc etc etc all exploited or used as slaves or simply systematically wiped off the face of the Earth.

Now since blacks were property and most people didnt want to lessen the value of their property slaves that acted out or were incorrigible were dealt with in extreme ways. Since they were also bred after awhile a well to do owner with dozens of slaves would do what he could to keep one bad apple from spoiling the whole bunch.

But slaves were treated worse than animals in some cases, especially if they werent useful anymore. So Roots in no way shape or form over did anything, as it is it was probably sugar coated alittle bit.
    Goodbye Uncle Tom is closer to the truth.

Yeah they were treated like animals but that was the mindset back then, at least early slavery

smoke a bowl

can you answer the question?

most likely not. it requires honesty... the type of cold-blooded honesty required to take an unbiased look at nature and reality.

why is it that 90% of the nba is black... when the majority of the country is white? is it their work ethic, their hard work and blood sweat and tears... ha ha. I'm sure you could answer that question in a heartbeat, couldn't you?

smoke, neither you, this forum, nor the world at large can handle the reality.
    What is your definition of a black city?