TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 03:39 PM.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

There is no god.

TR88

You think we would be able to live forever in the future ?

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

How did God become the belief of so many? Seriously? How does one sudden believe in nothing and think its true because its in a book? kids are taught to believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny but then people grow up or learn there is no Santa. No Easter Bunny. So, how is God still relevant? I understand people need substance to keep a meaningless life, meaningful. But, seriously. How are you not a wack job praying to no one? Pointing to the sky, saying it was God's work.

Look, if there is a God. Awesome, but i highly doubt. Life will go on. People will fill your shoes when you're gone and the world keeps turning. When they die someone else will fill their shoes.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    My belief is that the Bible has been altered from it's original text. The old testament has been severely altered. The gospels are almost completely false from the original message. The Q'uran is the only message from the almighty which hasn't been changed by mankind to suit mankind's purpose. If you follow the message of Allah and his messenger then your on true guidance. According to my belief.
    The bible was 'edited' to prevent the religion from looking utterly ridiculous in the face of overwhelming evidence that it was mostly tripe. Do all Muslims still believe that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    The bible was 'edited' to prevent the religion from looking utterly ridiculous in the face of overwhelming evidence that it was mostly tripe. Do all Muslims still believe that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve?
    It is the belief of all the abrahamic faiths that mankind are all relative to Adam & Eve.

TR88

Link Not Working - Removed-)

interesting
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 03:39 PM.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

It is the belief of all the abrahamic faiths that mankind are all relative to Adam & Eve.
    So you support incest?

TR88

shout out to all

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Without the human brain to anchor you to this world and this dimension, your soul will be able to achieve its full potential. Your soul may find another body, or you may travel to different dimensions.

You will perceive them in ways you never thought possible, because you will not have the use of your 5 senses anymore.
    Points Awarded:

TR88 gave Masu485 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TR88

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

From a purely scientific standpoint Earth is nothing more than a miniscule clunk or rock dirt and water in a vast eternity of space. And I am just talking about our universe itself.....just imagine if there were multi-verses out there as predicted.

Right now science and astronomy can't explain why our universe is rapidly expanding the way it is or why a Big Bang occurred. "Dark energy" for all we know could be the work of some God.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wish I knew.

Gun to my head I think there is something awaiting us though. I doubt that we just turn into a piece of dead meat and thats it.

Although I have to admit at times this theory has made the most sense to me.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I just have a feeling this is what happens but of course have no evidence. If any of you have ever had a traumatic injury you probably have experienced that while that injury is occurring things happen in slow motion and your senses are increased, causing you to remember sounds, smells, and visual pictures vividly for many years. Well there is no more traumatic injury than dying, and maybe just before death time reduces to an infinitely slow crawl, in which the world around you goes on existing but you and your consciousness exist in a heightened, frozen state.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    I just have a feeling this is what happens but of course have no evidence. If any of you have ever had a traumatic injury you probably have experienced that while that injury is occurring things happen in slow motion and your senses are increased, causing you to remember sounds, smells, and visual pictures vividly for many years. Well there is no more traumatic injury than dying, and maybe just before death time reduces to an infinitely slow crawl, in which the world around you goes on existing but you and your consciousness exist in a heightened, frozen state.
    Hence the saying "My whole life flashed before my eyes"

TR88

Altho I do think something happens after I don't believe in reincarnation and such......

Even if there is one, we won't remember anything, we won't see the loved ones again so reincarnation makes no sense......who knows...

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I can not fathom how so many adult men on here think that 'something happens' when you die.

I had no idea there were so many little pansies on here who believe everything they are told. Grow the fuk up.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

u turn into a sbr point

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Our purpose is to worship our creator. "God" created mankind to worship "God"

He creates us so that we can worship him?

What a needy, boring, self righteous thing to do.

TR88

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenie*nce from it."
    — Mark Twain

quote I found online

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Nobody knows shit period.

mr.ed
    mr.ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4218

I think it will be kinda cool to see old relatives and all, and to float around with wings will be a real blast. But I'm afraid things will get old rather quick, as spending all eternity floating around in the clouds seems kinda boring to me. Hopefully our Lord will provide some amusements for us, such as fun house mirrors, to help us pass the time.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    u turn into a sbr point

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7784

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    When you're gone, you're gone. You turn into dust and bones and that's it. No afterlife, no soul going to heaven or hell.
    lol how confident are you on that? Have you actually died?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Without the human brain to anchor you to this world and this dimension, your soul will be able to achieve its full potential. Your soul may find another body, or you may travel to different dimensions.

You will perceive them in ways you never thought possible, because you will not have the use of your 5 senses anymore.
    It's much easier to say the truth, rather than opinion: "I don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    DMT

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    This could also be explained by the rush of DMT into your bloodstream upon 'death'. Numerous reports of this state that they experienced the white light, their life flashing before their eyes, visions, hallucinations, etc.
    Exactly, your brain is dying by being deprived blood and oxygen I'm sure it malfunctions pretty good right before it dies

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post

Yea without a brain or senses we'll be having a blast

Senses are tha devil!

