TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

I have a prescription to both currently and I'd definitely say Xanax is more powerful. Maybe just because It's short acting, but when I take clonopin I barely notice it. I feel nothing pretty much. When I take Xanax I'm in heaven and a good sleep is in my future. I was off it since mid december and just recently got my prescription filled. I'm going to try and switch to something different or get off the meds all together after this go around. I don't want to get too dependent on it. I already can tell my addictive personality loves Xanax and uses it as a crutch to goto sleep sometimes.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

woooooooooooooo, just saw this, 2 **??????????????

awful high dose, try half a milligram and see if it works

clynnm17
    clynnm17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Xanax is great. however, for people like most of us on here with addictive personalities it will literally destroy you. Destroy you like Alabama destroyed LSU. Its alcohol in a pill basically. The withdrawal symptoms are horrible!

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being prescribed klonopin is not something to be proud of....everybody I have ever met who has bad anxiety is messed up in the head

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Wrong !!!!!!!!!

klonopin is actually stronger than xanax.

Benzodiazepine Equivalence Charts
    http://www.dr-bob.org/tips/bzd.html

----------------------Benzodiazepine Dose----------Comparative Time to peak plasma level------------------------Half Life
    Alprazolam----------------.5------------------------------------------------1 - 2-----------------------------------------------9 - 20
    Clonazepam--------------.25-----------------------------------------------1 - 4----------------------------------------------19 - 60

This chart (from the above link) looks for the equivalent dose of a given benzo to equal 5 ** of diazepam (valium).

So, you need .5mg of alprazolam (xanax) to equal 5 ** of valium, but you only need .25 ** of clonazepam (klonopin) to equal 5 ** of valium.

The klonopin is, slower in action. it takes up to 4 hours to reach full effect where the xanax will be in full effect by 2 hours at the latest.

However, klonopin has a much longer half life than xanax, so it will stay in your system longer. The long half life of klonopin is why doctors like it. You are less likely to become addicted to it as you do not need to continually take more klonopin throughout the day to keep anxiety at bay, so you don't get into the habit of "popping pills" and you don't experience break-through anxiety.

As for getting the same feel from klonopin as you get from xanax... there is another reason doctors prefer klonopin and that is that xanax has a mild euphoric effect that klonopin and other benzos do not have. That mild euphoria increases the chance that patients will become habituated to and possibly misuse their medication. So, basically, klonopin is actually stronger than xanax in terms of efficacy, but if what you are looking for is that mild euphoria, (which isn't what benzos are for) you can't replicate that.

lol dude. I dont care what that says or where you got it from. 2mg Xanax bars are much more stronger than Klonopin. ask any doctor.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    Being prescribed klonopin is not something to be proud of....everybody I have ever met who has bad anxiety is messed up in the head
    completely false again. its mainly for people who just get very stressed out easily, or just worry way to much about what others think to the point where it keeps them from being social or stuff like that. its just really insecurities x10.

just cause your on kpin/xanax does not mean your a coo coo bird

Thunders77
    Thunders77's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is being prescribed more and more for panic disorder and GAD.
    I much prefer Xanax (even though strength is supposedly similar per **.), as Xanax seems to help with depression also.

zoo youk

"As for getting the same feel from klonopin as you get from xanax... there is another reason doctors prefer klonopin and that is that xanax has a mild euphoric effect that klonopin and other benzos do not have. That mild euphoria increases the chance that patients will become habituated to and possibly misuse their medication. So, basically, klonopin is actually stronger than xanax in terms of efficacy, but if what you are looking for is that mild euphoria, (which isn't what benzos are for) you can't replicate that."

did you really post that, and not read this paragraph?
    Last edited by zoo youk; 01-20-12 at 11:34 AM.

zoo youk

stronger in terms off EFFICACY ...mean slowly acting and longer half live, lasting all day. you dont feel shit from it.

"As for getting the same feel from klonopin as you get from xanax... there is another reason doctors prefer klonopin and that is that xanax has a mild euphoric effect that klonopin and other benzos do not have."

You take a xanax 2mg bar and your floating. something that klonopin does not do.
    Last edited by zoo youk; 01-20-12 at 11:35 AM.

zoo youk

it all depends on the patient...if someone has panic attacks, than they need xanax. if they often getting stressed very easily and fly off the hinge/anger problems..xanax is the way to go.

if you just have mild stress and no panic attacks and just need help with day to day normal stress, thats what klonopin is for.

as I have already stated a few post back and the article states it as well.

zoo youk

----------------------Benzodiazepine Dose----------Comparative Time to peak plasma level------------------------Half Life
    Alprazolam----------------.5------------------------------------------------1 - 2-----------------------------------------------9 - 20
    Clonazepam--------------.25-----------------------------------------------1 - 4----------------------------------------------19 - 60

and there they are comparing a .5 xanax to a .25 klonopin...of course the results are going to be higher.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

According to the benzo equivalency charts Klonopin is twice as potent as
    Xanax which in turn is ten times as strong as Valium.

Benzodiazepine: --- Approx. ---approx.Dose Equivalent
    ----------------------- Half-Life(hours) - to 5 ** Diazepam*

Alprazolam --------- 14 -------------- .5mg
    Bromazepam ------ 12 -------------- 5mg
    Chlordiazepoxide - 15 -------------- 20mg
    Clobazam ---------- 18 -------------- 15mg
    Clonazepam -------- 35 -------------- .5mg
    Clorazepate ------- 60 --------------- 7.5mg
    Diazepam ---------- 32 ---------------- 5mg
    Flunitrazepam** -- 25 ---------------- 1mg
    Flurazepam --------- 70 ---------------- 20mg
    Lorazepam ---------- 12 ---------------- 2mg
    Nitrazepam ---------- 28 ---------------- 5mg
    Oxazepam ---------- 8 ---------------- 30mg
    Temazepam --------- 10 -------------- 20mg
    Triazolam ------------- 2 -------------- .25mg

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    Dude, stfu.

My wife (now 41) has had panic anxiety attacks for 20 plus years.
    She graduated with an advanced degree from Utica, she knows more sports than half the men, holds down a good assistant job, she just gets panic attacks every now and then, for instance certain parts of the interstate while driving trigger an attack, sometimes, every now and then at the movie theater she will have a panic attack.

Doesn't mean she's an idiot, or can't function a day to day routine, just means she gets attacks every so often.

She's been prescribed everything from xanax to kpin, to attivan, to everything else in between, including meds that have 13 letters in it and no vowels over the past 20 years or so.

She says no denying kpin is the most effective and the strongest out of everything she's been prescribed.

I've tried her xanax, I've tried he kpin, I just know, if I take 1 kpin at 9pm, I am still struggling to get out of bed at 8am the following morning

zoo youk

Dude, once again that chart is for a. 5 xanax and. 25 kpin

O well no sense in bickering over it

zoo youk

Nvm they are both. 5 but this is something we went over already yes thw kpin half life is much longer than xanax, doesnt mean its stronger.

It really all depends on the patient really

zoo youk

Simply put half life is the lenght it stays in your system not the strength. Kpin slowly goes thru your system thru out the day where as xanax u take one and it hits u like a ton of bricks for 3 hours

Btw i completely agree with u in your argument about your wife

stevenash

I personally like the xanax, gets me the sleep I need, but the kpin is too much medicine for me, but love the xanax

First 12