daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Cheap College Football Tickets??

More importantly, Stanford tickets? Anyone know where to get some cheap ones? I've looked around but trying to look a little more before I buy them. Wanna go next Saturday the 22nd. Anyone got any hookups?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know if any Staford tickets going to be cheap with the season their having however, you might want to checkout stubhub.

daneault23

Thanks BBD. I just decided Imma go to the game with a few friends and try to get some while walking around. If I can't get any, we'll just go to a bar close by and get hammered and watch the game anyways

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

If you don't mind missing kickoff, ticket prices outside the stadium usually go waaaaaaaay down if you wait 5 minutes after the game starts.

pedro803
    pedro803's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5708

Last saturday I had my normal two Tulane tickets, ...... I went to the grocery store that morning and on the way I thought to myself, 'this is just too much futility, think I'll give myself a pass on today's game and just avoid the pain.' So I left the two tickets under my windshield wiper and went in to do my shopping. When I came back out to the car there were four Tulane tickets under the wiper. Now thats a cheap ticket!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jagaf22

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

^^ Lol that was hilarious.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

Don't use Craigslist bunch of scam artist and cons on that shit. If you live close to the campus hit some students up and ask them to buy you some student section seats

pedro803
    pedro803's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5708

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by pedro803 View Post
    Last saturday I had my normal two Tulane tickets, ...... I went to the grocery store that morning and on the way I thought to myself, 'this is just too much futility, think I'll give myself a pass on today's game and just avoid the pain.' So I left the two tickets under my windshield wiper and went in to do my shopping. When I came back out to the car there were four Tulane tickets under the wiper. Now thats a cheap ticket!

This is great!!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    If you don't mind missing kickoff, ticket prices outside the stadium usually go waaaaaaaay down if you wait 5 minutes after the game starts.
    This guy knows whats up I used to go to disneyland roll up to halo game mid first inning get half off or more, scalpers dont want to take a loss like that.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Don't use Craigslist bunch of scam artist and cons on that shit. If you live close to the campus hit some students up and ask them to buy you some student section seats
    Thats a great idea if Lsu has a night game next year im going to try this.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

the only people who get cheap tickets to the major div 1 football games are students from those schools.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    If you live close to the campus hit some students up and ask them to buy you some student section seats
    Student tickets for big games sold out in minutes around mid august.

All students receive an email in the summer from the school in regards to when football and basketball tickets go on sale, incuding the web site they can be purchased at. Say they go on sale Monday at midnight.
    You then have thousands and thousands of students sitting at their computers and as soon as the clock strikes midnight they all start clicking as fast as they can.
    1 ticket per student ID per game.
    All the major home scheduled games (Michigan vs ND, Bama vs LSU) sell out in minutes. The all the shitty games after that are bought by students, many of which end up on stub hub for big profit.

So if you wanted Stanford vs middle iowa tech then maybe you could find students the night before the game willing to part with their tickets.

Have fun finding a student who will part with his or her tickets vs USC

Marv001
    Marv001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait and get them on craigslist, someone will have a change of plans and sell them cheap to you.

daneault23

My bad guys I forgot to update the situation. The game I went to was two saturdays ago, Stanford vs. Washington. We only saw two guys sellin tickets outside and we got em for $40. We got to sit almost anywhere we wanted and got like 4 rows behind the field goal post. Good idea about waiting for a few mins after kickoff to buy some. Maybe next time I'll try that.