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

If we did the world a favor and declared all religions against the law ( perhaps the "law" of reason), the first thing that would happen is world-wide warfare would severely decrease. No more insane muslims out there trying to kill as many people as possible to gain immediate entry into heaven with all the virgins as spoils of war ( how can they be so stupid as to believe this?), and no more idiotic Christian Crusades being just as stupid. And, once the little children are not being inculcated with all these ridiculous fairy tales, perhaps people would start using their reasoning ability instead of letting their fear and childhood training rule their lives. Right now, too many people are out there telling everyone else how they need to be acting because God has spoken to them. The problem is God seems to be saying different things to different people. This makes sense tho, since mankind created god in their own image. When these religious fools "hear god", they are only hearing what they believe this god that they have imagined should or would say to them. So we get one idiot saying god told him to kill all non-believers, while another idiot wants us to know god told him to let all non-believers be. It is amazing that this God has never spoken to me, yet half the world claims to know him intimately, speak to him daily, and still two thousand years after the son was sent down to Earth to get this place straightened out, we can't seem to understand his message. Isn't this alone enough to show that man invented god, not the other way around? If there really were an omnipotent God running the show, why can't he get his message down to his people!

bettilimbroke999

God really doesn't like ppl to think or ask questions, if u do either there's an incredibly good chance you're going to burn in hell for the rest of eternity however if u enjoy killing and raping ppl daily until your caught and ask for forgiveness right before they electrocute u then your more than welcome into heaven

Moral of the story is all horrendous criminals go to heaven while all intelligent ppl go straight to hell

Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 12-28-11 at 08:44 AM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Hence the saying "My whole life flashed before my eyes"
    Well what do u expect?

You're about to die and you know it of course you're gonna think about the life you've led you're not going to be a part of anymore, what did u expect ppl to think about whether or not they paid they returned that redbox dvd right before they check out? Oh **** my cc is gonna get charged 25 bucks bc I never got to return Thor...**** me I can't buy a break today

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    From a purely scientific standpoint Earth is nothing more than a miniscule clunk or rock dirt and water in a vast eternity of space. And I am just talking about our universe itself.....just imagine if there were multi-verses out there as predicted.

Right now science and astronomy can't explain why our universe is rapidly expanding the way it is or why a Big Bang occurred. "Dark energy" for all we know could be the work of some God.
    That is plausible but it would still mean a universe which is 13.8 billions years old and which is going to last for going to last for aeons. The proportion of that time of which humans (or any form of life for that matter) exist is tiny.

Such a prime mover would be nothing like the one described in religious texts.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another thread was just started showing three different religious factions fighting over territorial jurisdictions in a Jerusalem church. So there we have three separate sets of holy men, all believing in a single, omnipotent deity. In essence, all three factions work for the same all-knowing, all-powerful boss, yet this boss is unable to get his lackeys to work together.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    It is amazing that this God has never spoken to me, yet half the world claims to know him intimately, speak to him daily, and still two thousand years after the son was sent down to Earth to get this place straightened out, we can't seem to understand his message.
    Why is it okay if I talk to God, but I would be deemed insane (at the very least crazy) if I said that God talks to me and tells me things.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Not to get into a religious discussion but Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all share the same God and another similar prodigy...Abraham. After his life and what happens is where they branch off. Whatever you believe is going to be based on whether or not you care, what your parents told you, or what you have read or tried to find out for yourself. But for the most part 70% of all the people who have ever live have believed in "the God of Abraham". Even people who claim no religion, some believe in "God" and for the most part he is the one they describe. Was a lot more than that until India and China started exploding in population in the past century. Their religions are mostly are Dharmic (Hindu, Bhuddist, Sikh, and Jainis) and Taoic ( Caodaist, Shinto, Taoism, Confucian, and a couple other) based.

All 3 of these major religions have some sort of afterlife scenario. But does the majority agreeing mean anything?

dxunchuk
    dxunchuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    I'm not Muslim but I wouldn't mind 40 virgins.

I dont think someone will think differently

chilidog

Hinduism is the oldest known religion still in practice today. If you're going to choose a religion, shouldn't you go with the oldest one? Why Christianity, which really didn't even start until around 30 CE, or Islam, which came close to 600 years after Christianity started?

The fact of the matter is, every single human civilization that we have known about has worshipped some form of a deity. Whether it be the Sun, the Moon, Greek Gods, Egyptian Gods, or the modern day Gods, they were all worshipped as being "The One". Every single civilization thought that their God was the right one, and was the right way to insure their immortality in the afterlife.

Modern humans practicing their various religions, worshipping their chosen Deity, are no different than previous generations. Why are we suddenly right, and all others were wrong?

First 12345 ... Last