View Poll Results: As a gambler, what religion is closest to ur personal beliefs

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agnostic

12 16.44%
  • Atheist

18 24.66%
  • Buddhism

0 0%
  • Candomble

0 0%
  • Catholic

10 13.70%
  • Christian

23 31.51%
  • Islam

3 4.11%
  • Jedi Knight :-)

1 1.37%
  • Jainism

0 0%
  • Jehovah's Witness

0 0%
  • Judaism

4 5.48%
  • Mormon

0 0%
  • Paganism

1 1.37%
  • Rastafarian

0 0%
  • Santeria

0 0%
  • Shinto

0 0%
  • Sikhism

0 0%
  • Taoism

1 1.37%
  • Unitarianism

0 0%
  • Zoroastrianism

0 0%
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    More christians than any other single faith so far. Feel bad for atheists. You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything. May you find the way through our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
    Topper, isnt gambling classified as a sin within christian beliefs So ur saying that either A)You live in sin or B) ur a christian in theory but a christian 'lite' in practice...

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Catholic.
    My Sur!

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

More christians than any other single faith so far. Feel bad for atheists. You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything. May you find the way through our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Lucky for me I believe in Reason and Logic. I guess that makes me saved.

Burn. And well said too, sir.

"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages."

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

The born again christians turned me atheist.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Islm is the truth.

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Islm is the truth.
    Your religion, alongside the other thousands ever created by humanity are false. But this life is a beautiful one

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baptist

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Nice to see I have some company as a believer in Agnosticism

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

atheist.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Gambling is not a sin in christianity, greed and love of money however are... so in turn many that gamble are sinning because of the reason they are gambling. Never said I was an ideal Christian for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God but I love my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He has gone to bat for me many times in my life and forgives us even with all our shortcomings Every time this topic is brought up Atheists go on the attack its like they need justification for their ridiculous concept of no higher being by attacking those with Faith. "Stupid, in the dark ages, ignorant, etc." These types can not ever admit something is above and greater than them, thing they are witty and enlightened when quite the opposite is true. I have sympathy for them. May they someday be humbled and walk in the light.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Closest to Christian, but not one.
    I don't want some phucked up old man making me miss NFL Sunday football for his opinions-no friggin' way!

But I might read the bible, and have my own opinions which are important to me.
    If I can help it, I never want to roll out of the rack and make it to a mass, early on a Sunday. Not for me.

ACoochy

Gambling is not a sin in christianity, greed and love of money however are... so in turn many that gamble are sinning because of the reason they are gambling. Never said I was an ideal Christian for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God but I love my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He has gone to bat for me many times in my life and forgives us even with all our shortcomings Every time this topic is brought up Atheists go on the attack its like they need justification for their ridiculous concept of no higher being by attacking those with Faith. "Stupid, in the dark ages, ignorant, etc." These types can not ever admit something is above and greater than them, thing they are witty and enlightened when quite the opposite is true. I have sympathy for them. May they someday be humbled and walk in the light.
    preach to the choir son

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    OK. Thanks for the explanantions although I have to say those who call themselves agnostic should make up their minds. They seem like the types that can't commit one way or another.

And how is that a bad thing?

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is the oldest religion in the world not on this poll?

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLOR777 View Post
    Why is the oldest religion in the world not on this poll?
    Sorry Gambler, forgot Hinduism U saying that u r a active practitioner in the art of Hindu? SBR only allows a maximum of 21 options in these polls and it soon became obvious that there are far more than 21 religions...

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Yo Atheists :P. Agnostic thumbs up mofos

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

New Age or Unity Churches being the closest, is the study of the Spirit within. If you consider yourself human you are limiting yourself to them traits. Living as a Spiritual Being I am without limits giving me powers unknown to you. My expertise is playing with energies. When one is in higher vibration, connection is closer to Christ allowing miracles more easily.

I owned 3000 metaphysical books and have had actual experiences unbelievable to you.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Fall for anything? You mean like virgin births and zombies rising from the dead?

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Fall for anything? You mean like virgin births and zombies rising from the dead?
    No more outrageous than believing everything came from absolutely nothing..............

topgame85

At some point you have to admit there was something that led to everything. Track back as far as you want still something came first and created the beginning. The need for atheists to try and discredit and attack believers is sign of their doubt and confusion. The "your dumb because you believe in something you can't prove" argument is old and obnoxious. Atheists can not prove there is no God and I personally know their is one all though it can not be proven in "scientific" means.
    Last edited by topgame85; 08-16-11 at 10:10 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: xxplosive

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

No more outrageous than believing everything came from absolutely nothing..............
    I just never understand why believing in God means Christianity for so many people. I think JC was a good dude but he was no messiah. There were no miracles, he is not the son of God. A bunch of dudes write a book and everyone loses their mind.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Trust me everyone on this board believes in god.. Everyday they pray to God for that game winning score or the game winning defensive stop.

