brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

My momma said happiness comes from magic rays of sunshine that shine down on you when your feeling blue.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Yes, he lives in North America, he is American.
    If I meet a guy from Chile and he tells me about himself, he is not going to describe himself as an American.

If I meet two guys from Istanbul who reside on opposite sides of the Bosphorus river, they are not going to tell me they are European and Asian respectively.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post

If I meet a guy from Chile and he tells me about himself, he is not going to describe himself as an American.

If I meet two guys from Istanbul who reside on opposite sides of the Bosphorus river, they are not going to tell me they are European and Asian respectively.
    That is where you are wrong. Many people who reside in South America consider themselves Americans and get annoyed when people act like the title is reserved strictly for people from the United States of America.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

That is where you are wrong. Many people who reside in South America consider themselves Americans and get annoyed when people act like the title is reserved strictly for people from the United States of America.
    You are correct, because there are a few places that teach their citizens that America is one entire continent. The majority of the world believes otherwise. I hear it all the time from Costa Ricans that they are also Americans, but no, they're not. They're North Americans.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

You are correct, because there are a few places that teach their citizens that America is one entire continent. The majority of the world believes otherwise. I hear it all the time from Costa Ricans that they are also Americans, but no, they're not. They're North Americans.
    Alot of the Brazilians that i train with talk about it all the time.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I can honestly say that I have never come across a South American who would refer to themselves as "American" and don't really understand what the annoyance would be. They have a different first language and would refer to you as an estadounidense (don't know the Portuguese equivalent).

Nonetheless even if it is the case that there is this mass of pissed off non USAmericans it still does not follow that you should be telling a Canadian that he should be referring to himself as an American.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post

I can honestly say that I have never come across a South American who would refer to themselves as "American" and don't really understand what the annoyance would be. They have a different first language and would refer to you as an estadounidense (don't know the Portuguese equivalent).

Nonetheless even if it is the case that there is this mass of pissed off non USAmericans it still does not follow that you should be telling a Canadian that he should be referring to himself as an American.
    I never told him he should refer to himself as American. i simply said he lives in America ... North America. He could say he is glad he does not live in the United states ....

Either way, this guy has no life but to Bash the United States ... as if no crime happens anywhere else in the world.... as if Canada did not riot after Stanley Cup ....

I have friends from many different countries, but there are idiots from every country. He is one of them.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    Guys, this place is only about 10 miles from me. Just watching local news, police still on the scene. They said the dude was dressed as Santa, opened all their gifts, and then he killed them all and self. Grapevine is called the Christmas Capital of Texas, this is some weird shit. No record of ever having problems with family. Just hard to fathom shit like this.

this turned out to be a honor killing, Aziz Yazdanpanah, a Muslim, didn't like his daughter's non-Muslim boyfriend and was exhibiting stalker behavior. “She couldn’t date at all until she was a certain age, but when he was going to let her date she couldn’t date anyone outside of their race or religion.”

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Timely bump

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ace_of_spades View Post
    were they mexicans? Sounds like king mayans house.
    this

First 12