Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Air-betting at SBR?

Seriously. Do you think people around here aren't betting real money. I'm not talking about embelishing, I mean, do you think people who belong to this site just make posts and not put any real money on the game? If there are real "air-bettors", that's pretty pathetic. Say it isn't so. How sad must your life be to belong to this site and not be a real gambler?

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

There is absolutely a small fraction that airbet here. I'd say it's only 3-4% of posters, but generally that small group tend to be "attention whores" and draw all the attention of the forum to themselves.

If you dont think anyone is pathetic enough to just post straight lies all day and draw non-stop attention to themself, then go check out TTwarrior. This guy doesnt airbet, but his behavior is motivated by the same sad & pathetic need for attention.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle, and InTheDrink

Nats' Fan

ehp: that sounds about right to me.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Lets say you actually bet $5,000 on a game. Why would you post a thread about it?

99% of LOCKS, ALL INS, POY, CAN'T LOSE threads are air bets.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i mean someone wouldn't take a random picture of a chick and post it here and say they fuked her... would they pavy?

no someone wouldn't do that so of course no one here airbets.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    There is absolutely a small fraction that airbet here. I'd say it's only 30-40% of posters, but generally that small group tend to be "attention whores" and draw all the attention of the forum to themselves.

If you dont think anyone is pathetic enough to just post straight lies all day and draw non-stop attention to themself, then go check out TTwarrior. This guy doesnt airbet, but his behavior is motivated by the same sad & pathetic need for attention.
    fixed.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know how the new wave of SBR posters are however, i do know the old timers bet with real money at old school books like Bookmaker (SBR Rated A+), 5Dimes (SBR Rated A+), DSI (SBR Rated A+), Bodog (SBR Rated A), Pinnacle (SBR Rated A+), ect,ect,ect

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

you really had to make a post on this site bout it??

it's obvious as half of the degens on here dont have a pot to piss in

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

My guess is way more than than 3-4%

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

25 percent

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

50%!!!!!!

Nats' Fan

The point I was trying to make: I try to see the best in people.. I just don't understand why anyone would waste their time belonging to SBR if they weren't a hard-core gambler, like the majority of us, are.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

they're pretty easy to pick out..the ones who claim to be betting insane amounts on games are the attn whoring air bettors.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Nats' Fan View Post
    The point I was trying to make: I try to see the best in people.. I just don't understand why anyone would waste their time belonging to SBR if they weren't a hard-core gambler, like the majority of us, are.
    The Ego's need for attention and the need to be correct. Coupled with the internet's ability to overcome real world abnormalities; it is a lot of people's only out once they lost the genetic lottery.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

I dont think people air bet

when you are a gambler you get no satisfaction if you dont have any money on a game

i am certain though that people lie about the amounts that they bet

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

I don't know if people air-bet, but people get all excited their picks and make a big noise about a bet. Then, it comes out they had f_ucking ten bucks on it.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Th air bet are probably pretty small. The actual claimed amount of the wager is much more likely to be inflated. Bet $10, say its dime, happens quite a but IMO.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    I don't know if people air-bet, but people get all excited their picks and make a big noise about a bet. Then, it comes out they had f_ucking ten bucks on it.
    A win is a win.

James

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32114

It's not air betting if u bet betpoints is it???

Bo$$ Bet$
    Bo$$ Bet$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I havent bet real money in bout a year after I lost over -10g n the span of a year

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

The air bettors are the ones that are on the first page of an in game thread rooting for 1 team, and then on the last page making fun of the people that lost the same bet they claimed to have made.

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    The air bettors are the ones that are on the first page of an in game thread rooting for 1 team, and then on the last page making fun of the people that lost the same bet they claimed to have made.
    That happens?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Many here.

I would doubt the constant trolls bet anything at all. They come here to be keyboard warriors.

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Many here.

I would doubt the constant trolls bet anything at all. They come here to be keyboard warriors.
    Fuken keyboard warriors.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sbr without airbetting would be like the Special Olympics without retardation.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

What about that guy TR88? He was going all in every night with about $2000 on every bet on LOCKS and I think he lost like 9 out of 10. Air bet or real cash?

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    What about that guy TR88? He was going all in every night with about $2000 on every bet on LOCKS and I think he lost like 9 out of 10. Air bet or real cash?
    Yeah, that's a tough one to call. I make a good living and I've never made a bet like that in my life.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I think you can tell a bit by the year they signed up as well

Someone here 2-3 years is different than 2-3 months

I say 10% or less is my guess

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

50,000 on lsu ml

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Chill out and go gawk at Scarlett Johansson naked.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

It's the internet, people lie and exaggerate about everything.

Everywhere.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I don't know how the new wave of SBR posters are however, i do know the old timers bet with real money at old school books like Bookmaker (SBR Rated A+), 5Dimes (SBR Rated A+), DSI (SBR Rated A+), Bodog (SBR Rated A), Pinnacle (SBR Rated A+), ect,ect,ect

this post is not creepy at all, no , not one bit

OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    There is absolutely a small fraction that airbet here. I'd say it's only 3-4% of posters, but generally that small group tend to be "attention whores" and draw all the attention of the forum to themselves.
    Kind of like the OP just did??

What is the big deal? I will admit, I don't gamble a lot. I do put bets down with friends a local bookie, but because I'm not hardcore I don't belong here? I don't have a huge bankroll and have other obligations (like a family) to support. I still like being around the forums to keep up with whats going on in the industry because someday I do plan on being more involved. If you are talking about the ones that clutter the forums in particular then that's fine, otherwise I don't see an issue...

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

just look for the point begging threads.

those are the ones who don't bet enough for it to even be classified as real money.

some of my sbr point bets would be worth more fiscally than some of these guys normal $$ bets.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    The Ego's need for attention and the need to be correct. Coupled with the internet's ability to overcome real world abnormalities; it is a lot of people's only out once they lost the genetic lottery.

or they are just idiots and can get away with things on the net they could never anywhere else

including some posters in this thread

I'd say less than half of the people that post in this entire forum actually gamble with real money. The gambling part of the net is almost history. It's about social networking for the clients and the owners. I've seen other gambling forums start to go in this direction a number of years back. I think the main draw from a business point of view for this site is 2 things. It has more of an international appeal and more importantly, with it's low standards, it has a very strong idiot appeal. I've never come across a crew of more insecure people. Whether it's lying about some chick you supposedly shot your load on, posting pictures of yourself flexing, posting about what massive money you make, posting plays only to come back later and say you didn't have the losing play but had all winners, posting about all the broads you "pull down", posting about all the drugs you ingest, posting about how bad another country is or how great yours is, or just general extreme immaturity. It's all completely acceptable and promoted. It's the norm.

And the idiots that do bet, well now that's simply a windfall.

I'd say most here can't function in normal society. This place serves a great purpose for them. If they had to have a separate internet persona than who they are in real life, so be it. It gets them by day after day. I've personally met about 30 to 40 people, each group from two other forums, much socially and economically better off than those here, and most had separate internet personas than what they were in real life. For this place, that example would definitely be more extreme.

Nat's fan, I'm sure you are a nice guy. But you are very naive. You'll do well dealing on the net with these fictional people. Nobody gets hurt. The threats are never real and most of the bets aren't either.

12 Last