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    I just never understand why believing in God means Christianity for so many people. I think JC was a good dude but he was no messiah. There were no miracles, he is not the son of God. A bunch of dudes write a book and everyone loses their mind.
    Although it eventually always comes back to Faith as the final factor, which I have plenty of, there are things out there for those unsure or who want some type of furthur understanding. I reccomend the book below. Good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Jo.../dp/0310209307

The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus

birdmanweezy
    $$$ Fly In Any Weather $$$
    birdmanweezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

scientologist....not in the poll

ACoochy

Although it eventually always comes back to Faith as the final factor, which I have plenty of, there are things out there for those unsure or who want some type of furthur understanding. I reccomend the book below. Good read. http://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Jo.../dp/0310209307 The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus
    Topper im all 4 personal faith but wheres the critical thinking and independent thought when required?? I hope the book preaches these values as well...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 08-16-11 at 11:25 PM.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

The only gods I believe in and pray to are the gambling gods
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a radical Islamist

That pearl guy knows what I'm talking about

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Topper im all 4 personal faith but wheres the critical thinking and independent thought when required?? I hope the book preaches these values as well...
    Book primarily goes on a scientific approach to the questions of the bible specifically Christ. For many this is something that helps them justify their faith and reinforces or even brings them to faith. If that helps lead you to the lord great, I support it fully. I personally do not NEED that although it is nice to be able to give others the opportunity to explore it from that angle. I certainly am not the luckiest man on Earth s my gambling record has proven many time in the past . Everytime I have had tribulation and gone through tough times or needed to get through anything Faith has been there to help me through and I certainly would not have gotten through many of the things I did by pure chance. Somebody has saved my hyde a lot of times and helped me become a stronger better individual although I am far from perfection. I guess some people have different experiences than others but the situations I have been dealt in the past threatened my life and freedom. I am breathing and free living productively. Neither of which would have been possible without some help from the man upstairs. Atheists believe faith and reason are contradictory notions, they in fact are closely related and both important to grow your understanding and live succesully and happily. Those who just expect God to do everything for them or can't grasp why there is tragedy are those who turn violently against religion.
    Last edited by topgame85; 08-16-11 at 11:43 PM.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by birdmanweezy View Post
    scientologist....not in the poll
    Sorry birdy forgot than one and Hinduism Poll allows a max of 21 options..Appreciate you sharing ur thoughts though

ACoochy

Book primarily goes on a scientific approach to the questions of the bible specifically Christ. For many this is something that helps them justify their faith and reinforces or even brings them to faith. If that helps lead you to the lord great, I support it fully. I personally do not NEED that although it is nice to be able to give others the opportunity to explore it from that angle. I certainly am not the luckiest man on Earth s my gambling record has proven many time in the past but everytime I have had tribulation and gone through tough times or needed to get through anything Faith has been there to help me through and I certainly would not have gotten through many of the things I did by pure chance. Somebody has saved my hide a lot of times and helped me become a stronger better individual although far from perfection.

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The "your dumb because you believe in something you can't prove" argument is old and obnoxious. Atheists can not prove there is no God and I personally know their is one all though it can not be proven in "scientific" means.

topgame85

^ Typical baseless, usless, absurd stuff of atheists. Prove there is not a God.... prove where everything came from if not a supreme being..... where is your "logic" now? I have personally come as close to death as anyone and guess what..... there was no fear because of religion. Even if you believe some obscure chemical reaction exploded and created the universe and over untold billions of years things evolved you still can not explain where the gases came from or how things progressed etc. You can believe whatever you want as a matter of free will that God gave you but the fact you berate other people because you have not found the truth is the proof of your fear, weakness and insecurity. At least agnostics can argue they don't see enough proof either for or against God to make a decision or can not seperate between the gods of seperate religions. They don't however try to berate people or claim they somehow know something that you could not know for fact "that there is not a god." In reality most atheists are atheists because they can not explain personal pain or tragedy they have endured or thye discredit religion because THEY FEAR DEATH and are afraid that they may end up on the wrong side of the fence come judgement day.
    Last edited by topgame85; 08-17-11 at 12:16 AM.

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

^ Typical baseless, usless, absurd stuff of atheists. Prove there is not a God.... prove where everything came from if not a supreme being..... where is your "logic" now?
    Your logic is a false dichotomy. It's the fallacy argumentum ad ignorantiam.

Let's go ahead and apply your illogical nonsense. No one can prove that there aren't invisible gnomes living on the top of your head. Therefore, there are invisible gnomes living on the top of your head.

Can you see why that's illogical?

topgame85

The "if you can't prove it exists then does not exist" argument is the lamest argument available. People could not prove the Earth was round for Centuries.... You can't prove 100% for fact 90% of criminal convictions yet juries send plenty to prison or death row.... You can't prove how many galaxies or planets exist yet it is widely believed there are untold numbers.... You can't prove MANY things yet they do exist and are real. Some it takes time to prove or see exist others are based on looking at what you do have available and coming to a conclusion and some things just are and there is no way to ever prove for certain they are to anyone commited strongly enough to denying the existence. Many have seen the miracles or experienced the blessings and that is all the proof they ever need although for most their faith alone was enough. I am one of these. It is what it is. My real confusion on atheists is why are they so commited to trying to berate or get people to join their non belief? If you don't believe you don't believe.... if that is your unmovable stance then why not keep it to yourself and go o with living out your life...... Those with faith try to bring others to it to save them with eternal life so I get how some can be pushy or whatever although I don't support or believe in that. Someone is not going to come to the Lord by force and it only counts if they willingly accept him so it is not the right approach but I can see why people want to save others. Atheists don't make sense with their angry aggresive approach to religious people however. I don't know what pain or trouble has occured in your life to make you how you are but I suggest forgiving, moving on and having a spiritual awakening.
    Last edited by topgame85; 08-17-11 at 12:37 AM.

First 123 Last